Should knives be legal?

The real danger to society today is the dreaded Spork.

Just wondering where everyone is on knifes. It makes for a nasty killing tool, and more silent than the gun tool at achieving the same job. It is harder to identify and doesn't need to be registered, can set in the open on the dash board or your belt, or hidden in your pocket. In the UK where guns are next to nonexistent, guns make up 11% of homicides, and knives are used in 66% of the cases. So regardless of laws, people just use tools that are available to them at the time.

Should this knife be illegal? It is 15" long, and would go completely through a person, reach the heart or sever the neck. If you slap your hands mildly together, that would be the sound you would hear as this knife went through you. It is so sharp you wouldn't know it entered until it was withdrawn. This particular knife is a legal import from Pakistan.

knife.jpg

Anything can be used as a weapon. Its not about the weapon its about the hand that is using a weapon.

It would make no difference to me about a no carry knife law. It wouldn't apply to me. I would be able to carry as many as i want and as long as i want. :lol:

I understand England also has laws on knives as well.

They also have a much smaller murder rate than the US by any "tool"

When they banned automatics in CA, within a week a guy was bludgeoned to death with a base ball bat at a city park. If the only weapon I have available for the criminal is my fist, he is still going to die. And I don't think anti-knivers understand the philosophy of that. It is not the tool, it's the man, and all the laws in the world will not stop a murderer.

And yet....countries that do not have guns have nowhere near the murder rate the US does. Guns make it easy, guns are our culture.

To claim that gun murders would be replaced by knife or baseball bat murders is ridiculus

Americans love their Second Amendment remedies

When they banned automatics in CA, within a week a guy was bludgeoned to death with a base ball bat at a city park. If the only weapon I have available for the criminal is my fist, he is still going to die. And I don't think anti-knivers understand the philosophy of that. It is not the tool, it's the man, and all the laws in the world will not stop a murderer.

And yet....countries that do not have guns have nowhere near the murder rate the US does. Guns make it easy, guns are our culture.

To claim that gun murders would be replaced by knife or baseball bat murders is ridiculus

Too bad asshole:eusa_boohoo:............you always have the move option:lol:

Thats a myth, country's that don't have guns, people are killed legaly by the government. and those stats you won't find on paper. That will be locked in prison as if they broke the law.

Thats a myth, country's that don't have guns, people are killed legaly by the government. and those stats you won't find on paper. That will be locked in prison as if they broke the law.

England, Switzerland, Norway ???????

Knives should be legal....but Sporks should be banned

spork-700806.jpg

matching population by percentages still will make your argument a myth. You really do not want to start talking guns with me I will blow your ass out of the water.

matching population by percentages still will make your argument a myth. You really do not want to start talking guns with me I will blow your ass out of the water.

Sounds fun...start with the murder rate in the US compared to other countries

Then we can talk about how 2/3 of the murders come from guns

I like mine better. It's a Case XX Bowie knife, an easy handling 14" long, sharp enough to shave with, and I pity the poor bastard that tries to take it and tell me I can't own it anymore.

casexxxbowieknife.jpg

That is really a nice knife. They only other large knife I have is an Asian machete. Packed for my move. I'm not one to pack around a knife, but have a lot of hand size knifes. My lil toad stabber is a knife my brother gave me before he died, with a 2" blade. I carry it for sentimental reasons, and it comes in handy here and there. I guess when you consider 911 was done with box knives, a lil knife can be deadly.

I think knives are a women's favorite killing tool. I never hear them talking about them, even though they spend all their time in the kitchen around them.

I bought that knife around six years ago for $85. I see they've gone up in price since then. It's an investment. I don't wear it around or have it out on display. I'll show it to certain people on occasion but that's it, but nobody is going to take it from me, or my guns, period.

Should we drive small smart cars instead of Trucks or SUV's because they're too big and would pose danger on the road?

I would say that we should all walk, but one might roll an ankle or slip on ice.

It's better to just sit and wait for shit to be brought to you...like a sammich.

Forum List

Back