Should I get a Tatoo???

I love tattoos on women. Especially the classy women with hidden tats, it shows that naughty side...

Woooooo! I think I'm starting to sweat.

what, i'm a whore now?

No, but the ass-cap (also known as the whore stamp) has been used extensively in organized prostitution to brand the workers, thus identifying who owns them. The practice is pretty wide-spread, and is also used by human slavers to brand their "cattle."

FYI.

I love tattoos on women. Especially the classy women with hidden tats, it shows that naughty side...

Woooooo! I think I'm starting to sweat.
Glad to see the other side, over 30 too! :laugh: Personally I wouldn't get a tatoo, but considering what's been posted here from a few, I hope Bonnie returns with hers. :dev3:

I have a tattoo, on my right shoulder. You can't see it if I'm wearing any kind of a shirt with a sleeve. It's of a skull with a snake crawling through it. I got it when I was 25. I don't regret it.

With that said, at risk of sounding like a hypocrit, I don't like tattoo's on women, especially on their tailbone. I relate tattoo's on women with a certain type of woman... a little on the trashy side... and Bonnie, I hold you in very high esteem. I can't see you with a tattoo.

But, I'd say take whatever anybody here has to say with a grain of salt, and then make up your own mind. It is your body, and nobody has the right to tell you what you can or can't do with it.

Glad to see the other side, over 30 too! :laugh: Personally I wouldn't get a tatoo, but considering what's been posted here from a few, I hope Bonnie returns with hers. :dev3:

Will that represent some kind of "victory"? Hell, she just asked for opinions.
I hope and assume she'll do whatever she feels right----not get one to just spite someone.

Will that represent some kind of "victory"? Hell, she just asked for opinions.
I hope and assume she'll do whatever she feels right----not get one to just spite someone.

Why? Do you think you posted something someone who asked for advice might find offensive? Obviously she was considering, but had doubts. Then came our posters of the 'we know all and when we don't, we'll lable all."

Why? Do you think you posted something someone who asked for advice might find offensive? Obviously she was considering, but had doubts. Then came our posters of the 'we know all and when we don't, we'll lable all."

Intersting take on people posting opinions------Personally I didn't see any posters making that claim. Who do you think claimed they knew it all ?

again, so I am a whore now?

To some, who do NOT wish to call YOU that, but not for most of us. They figure one has to be 'their label' to do such.

Like I said, I'm older than you or even Bonnie, so understand when I say I wouldn't. With that said, I see nothing 'wrong' in such, though depending on where and times, one might come to regret the 'permanency of such.' :laugh:

...which I know is going to be painful, ...
i forgot to add that yeah, it will be painful, but the part I found that was the worst was the outlining/initial drawing. That felt like someone taking a sharp pen or pencil and gouging lines in my back. The coloring in and shading actually felt more like an annoying burning (kind of like the after-burning feeling when you lightly burn your skin), to the point where it didn't bother me. I actually started dozing halfway through it, because i was so relaxed and it really didn't hurt that bad anymore.

A good thing to remember is eat something with protein beforehand. Nobody told me this before I got mine and I needed glucose tablets within 20 minutes because I started to black out from the adrenaline rush and the lack of blood sugar. I took a break and went next door and grabbed a subway so that I wouldn't need the tablets again.

again, so I am a whore now?

Not that I know of, nor that I give a damn. But if you have an ass-cap, I have to wonder if you were aware of its history prior to getting the tattoo. Honestly I didn't know about it until a friend of mine filled me in on what it stands for. Then I did some follow-up checking on what he told me and he was spot-on. So don't be surprised if you find people making such a judgment against you based on your ass-cap. And hopefully the tat you have doesn't have any direct relation to any gang-tats or slaver brands.

Personally, I'd never get a tattoo. But I've seen some beautiful ink-work before, including full-body, full-color artwork, so I can appreciate good artwork when I see it.

Not that I know of, nor that I give a damn. But if you have an ass-cap, I have to wonder if you were aware of its history prior to getting the tattoo. Honestly I didn't know about it until a friend of mine filled me in on what it stands for. Then I did some follow-up checking on what he told me and he was spot-on. So don't be surprised if you find people making such a judgment against you based on your ass-cap. And hopefully the tat you have doesn't have any direct relation to any gang-tats or slaver brands.

Personally, I'd never get a tattoo. But I've seen some beautiful ink-work before, including full-body, full-color artwork, so I can appreciate good artwork when I see it.
if you read my above post to Bonnie, you'd know that my tat is not anything of the sort (it actually has a meaning and is symbolic to me), and the placement was strictly to keep it from being exposed when I don't want it to be, such as an office/professional environment (not that I care anymore because I am done with those jobs), and sun fading, etc., as well as my desire not to see it all the time so as not to get sick of it. I also am probably getting both my boys' hospital footprints tattooed somewhere, though I haven't picked a location-probably my belly under my bellybutton. The only problem is something like that would run me upwards of about $200, and I just don't have that money at the moment.

I had no idea of the so-called history of the location of my tattoo (even if I did, it wouldn't have stopped me for reasons I stated above), as well as where Bonnie wants to get hers.

It just seems to me that people who are against tattoos or just that particular placement, place that negative label (regardless of it's history) on it as a subconscious way of getting the other person to agree with them so they decide against it, even though they may not believe it, because they don't want to be perceived in that way.

BTW, I guess I ought to respond to Bonnie's original post....

Whether you get a tattoo or not should be solely your decision, Bonnie. Do your research prior, and if you choose to get a tattoo, make sure to get a good, if not the best, artist you can lay your hands on. I've seen some absolutely beautiful ink, including a half-body clown motif which amazes me to this day. I've also seen a lot of semi-decent, run-of-the-mill ink which may have seemed a good idea at the time, but whose meaning became diluted over time.

Good luck on making your decision, Bonnie.

if you read my above post to Bonnie, you'd know that my tat is not anything of the sort (it actually has a meaning and is symbolic to me), and the placement was strictly to keep it from being exposed when I don't want it to be, such as an office/professional environment (not that I care anymore because I am done with those jobs), and sun fading, etc., as well as my desire not to see it all the time so as not to get sick of it. I also am probably getting both my boys' hospital footprints tattooed somewhere, though I haven't picked a location-probably my belly under my bellybutton. The only problem is something like that would run me upwards of about $200, and I just don't have that money at the moment.

I had no idea of the so-called history of the location of my tattoo (even if I did, it wouldn't have stopped me for reasons I stated above), as well as where Bonnie wants to get hers.

It just seems to me that people who are against tattoos or just that particular placement, place that negative label (regardless of it's history) on it as a subconscious way of getting the other person to agree with them so they decide against it, even though they may not believe it, because they don't want to be perceived in that way.

Seems to me that people read way too much into statements of opinion and take them personally. I just don't like tatoos and I respect Bonnie way too much to think my opinion is going to sway her-- consciously or unconsciously.
C'mon Fuzzy, no one was trying to manipulate or insult anyone here. A tatoo does not the person make.

Forum List

Back