South Sudan vote backs secession

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
This should come as no surprise to those who have been paying attention even somewhat to this situation.

South Sudan vote backs secession - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Early results from southern Sudan's referendum on independence show the region has voted overwhelmingly to split from the north and form a new country.

Reports at the first 10 ballot sites where votes have been counted indicate support for separation is greater than 90 per cent.

More than 83 per cent of those who registered turned out to cast their ballots.

The only question now is whether the North will let the South go quietly or will there be some sort of conflict in the near future. Especially since both sides have been stocking up arms and ammo since (I believe) 2006 when this vote was first announced.

It's Africa. There will be blood. That genocidal fuckwad won't let them go without a fight; he won't want to look weak and acquiescent.

It's Africa. There will be blood. That genocidal fuckwad won't let them go without a fight; he won't want to look weak and acquiescent.

The only question is at this point how much blood and what will be the real international response (if any).

The south in mainly Christian and African the north Muslims and arab.
Id say there may have been enough blood.

The only question is at this point how much blood and what will be the real international response (if any).
none
the world doesnt care when Christians are killed

of course, if the south wins it will be called a genocide and war crimes

Africa can't get their stuff straight. I mean I would never thought in the year 2011 I would be seeing another country split. This is the kinda of stuff you hear in history books not modern day.

Africa can't get their stuff straight. I mean I would never thought in the year 2011 I would be seeing another country split. This is the kinda of stuff you hear in history books not modern day.

As a muslim Im sure it is hard for you to be aware but nearly every conflict on earth is muslims trying to carve out a new state from its former host nation or liberate the people from the evils of kufar.

Christians and Muslims got along fine until oil was discovered in the southern Sudan.

Then some Western nations and corporations started supplying the south with weapons and money.

And encouraged southern Sudan to break away.

Northern Sudan was only doing what any other country would do when terrorist rebel forces were trying to divide the nation.

But the media portrayed it as a Christian vers Muslim civil war.

And Western nations were more than happy to encourage the illusion. :doubt:

Forum List

Back