Should I worry? Security questions. Browsers & Cookies

On the internet we are not really as anonymous or safe as we imagine or are promised. aaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii!

LOL ... we were never promised anything ... but it's not as bad as some people have you think (namely those security software commercials). The only time you are really in danger is when you feel too safe.

I got into the engine stuff of browserss briefly...realized it would become another obsession. lol

When I first went to a site to learn I saw the old joke about a customer calls up the service center and asks for help. Help with what? They wanted to learn the internet.

I thought at the time---what is wrong with that?

lol

On the internet we are not really as anonymous or safe as we imagine or are promised. aaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii!

LOL ... we were never promised anything ... but it's not as bad as some people have you think (namely those security software commercials). The only time you are really in danger is when you feel too safe.

Oh I feel safe on the internet(s). I just get nervous when others are in control of my access. hahaha

I got into the engine stuff of browserss briefly...realized it would become another obsession. lol

When I first went to a site to learn I saw the old joke about a customer calls up the service center and asks for help. Help with what? They wanted to learn the internet.

I thought at the time---what is wrong with that?

lol

It's amazing really, there are only really three different browser engines, while there are many browsers which use them (mostly they use the Fire Fox one, Mozilla is keeping up better). The engine for IE is still behind, and the Netscape one is almost a lost cause at this point. IE still doesn't support all the form elements, they are trying to make the buttons more standardized and since HTML 4.0 they have added a new format for the button code which IE still doesn't read right. CSS is also not kept up with as well with IE, and Navigator can't render a lot of the visual tricks the other two can. I know of five browsers that use the Mozilla engine including Fire Fox, there are probably more now. Gecko is good if you want a simple and compact browser, which uses Mozilla's engine to. Once you get hooked on software you get sucked in.

Forum List

Back