Should I get a Tatoo???

Not that I know of, nor that I give a damn. But if you have an ass-cap, I have to wonder if you were aware of its history prior to getting the tattoo. Honestly I didn't know about it until a friend of mine filled me in on what it stands for. Then I did some follow-up checking on what he told me and he was spot-on. So don't be surprised if you find people making such a judgment against you based on your ass-cap. And hopefully the tat you have doesn't have any direct relation to any gang-tats or slaver brands.

Personally, I'd never get a tattoo. But I've seen some beautiful ink-work before, including full-body, full-color artwork, so I can appreciate good artwork when I see it.

I've no idea what an 'ass cap' meant to your friend. Is it within the rhelm of possibilities that Bonnies, Fuzzies' have a different meaning to them? Is it possible, considering what we know of them, that they are not 'whores' of any sort?

I'm not defending/pushing tatoos, my guess though if these ladies like them and chose to have them, they wouldn't be done in a disreputable place. In no way would I link their names with whores, regardless of tatoos, piercings, surgeries, of any sort.

I've no idea what an 'ass cap' meant to your friend. Is it within the rhelm of possibilities that Bonnies, Fuzzies' have a different meaning to them? Is it possible, considering what we know of them, that they are not 'whores' of any sort?

I'm not defending/pushing tatoos, my guess though if these ladies like them and chose to have them, they wouldn't be done in a disreputable place. In no way would I link their names with whores, regardless of tatoos, piercings, surgeries, of any sort.

Why turn this into something it's not ? Here is Bonnies' question;

"Do tatoos look good on women??

opinions???"

People gave thier opinions, recommendations and advice. There was NO attempt made to offend or disrespect ANYONE. No one even said "get one" or "don't get one". The disrespect you are looking for is not here. If there's dog shit laying around and someone smears it all over themselves it ain't the dogs' fault. If I pinched myself everytime I got some unsolicited advice or comment , I'd be black and blue.
Do I think tatoos look good on women? --"no".

Why turn this into something it's not ?
People gave thier opinions, recommendations and advice. There was NO attempt made to offend or disrespect ANYONE. No one even said "get one" or "don't get one". The disrespect you are looking for is not here. If there's dog shit laying around and someone smears it all over themselves it ain't the dogs' fault. If I pinched myself everytime I got some unsolicited advice or comment , I'd be black and blue.
Do I think tatoos look good on women? --"no".

[/QUOTE]

Ok, Bonnie, I guess Dillo has REALLY Called you out. BTW, I think when you get done with the male slams, some of us are here.

Im thinking of a guardian angel on my tailbone which I know is going to be painful, but I like that area as it is well hidden most of the time? Do tatoos look good on women??

opinions???

Absolutely not. Tats are ugly. And the sign of the devil. My first experience with them was a friend of my grandfathers who fought in WW1 (yeah, he was old, and that was a long time ago). He had Navy tats all over his arms and they were all runny, and he told me that he wished he had never gotten them as they were so ugly.

Don't disgrace your beautiful body.

thank you.

I've no idea what an 'ass cap' meant to your friend. Is it within the rhelm of possibilities that Bonnies, Fuzzies' have a different meaning to them?

Irrelevant, Kathianne. The tattoo placed on the lower edge of the small of the back, branching towards hips is called an ass-cap - feel free to ask any tattoo artist who does full-body work. Sure, they might simply refer to it as a tattoo on the small of the back when marketing the work to "polite society", but that doesn't change the origin of that particular tattoo in modern, western culture.

BTW, my friend I spoke of works in law enforcement, so I kinda trust his opinions/information on gang activities. And considering some of my follow-up was with professional inkers, AND they corroborated his statements, I kinda think the definition and description holds.

Now an individual's intent might not be anything other that aesthetic when getting an ass-cap, but that doesn't change the fact that a significant portion of society DOES understand the tat to have a different meaning.

Is it possible, considering what we know of them, that they are not 'whores' of any sort?
Gee, considering that I haven't called either one a 'whore,' perhaps you should try NOT putting words in my mouth. All I was trying to do was provide some additional information to the ladies some background on what the tattoo in that location generally means.

Consider this, your question was just as loaded as the old stand-by: "have you stopped beating your spouse and kids yet?"

I'm not defending/pushing tattoos, my guess though if these ladies like them and chose to have them, they wouldn't be done in a disreputable place. In no way would I link their names with whores, regardless of tattoos, piercings, surgeries, of any sort.
I am not pushing for or against tattoos, just that if someone does decide to get a tattoo, they should make sure to get the absolute best quality tattoo, both in overall design, and in implementation.

It really doesn't matter what meaning fuzzykitten or Bonnie if she gets one, ascribe to their respective tattoos other than it's their individual perspectives.

Cocky called neither, nor anyone a whore, nor even implied it. He called the tattoo itself a "whorestamp" because quite simply that is the street lingo name for them. As with many labels, it was kept while the meaning lost to time.

I've known cocky for about four years, off and on. If he meant to insult, no one would have a need to ask whether or not it happened.

As someone who has a tatoo, and has had it for awhile - I'll chime in here and say that if you choose wisely, you can end up with a fantastic memory that you will love forever and a peace of (hopefully meaningful) artwork to take with you everywhere that will be come as much a part of you as your ears, fingers, and toes. If you choose poorly...you can have something you regret forever...stuck on you for the rest of your life...thats a pretty big choice - not one to be taken lightly...and certainly not one to make based upon the opinions of anyone here...even me. ;)

I chose way too young...I was 16, snuck out with two friends, lied about my age, and got a tatoo. I, however, was very lucky, and made a great desicion that I still LOVE over ten years later.

