Should I join Idaho's "The Citadel"

Treason-defined.jpg

And Thank God our Founders committed Treason to ensure our Natural rights were upheld and sustained.

When Government oppresses the natural law and rights of man, we have the right to protect ourselves.

I wonder at this point if we've been talking about the same thing. "Gated community" doesn't mean you have a house in the sticks that has a long driveway with a gate at the end. By "gated community" I was talking about an intentional, prefab-constructed enclave of cookie-cutter houses with a security gate keeping the world at bay, with or without a guard, and strict rules about who gets in and how they live -- as was described earlier in the thread. The keyword in the phrase is "community", even though it's used artificially; a group of residents behind one common gate.

If you're talking about simply having a gate at the driveway of your own house, that's not the same thing at all.

I think Harry knows what we meant.

I have a 5000 sq.ft. custom home. And there is not another like it in the neighborhood.
In fact all the homes are different. Not sure if that fits your description or not.
The two river properties I had were both gated. I would think that would be even more pretentious then living in a gated neighborhood since access is even more restrictive.
Personally I dont care if someone wants gated access or not,thats their choice and I really dont see why it would bother anyone either way.
But I think it's foolish not to if you can.

Then apparently we've been talking about completely different things. I assumed you knew what "gated community" meant. But then again the question wasn't put to you, so that's what you get -- smh...

Not sure you understood me. The custom home is in a gated community,in other words there is a gate to enter the neighborhood.
Are you saying that just because a person can only afford to buy a tract home in a gated community,that that somehow makes them a lesser person then a nice home in a gated community?
I know if I found a place close to work (before I retired)and it was in a bad part of town I wouldnt even consider it if it wasnt gated.
But I would never live in the inner city so it's kind of a moot point in my case.

Some high end gated communities require that all cars that belong in that community have a transponder. Those that don't aren't on the road for long. It is not noble to offer you life and the lives of your family on some altar of criminal behavior.

the Citadel : A Community of Liberty

Hundreds sign up to live in the Citadel ¿ an armed, 'defensible' fortress community planned for Idaho | Mail Online

Now that is a gated community. I think we're going to see more of this stuff as time goes on; Especially if liberal thinking as it is now, continues to pollute society.

I asked my wife if she wanted to move there, and she said no; but she did like the idea of me owning a gun.

Absolutely not, if you do they win, fight the good fight and if we lose we can be proud we did.

I have a 5000 sq.ft. custom home. And there is not another like it in the neighborhood.
In fact all the homes are different. Not sure if that fits your description or not.
The two river properties I had were both gated. I would think that would be even more pretentious then living in a gated neighborhood since access is even more restrictive.
Personally I dont care if someone wants gated access or not,thats their choice and I really dont see why it would bother anyone either way.
But I think it's foolish not to if you can.

Then apparently we've been talking about completely different things. I assumed you knew what "gated community" meant. But then again the question wasn't put to you, so that's what you get -- smh...

Not sure you understood me. The custom home is in a gated community,in other words there is a gate to enter the neighborhood.
Are you saying that just because a person can only afford to buy a tract home in a gated community,that that somehow makes them a lesser person then a nice home in a gated community?
I know if I found a place close to work (before I retired)and it was in a bad part of town I wouldnt even consider it if it wasnt gated.
But I would never live in the inner city so it's kind of a moot point in my case.

No, not saying that at all. How would I know what these things cost? At this point I have little idea left what you're talking about. But again that's the peril of jumping in on a question put to somebody else.

Even if he won't answer it -- right Harry?

the Citadel : A Community of Liberty

Hundreds sign up to live in the Citadel ¿ an armed, 'defensible' fortress community planned for Idaho | Mail Online

Now that is a gated community. I think we're going to see more of this stuff as time goes on; Especially if liberal thinking as it is now, continues to pollute society.

I asked my wife if she wanted to move there, and she said no; but she did like the idea of me owning a gun.

Absolutely not, if you do they win, fight the good fight and if we lose we can be proud we did.

Your avatar reminds me of Ned Kelly. I was in Australia when they filmed the movie.

One thing. For the most part Idahoans are to poor to have gated communities. But we have plenty of lava rocks to build other things.

HOA's are almost always Republican dominated, because they are mostly rich greedy people who...well, who can afford to live in a gated community. And it's a nightmare of authority.

As much as right wingers bitch about tyrannical government, they gladly give HOA dues to an HOA that forbids God-knows-what in their community. My parents' HOA banned certain shades of concrete for a driveway, blinds on any 2nd floor windows, grass has a height limit- and yes, they take a ruler around on Sunday afternoons and measure, and they are talking about making you deposit a sample of your dog's shit so that it can be sent of for a DNA test for those who dont pick the shit up (No, really, they are thinking about it, they saw the HOA in the news that did that, and thought it was a great idea).

You're an idiot. Kill yourself.

Note: every HOA in this area is moonbat-central, 95-100% liberal. (Hell, this whole damned state is moonbat-central.)

Kill yourself? This is supposed to be the intelligent solution?

I suggest you take better advice. Learn how to love others.

For you to say they dont help stop crime. I mean yeah if someone wants in bad enough they'll get in and there's not much you can do about it other then make it harder.
And of course be armed.
The whole idea is to make them find an easier target. And they do that very well.

i delivered mail here in the Anaheim Hills.....to 5 separate Gated Communities.....you cant be a low end earner to live here......only one had a guard.....you go through that gate only if he lets you....the other 4.....if you don't live there and you want in, you wait for a car to go through and follow them in....where is the security?.....why have gates?.....the only thing that saves these people is that its a pretty low crime area as it is.......but if it wasnt....anyone could get in just by following a car in.....

