Should illegal aliens from Iran and Syria be allowed to valid USA drivers licences

Bassman007

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2015
Seriously, then they can hijack their fuel tankers and be legal drivers. So why is it racially allowable to bestow this privilege on Mexicans who are illegal.

Seriously, then they can hijack their fuel tankers and be legal drivers. So why is it racially allowable to bestow this privilege on Mexicans who are illegal.
Are you sure illegals acquire drivers' licenses legally? Several years ago we changed our DMV procedures because we were too lax about proof of citizenship/residence, and illegal immigrants were coming up here literally by the busload to get drivers licenses. Now they can't.

• Banned
Are you sure illegals acquire drivers' licenses legally? Several years ago we changed our DMV procedures because we were too lax about proof of citizenship/residence, and illegal immigrants were coming up here literally by the busload to get drivers licenses. Now they can't.
Lady, there are 50 states with different rules. There are even cities welcoming as many illegal immigrants as want to come. do a Google search of illegal aliens with drivers licenses.

"Should illegal aliens from Iran and Syria be allowed to valid USA drivers licences"

Setting aside for the moment the extreme unlikelihood of Iranian and Syrian immigrants entering the United States absent authorization, how do you know they’re ‘illegal’ if they haven’t been found guilty in a court of law of entering the country absent authorization – and once found guilty of that crime and designated as being in the country illegally, they’ll be subject to imprisonment and deportation, rending the issue of a driver’s license moot.

Otherwise, all persons in the United States are entitled to due process of the law, including those undocumented – Iranian and Syrian immigrants in particular given the fact they’ll likely be eligible for refugee status.

And while any undocumented immigrant is waiting for his application for refugee status to be approved or denied, or pending a court date to determine if indeed he’s entered the country absent authorization, he has the right to apply for, and receive, a driver’s license if he’s otherwise eligible, as the courts have already determined:

Court Blocks Arizona From Denying Driver's Licenses To Young Immigrants

Doesn't matter. As I understand it, expecting anyone to follow our immigration laws is racist, and the way we prove we're not racist is to give 'em drivers licenses 'n stuff.

Is that right? Is that how you understand it? When has anyone ever called you racist for expecting people to follow our immigration laws?

Let me help. I expect people to follow our immigration laws. You and I agree. I don't, however, fear being called a racist for saying that. What's different between you and me on this issue?

"Racially allowable"?

???????????

"Should illegal aliens from Iran and Syria be allowed to valid USA drivers licences"

Setting aside for the moment the extreme unlikelihood of Iranian and Syrian immigrants entering the United States absent authorization, how do you know they’re ‘illegal’ if they haven’t been found guilty in a court of law of entering the country absent authorization – and once found guilty of that crime and designated as being in the country illegally, they’ll be subject to imprisonment and deportation, rending the issue of a driver’s license moot.

Otherwise, all persons in the United States are entitled to due process of the law, including those undocumented – Iranian and Syrian immigrants in particular given the fact they’ll likely be eligible for refugee status.

And while any undocumented immigrant is waiting for his application for refugee status to be approved or denied, or pending a court date to determine if indeed he’s entered the country absent authorization, he has the right to apply for, and receive, a driver’s license if he’s otherwise eligible, as the courts have already determined:

Court Blocks Arizona From Denying Driver's Licenses To Young Immigrants
All that is needed is to require a valid social security number to get a license, and a birth certificate to get that number, and any infraction requires deportation or jail time

"Racially allowable"?

???????????
Indeed, the law has to be followed and enforced equally among races. So if Mexican illegals can get drivers license's then Iranian and Syrian illegals MUST have the same rights. Is this what you propose? because ISIS suicide bombers have no respect for anyone's lives, including their own. Is this what you propose as rational U.S. policy?

There are a few states that allow Illegal immigrants drivers licenses. I know of Colorado, New Mexico, Illinois and California and here is a article from over a year ago on the matter:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/03/30/us/laws-affecting-unauthorized-immigrants.html?_r=0

Doesn't matter. As I understand it, expecting anyone to follow our immigration laws is racist, and the way we prove we're not racist is to give 'em drivers licenses 'n stuff.

Is that right? Is that how you understand it? When has anyone ever called you racist for expecting people to follow our immigration laws?

Let me help. I expect people to follow our immigration laws. You and I agree. I don't, however, fear being called a racist for saying that. What's different between you and me on this issue?

You racist and may I add bigot too!

:smartass::scared1:

Depends on which bathroom they choose to use...

License for illegals is all about the car insurance industry .

Is this take 2? Your first attempt failed.

Do you know the difference between race and nationality?

Again, at least you’re consistent at being ignorant and wrong, as we saw in your failed thread about undocumented immigrants being prohibited persons with regard to possessing firearms.

And again, the issue has nothing to do with ‘race,’ it has to do with immigration status – where any undocumented immigrant has the right to due process of the law, and the right to apply for a driver’s license and receive it if he’s otherwise eligible until such time as he has been found guilty in a court of law of entering the country absent authorization.

Indeed, it would be in violation of the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment to deny Iranian and Syrian immigrants a driver’s license because they ‘might’ commit acts of terror, where such an accusation is baseless and without merit.

The Constitution does not allow government to disadvantage persons based solely on who they are, where they are from, or that they ‘might’ commit acts of terror.

This is consistent with the fundamental tenets of the rule of law: that one is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law – and that includes undocumented immigrants.

"Racially allowable"?

???????????
Indeed, the law has to be followed and enforced equally among races. So if Mexican illegals can get drivers license's then Iranian and Syrian illegals MUST have the same rights. Is this what you propose? because ISIS suicide bombers have no respect for anyone's lives, including their own. Is this what you propose as rational U.S. policy?

"Mexican" is not a race. Neither is "Iranian" or "Syrian."

And, do you have a link to some law or policy that only applies to immigrants from Mexico relevant to this topic?

Forum List

Back