A small (quarter-sized) shamrock (I'm Irish) on my lower back on the left-hand side that you can just barely see if I wear a string-bikini and not at all in a normal one. I love it, its small and cute and not only means something to me - keeping my heritage close to me...but also is an amazing memory from my somewhat reckless childhood that I will never forget.

However - one of the other girls who went with me thought that a Mickey Mouse face (also quarter sized) on her lower abdomen - right below her belly button on the right - was a good idea. She was wrong...6 months later she told me that it was the worst decision she ever made. When I spoke with her at my wedding she told me that she still couldn't fathom how she could have been so stupid.

My best friend has three...a butterfly on her shoulder, the Celtic tree of life on her lower back, and a 3rd one that I'm totally blanking on right now (lol). She loves them all...each one is a very precious memory to her. I think she is crazy for having tatoos where people can see them...thats just my thing...I love my tatoo...but I know that others don't agree with me and might judge me because of it (for instance in job interviews) so I chose not to put my tatoo on my ankle or shoulder or someplace visible.

In the end...the decision is entirely up to you. The only thing I can agree with everyone else on is this. Think about it carefully. Because you are stuck with this forever (unless you undergo painful surgery which often leaves you scarred). Additionally, choose something that you will treasure forever. And if you decide to go through with it...make a day out of it...bring a friend of loved one...and make it a day to remember!

Thank you, Gunny. But to be honest, that meaning is not really lost to time, but rather to the sheltered circles some people run in. Currently slavers use ass-caps to hide information about where a person is from, who has "owned" them, and whose property they currently are. No shit. Part of the reason I started hearing about this was due to the human slave trade across our southern border where slavers can transport their "goods" into the USA with relative impunity compared to drugs or the like. Currently the majority of "imports" are of slavic, although all ethnicities are vulnerable. And guess what - it's not just slavers transporting persons into the USA, but also OUT OF the USA for sale on foreign markets. (Yes, I know this is a damned sick and repulsive topic, but do a little research and you'll see I've not even scratched the surface.) And guess how the cattle get branded? If you said "with an ass-cap" you win the prize.

Sorry for going off on this tangent to an otherwise benign thread, but human slavery is one issue which really, REALLY sets me off.

Now I'm curious. Should I get a tattoo? If I did, I'd get a little fox tattoo on the upper part of my right arm, near the shoulder.

Thank you, Gunny. But to be honest, that meaning is not really lost to time, but rather to the sheltered circles some people run in. Currently slavers use ass-caps to hide information about where a person is from, who has "owned" them, and whose property they currently are. No shit. Part of the reason I started hearing about this was due to the human slave trade across our southern border where slavers can transport their "goods" into the USA with relative impunity compared to drugs or the like. Currently the majority of "imports" are of slavic, although all ethnicities are vulnerable. And guess what - it's not just slavers transporting persons into the USA, but also OUT OF the USA for sale on foreign markets. (Yes, I know this is a damned sick and repulsive topic, but do a little research and you'll see I've not even scratched the surface.) And guess how the cattle get branded? If you said "with an ass-cap" you win the prize.

Sorry for going off on this tangent to an otherwise benign thread, but human slavery is one issue which really, REALLY sets me off.

Learn something new every day. While I have been aware at a certain level that human slavery still exists, the MSM doesn't do a very good job of keeping it in our faces as it seems to do with important shit ... like gay marriage.:rolleyes: I was only aware however of the historical use of tattoos. Makes sense though.

I will add though that the meaning is STILL lost once you rise out of the gutter. A conservative, well-placed tattoo is perfectly acceptable in most circles and considered "a statement," not a brand.

I will add though that the meaning is STILL lost once you rise out of the gutter. A conservative, well-placed tattoo is perfectly acceptable in most circles and considered "a statement," not a brand.
1) You'd be amazed and sickened at how far up the social ladder human slavers have climbed; and,
2) Knowing that some tattoos have meaning beyond what is discussed in polite society is essential for everyone getting a tattoo. It's all about making informed and educated decisions.

1) You'd be amazed and sickened at how far up the social ladder human slavers have climbed; and,
2) Knowing that some tattoos have meaning beyond what is discussed in polite society is essential for everyone getting a tattoo. It's all about making informed and educated decisions.

My question would have to be just how available this information is without extensive research; which, you have obviously done. Tattoos are most certainly not viewed by the general public in the light you are painting them. They're sold as expressions of individualism, not the "Scarlet Letter."

That isn't questioning your knowlege on the subject, just saying I think you perception of tattoos, even if based on knowledge, isn't the perception I see from the general public.

My question would have to be just how available this information is without extensive research; which, you have obviously done. Tattoos are most certainly not viewed by the general public in the light you are painting them. They're sold as expressions of individualism, not the "Scarlet Letter."

That isn't questioning your knowlege on the subject, just saying I think you perception of tattoos, even if based on knowledge, isn't the perception I see from the general public.

I know that the public doesn't really know the meaning behind the tramp stamp, nor how it has moved into "acceptable" culture. But do some Googling on "tramp stamp", "ass cap" and other variations on the name and you find all the info you might want (and probably a lot you really didn't want) to know. Seriously, older generations might not know the term, but I guarantee the younger ones do.

As someone who has a tatoo, and has had it for awhile - ..... and made a great desicion that I still LOVE over ten years later.

It sounds like you might have made a decision that you won't reget. But it was a decision that did not have to be made. When I bought my first house I was so happy about it that I thought I would live there forever. My Realtor told me I'd be out in 7 years. He was right on the money. Life changes. Tats don't.

Forum List

Back