Should I join Idaho's "The Citadel"

There is a long story on how he conned people back in 2004 in the Washington Post

Fear of Terrorism Inspired Scheme to Bilk Area Malls

By Jerry Markon
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, March 31, 2004; Page A07

Yahoo!

Christian A. Kerodin fixed heaters and air conditioners for a living.
But after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, he found something new to repair:
what he saw as the vulnerability of major Washington area shopping malls
to terrorism.

With no experience, Kerodin started an international consulting firm and
issued reports criticizing security at the Fashion Centre at Pentagon
City, Tysons Galleria and Landmark Mall in Alexandria, saying they had
failed to prepare for biological, chemical or other attacks.

The 37-year-old Alexandria businessman hawked his reports in news
releases and convinced the editor of a national real estate publication
to feature him as an expert with 20 years of foreign policy and
counter-terrorism experience. His reports were quoted by Wall Street
analysts. He was even scheduled to speak at an emergency preparedness
conference in the District alongside a senior Treasury Department
official.

Federal law enforcement officials say Kerodin exploited a climate of
fear stemming from the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.
Kerodin has admitted to extorting money from some of the region's
biggest mall owners by threatening to expose their alleged
vulnerabilities to "Islamic terrorism" if they did not hire him as a
consultant. He was sentenced last week in U.S. District Court in
Alexandria to 21/2 years in prison.

Officials said Kerodin's case highlights a disturbing trend of people
trying to profit from concerns about terrorism in the post-Sept. 11 era.
It was not unlike the case of a Maryland man convicted last year of
providing bomb dogs that couldn't smell out explosives to guard key
government installations.

U.S. Attorney Paul J. McNulty, whose office prosecuted Kerodin and has
brought a number of similar cases recently, said Kerodin "took advantage
of the heightened concern we all have to protect ourselves from
terrorism. It is reprehensible that he exploited that concern for
personal gain.''

Kerodin was indicted last fall on extortion charges after a sting in
which a U.S. Secret Service agent posed as a vice president of the
company that owns the Pentagon City mall, court documents say. He
pleaded guilty in January to extortion and a firearms count. Federal
agents found an illegal, sawed-off shotgun when they swarmed Kerodin's
one-bedroom apartment last fall.

The telephone number for Kerodin's company was disconnected, and a home
number could not be found this week.

More at link.
It might be noted also he has a Monetary judgment of $1,646,166 against him, as a result of a Civil Suit against him.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyone who has spent one penny with this dude who thinks they are going to get it back is out of their flipping mind.

Quite a few of our Board ultra right wacks will fit right in one with this fantasy crew.

the Citadel : A Community of Liberty

Hundreds sign up to live in the Citadel ¿ an armed, 'defensible' fortress community planned for Idaho | Mail Online

Now that is a gated community. I think we're going to see more of this stuff as time goes on; Especially if liberal thinking as it is now, continues to pollute society.

A commune of paranoiacs living together in the woods, all armed...
Great idea. What could possibly go wrong?

I asked my wife if she wanted to move there, and she said no; but she did like the idea of me owning a gun.

She might have meant "gun" metaphorically.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Hundreds sign up to live in the Citadel ¿ an armed, 'defensible' fortress community planned for Idaho | Mail Online

Now that is a gated community. I think we're going to see more of this stuff as time goes on; Especially if liberal thinking as it is now, continues to pollute society.

A commune of paranoiacs living together in the woods, all armed...
Great idea. What could possibly go wrong?

I asked my wife if she wanted to move there, and she said no; but she did like the idea of me owning a gun.

She might have meant "gun" metaphorically.

Just sayin'.

In Randy Weaver's case, the federal govt went in guns ablazing and killed his wife and child. So yes, the govt can do a lot of wrong.

BTW: His "Arms Manufacturing" plant right now consists of him spray painting parts, slapping on a "liberty" related logo and reselling for higher prices. He does this from a backwood 126K 3 bedroom home in the hicks of West Virginia.

From what I have seen, (and his own IIIArms blog relays this) -- lots of people who ordered arms from him long ago still have not received their weapons.

Treason-defined.jpg

BTW: His "Arms Manufacturing" plant right now consists of him spray painting parts, slapping on a "liberty" related logo and reselling for higher prices. He does this from a backwood 126K 3 bedroom home in the hicks of West Virginia.

From what I have seen, (and his own IIIArms blog relays this) -- lots of people who ordered arms from him long ago still have not received their weapons.

the Citadel: FAQs

Where does the money go?

At the moment the Citadel Project is accepting only Application Fees ($208). All Application Fees will ultimately be deposited into a Citadel business bank account, after clearing PayPal and other servicers. At present the Citadel Project continues to advance without any paid employees. All of the work being done is performed by many volunteers who are motivated to help the project succeed. This money will be used to cover the costs of the application process by the responsible members of the project. As explained elsewhere, Applicants who are accepted into the Citadel will have the entire Application Fee credited to their Lease Agreement, and Applicants who are declined will be refunded the Fee in full, except for a $33 Administrative Fee.

:lol:

All gated communities are prisons.

really?.....but you can come and go when you want......some prison.....

A 'prison' can be used to keep inmates away from the real world... or to keep the real world away from the inmates. The only difference is the latter does it voluntarily.

Looks like this:

ostrich2.jpg

Perhaps "prison" has conflicting meanings. Let's say "asylum".

Last edited:
WHY APPLY FOR RESIDENCE: If living in an affordable, safe, well-prepared, patriotic community where your children will be educated in school rather than indoctrinated, consider the Citadel. Approved applicants receive a Lifetime Lease (paid off in only 30 years). No credit check. No background check. Zero down payment. Zero interest. Zero property taxes.

Who knew paranoiacs could be so trusting?

We can't make a decision for you. In fact, I would very much encourage you not to make a decision based on what anyone here says. You have to make the best decision for you and your family.

Well, we may have just saved him $208.

Sure. Religious groups have been doing this for ages. Jews, Mormons, Mennonites, Amish, etc, have built their own communities. Neighborhood HOA's have on occasion been formed to bunch up like minded people. What is so radical about a bunch of Right wingers setting up their own community? Probably will look like this:

trailertopia3.gif

that's where I live now ya jerk.

Our American political system operates because of the civic virtue of its citizens. Civilian official control the militia. If civic virture disappears, then civilians with military may well control the citizenship, and not much can be done about it. Thus, work on civic virtue. The ultra right, unfortunately, do not believe in such virtue and will topple the country if given a chance.

Forum List

Back