Yes they can follow someone in. The problem for the crook lies with home alarms and cameras and one way in and one way out. They know if they set off the alarm(which they will) they have to leave immediately or be trapped.
Why would you even try it? You know you're going to get busted. I've lived here for eight years and we've had zero break ins in the neighborhood. Not sure how you can argue with that record.

one way in and one way out.

cant have that out here.....has to be two exits for Fire evacuation.....

my argument is......if anyone can go through that gate......whats the purpose of that gate?..... and then the association undoubtedly charges for that gate......one of the gated complexes here is right next to a non-gated place......the burglary rate is exactly the same.....

No, not saying that at all. How would I know what these things cost? At this point I have little idea left what you're talking about. But again that's the peril of jumping in on a question put to somebody else.

Even if he won't answer it -- right Harry?

i answered it in post 133 i believe.....:eusa_eh:

All gated communities are prisons.

really?.....but you can come and go when you want......some prison.....

If you want to see prisons, just go to any liberal hell-hole in the inner city. The homes have bars on the windows and doors. The people who live there don't go out after dark. Children aren't allowed to play outside, not even on their front porch. Their freedom is limited to what it takes for bare survival. That's prison.

that's also because that's were the real "gun nutters" live......the guys who all these anti "gun nutter" people should be targeting......not the guy who just happens to own 5-6 guns.....they should be targeting the members of the violent gangs that will shoot you just for looking at them or because they don't know who you are.....

I love living in a gated community. No scummy libs selling magazine subscriptions or other door to door BS.
You know who belongs in your neighborhood and who doesnt. It's great!!
Plus you get to annoy libs while enjoying all those benefits. What could be better?

Just about anything. I'd suck my shotgun before living in a place like that. I like living somewhere I can wrench on cars in the garage!

I have a four car garage and work on my own vehicles all the time.
So how do you feel about apartments with controlled access? Most of them are controlled access these days but you never hear libs crying about those.
I guess those people aren't rich enough to hate.
Libs...way more transparent then the Obammy admin.

What in the name of Jesus Christ and a pair of fuzzy dice are you babbling about?

What else could it be?
A gated community is about safety. Nothing more.
For you to say anything else marks you as one of the haters. Or maybe one of the people I'm trying to keep out.
Jealous?..........yeah jealous.

Trust me, if I ever in my life even entertained the idea of a gated "community" you have my permission to just shoot me. I would no more want to numb myself from the outside world than I would want to drive an autonomic transmission. I don't roll that way, isolating myself from reality. And I put the word "community" in quotes because isolating oneself away from the world is the opposite of community. So no, there's absolutely no "jealousy" here. More like "pity".

The question (if it were yours which it isn't) would be "safety" -- from what? And the reason for the original question is "curiosity". So if you think I'm not allowed to ask that question, well we know who the haters are. But apparently we don't know who the quoters are, as this question wasn't directed to you anyway. Butt in to speak for others much?

I'm genuinely curious why anyone in their right mind would want to imprison themselves behind a rigamarole of superficial regulations as already described here, behind a gate. Makes no sense to me. Down the road here there's a sign for such a prison advertising "A gated community with a spectacular view of the mountains". Thing is, (a) the mountains are already all around us, and (b) there are no black people here anyway (which is sad but that's the way it is). No crime, no gangs, no city, no town. So why anyone already in a vast expanse of wooded mountainous bliss would want to hunker behind a gate is beyond my comprehension.

So the question stands.

Pogo there are NON-gated housing tracks that have Home Owners Associations telling them what they can or cant do..........

I don't want to live in one of those, either!

what would make me look silly?.....

For you to say they dont help stop crime. I mean yeah if someone wants in bad enough they'll get in and there's not much you can do about it other then make it harder.
And of course be armed.
The whole idea is to make them find an easier target. And they do that very well.

i delivered mail here in the Anaheim Hills.....to 5 separate Gated Communities.....you cant be a low end earner to live here......only one had a guard.....you go through that gate only if he lets you....the other 4.....if you don't live there and you want in, you wait for a car to go through and follow them in....where is the security?.....why have gates?.....the only thing that saves these people is that its a pretty low crime area as it is.......but if it wasnt....anyone could get in just by following a car in.....

If they use the typical barcode on the window to open the gate, I suspect you could get in by taking a digital picture of it, printing it out, and holding it up to the scanner!

Just about anything. I'd suck my shotgun before living in a place like that. I like living somewhere I can wrench on cars in the garage!

So how do you feel about apartments with controlled access? Most of them are controlled access these days but you never hear libs crying about those.

What in the name of Jesus Christ and a pair of fuzzy dice are you babbling about?

Soooo stupid. Does it hurt?

He's asking you if you feel the same about apartment complexes that limit who can enter.

And please dont invoke the Lord's name in vain.

He's asking you if you feel the same about apartment complexes that limit who can enter.

Maybe he doesn't believe it's the name of a Lord. Nor was it in vain, because I'm with Jaraxle -- I spent the better part of a day trying to figure out exactly that question.

Fuck you and your Allah, you Buddhist mutherfucker!

Plus don't even get me started on them myriad Hindu gods, much less them Titans, Koios Damn It!!!

Forum List

Back