Should knives be legal?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by shintao, Jan 17, 2011.

1. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Just wondering where everyone is on knifes. It makes for a nasty killing tool, and more silent than the gun tool at achieving the same job. It is harder to identify and doesn't need to be registered, can set in the open on the dash board or your belt, or hidden in your pocket. In the UK where guns are next to nonexistent, guns make up 11% of homicides, and knives are used in 66% of the cases. So regardless of laws, people just use tools that are available to them at the time.

Should this knife be illegal? It is 15" long, and would go completely through a person, reach the heart or sever the neck. If you slap your hands mildly together, that would be the sound you would hear as this knife went through you. It is so sharp you wouldn't know it entered until it was withdrawn. This particular knife is a legal import from Pakistan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  2. Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy Clancy for Ron Paul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Should we drive small smart cars instead of Trucks or SUV's because they're too big and would pose danger on the road?

3. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    I understand England also has laws on knives as well.

4. shintao

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I think you have a valid question, but lets see what the response is to knives. I am just curious as you to see how far some people will go in banning tools. I have never killed anyone with that knife, and not with any of my personal guns & rifles, or car, etc. I don't even hunt because I feel an animal does not have an equal chance at defending itself. Nam seemed like equal footing in the hunt to me. Yet, you watch, someone here will want to take my knife away.:eusa_angel:

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,199
    What part of right to bear arms is difficult to understand?

6. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,482
    They also have a much smaller murder rate than the US by any "tool"

7. shintao

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Hmm, I didn't know that, but it makes sense, because once these people start taking tools, there is no end to it. We will be back to eating meat off the carcass. LOL!

8. shintao

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    When I look at the amass of gun laws, I ask the same question.:cuckoo: And I seem to see rightwingers wanting to make exceptions. Don't they know that is how gun laws started? Matt Dillion, a point in question, leave your guns at the Marshalls office. Now they want them to go to a foot locker downtown or some such BS. A little at a time they are winning, when we should be demanding daily the 2nd be restored, tying up congress with legislation, voting them out if they oppose the 2nd, sticking "I don't own a gun" signs on neighbor's lawns & cars. GRRRRRRRRR. LOL! Get tough on the 2nd

9. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,183
    I like mine better. It's a Case XX Bowie knife, an easy handling 14" long, sharp enough to shave with, and I pity the poor bastard that tries to take it and tell me I can't own it anymore.

[​IMG]

10. shintao

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    When they banned automatics in CA, within a week a guy was bludgeoned to death with a base ball bat at a city park. If the only weapon I have available for the criminal is my fist, he is still going to die. And I don't think anti-knivers understand the philosophy of that. It is not the tool, it's the man, and all the laws in the world will not stop a murderer.