Should I get a Tatoo???

I did mention this as a goof I said if I got a tat it would be a rabbit, like that quik drink rabbit, and he'd be jumping out of my ass. So when I wasn't wearing a shirt you'd see this silly rabbit jumping out at where my waist line is. I used to joke about having a rabbit jump out of my ass since I'm having to make miracles out of nothing on the job. I guess when my rabbit started sagging it might not get the same effect?

I like the tattoo idea, but on the tailbone part, I dunno if I'd go for it in that area. Maybe somewhere on your back where it's constantly (supposedly, I don't know you in person enough to know for certain) hidden or even on the very top of your arm (unless you where sleeveless shirts).

Well more near my waist than tailbone, but the more I think about it the more Im thinking no...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find tattoos tacky, trashy and tawdry.

Gee Bonnie, you're a good looking lady. Why do you want to do that to yourself? Why do women think they're going to improve themselves by marking themselves for life? What God has made, let no tattoo artist tear asunder!

And this from the Bible...
Leviticus 19:28

28 " 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

Good point Karl :) and Thank you

Im thinking of a guardian angel on my tailbone which I know is going to be painful, but I like that area as it is well hidden most of the time? Do tatoos look good on women??

opinions???

IMO no. Women are naturally beautiful and I think tattoos take away from that.

As someone who has a tatoo, and has had it for awhile - I'll chime in here and say that if you choose wisely, you can end up with a fantastic memory that you will love forever and a peace of (hopefully meaningful) artwork to take with you everywhere that will be come as much a part of you as your ears, fingers, and toes. If you choose poorly...you can have something you regret forever...stuck on you for the rest of your life...thats a pretty big choice - not one to be taken lightly...and certainly not one to make based upon the opinions of anyone here...even me. ;)

I chose way too young...I was 16, snuck out with two friends, lied about my age, and got a tatoo. I, however, was very lucky, and made a great desicion that I still LOVE over ten years later.

A small (quarter-sized) shamrock (I'm Irish) on my lower back on the left-hand side that you can just barely see if I wear a string-bikini and not at all in a normal one. I love it, its small and cute and not only means something to me - keeping my heritage close to me...but also is an amazing memory from my somewhat reckless childhood that I will never forget.

However - one of the other girls who went with me thought that a Mickey Mouse face (also quarter sized) on her lower abdomen - right below her belly button on the right - was a good idea. She was wrong...6 months later she told me that it was the worst decision she ever made. When I spoke with her at my wedding she told me that she still couldn't fathom how she could have been so stupid.

My best friend has three...a butterfly on her shoulder, the Celtic tree of life on her lower back, and a 3rd one that I'm totally blanking on right now (lol). She loves them all...each one is a very precious memory to her. I think she is crazy for having tatoos where people can see them...thats just my thing...I love my tatoo...but I know that others don't agree with me and might judge me because of it (for instance in job interviews) so I chose not to put my tatoo on my ankle or shoulder or someplace visible.

In the end...the decision is entirely up to you. The only thing I can agree with everyone else on is this. Think about it carefully. Because you are stuck with this forever (unless you undergo painful surgery which often leaves you scarred). Additionally, choose something that you will treasure forever. And if you decide to go through with it...make a day out of it...bring a friend of loved one...and make it a day to remember!

Yes Gem, the idea was to put something small and hopefully a meaningful work of art in a place where really only I could see it. But there are a lot of ifs such as the permanence, the quality etc...

Oh my god Im reading this post and thinking I never intended to start a fight between members LOL

Sorry for that :(

I think Im going to have give this a lot more consideration, not going to do anything rash, too many things to consider but I do appreciate the honeet opinions, and this did confirm for me that most men don't like tatoos on women, which is what I always suspected. I do find that interesting.

Oh my god Im reading this post and thinking I never intended to start a fight between members LOL

I may have the solution to get everyone back into the holiday mood... this of course involves a very crude joke....

here goes....

A woman at a nudist colony noticed that a fellow standing next to her had a tattoo on his penis. She asked him if he was a baseball fan. "No" said the fellow, "why do you ask?".

"Well then, why do you have 'Mets' tattooed on your penis?"

"That isn't what it says", he paused, "it says Massachusetts"

I may have the solution to get everyone back into the holiday mood... this of course involves a very crude joke....

here goes....

A woman at a nudist colony noticed that a fellow standing next to her had a tattoo on his penis. She asked him if he was a baseball fan. "No" said the fellow, "why do you ask?".

Musta been cold that day.:)

I think Im going to have give this a lot more consideration, not going to do anything rash, too many things to consider but I do appreciate the honeet opinions, and this did confirm for me that most men don't like tatoos on women, which is what I always suspected. I do find that interesting.

I'm glad you asked our opinions. It got me thinking on the topic a bit more deeply. I came up with somethig similar to Mr. P and think that a temp tat would be just the thing ( IMHO of course ). Permanent tatoos are restrictive which one reason it surprises me that especially that a woman would want one. They like to wear different outfits, different shoes, different hairstyles etc. Couldn't a temp tatoo accomplish the same purpose?
Another issue that arose is that an un-totooed area leaves a lot to the imagination whereas a tatoo sort of forces one to focus on a certain area and in a way limits the viewer to concentrate on the visual impact of the permanent art. Predictabilty isn't all that great sometimes. I don't know about other men but I like to be suprised. Just more thoughts for you to use or toss.
Is it the permanence that makes them so-------neat? Like a committment or a statement?

here goes....

Listen, y'all have to pay me a royalty of $1 every time you tell this joke about me and my tattoo, m'kay?

I had some kind of temporary tattoo kind of graphics applied to my breast area when I was in a play at a local theater. The tattoos were nice-looking and fun to have. It did make me feel a little naughty to have them, lol. But it was also very nice to be able to remove them for my day job. :)

Going on the idea that came up of temporary tattoos, a good idea to see if you would want a tattoo somewhere, but you are not sure how it would look, or if you weren't sure where you wanted it, try a Henna tattoo.

I did this before I got mine (i can't believe that i forgot about this part), about 3 months before I got my real one, I did several Henna designs in various body places-back, chest, arm, legs, etc. I had a friend who is good at drawing do it. These last several weeks, but aren't permanent. It helped me decide where I wanted a tattoo, but I chose the actual design many weeks later. There are many high-quality kits you can get off the internet, or check around your home town for an Indian imported goods store.

This was a fun thread to read. I'm thinking about getting my family crest tattooed on one of my shoulders. My brother in law did it and it looks surprisingly good.

pssst: we don't like make-up or perfume either.

Forum List

Back