Should Jesus be idolized and is that breaking the first commandment?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Should Jesus be idolized and is that breaking the first commandment?

We idolize ideals. Yahweh commanded that no other name be put above his, as man’s ideal for a God. Jesus himself defers to Yahweh; till dogma puts him in the judgement seat, yet many Christians ignore Yahweh and have turned Jesus into the main idol of Christianity. They point to a new covenant that cannot exist as God never changes his mind, according to dogma.

Christians and all who worship Jesus, it appears to me, are breaking the first commandment as they are idolizing Jesus. Yahweh will not be pleased with this.

Is this thesis accurate and are many Christians breaking the first commandment?

I know that some Christians will throw the Trinity concept into this but please do not as I will not argue against that ridiculous concept.

Whose name do you put as your ideal, Jesus or Yahweh?

Here are hints to their perspective characters.

Regards
DL

giphy.gif

the 4th century christian bible, christianity is a false religion having nothing to do with the events of the 1st century - using a proxy messiah to captivate and enshrine their willing audience.

the desert religions belief in a messiah represents the true meaning of idolatry.

the 4th century christian bible, christianity is a false religion having nothing to do with the events of the 1st century - using a proxy messiah to captivate and enshrine their willing audience.

the desert religions belief in a messiah represents the true meaning of idolatry.

I have to wonder how the lying clergy have come to convince sane people that some God somewhere has condemned them all to hell, yet they can escape if the right price is paid to a cleric.

So many stupid people who would fall for such a lie is hard to fathom.

Regards
DL

I have to wonder how the lying clergy have come to convince sane people that some God somewhere has condemned them all to hell, yet they can escape if the right price is paid to a cleric.

Regards
DL
...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts of 1844
3rd paragraph

Human Requirements and Division of Labour, Marx, 1844

Regards
DL
...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

Good catch. Most of these people have no idea they're commies.

They can never cite what Constantine supposedly rewrote either, nor explain why they think he could have gotten away with something like that, either, as if the mass of Christians would just roll over for it, despite having suffered all kinds of persecution and murders for centuries, as if they suddenly were all terrified of this one guy or something.

Regards
DL

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

Good catch. Most of these people have no idea they're commies.

They can never cite what Constantine supposedly rewrote either, nor explain why they think he could have gotten away with something like that, either, as if the mass of Christians would just roll over for it, despite having suffered all kinds of persecution and murders for centuries, as if they suddenly were all terrified of this one guy or something.

Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the Great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire ...

- despite having suffered all kinds of persecution and murders for centuries ...

those were the people from the 1st century to the 4th in true recognition of the events of the 1st before the religion became - christianity.

Forum List

Back