Should he stay or should he go now?

Should Roul Rodrigues be allowed to stay in America? Or should he be deported.

• He didn’t know he was illegal and spent his life serving this nation. Let him stay.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It’s not my fault he’s an illegal. We have no room for more criminals. Deport him.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Raul Rodrigues spent his whole life thinking he was an American Citizen. He served in the Navy. He spent more than 20 years working for the CBP. And then he found out his Birth Certificate was fraudulent. He was really born in Mexico and smuggled here when his family came illegally.

What is the song? God Forbid you ever have to walk a mile in their shoes.

Now as he struggles to get his citizenship, Roul Rodriguez lives in fear that he will be caught and deported.

So you pick above. Should he stay or should he go.

There are always mitigating facts in immigration... that is why we have immigration court... to work issues like this out....
I've always been under the assumption that military service gets you a green card and eventually citizenship... this case should be moved into that classification in my opinion....

Raul Rodrigues spent his whole life thinking he was an American Citizen. He served in the Navy. He spent more than 20 years working for the CBP. And then he found out his Birth Certificate was fraudulent. He was really born in Mexico and smuggled here when his family came illegally.

Now as he struggles to get his citizenship, Roul Rodriguez lives in fear that he will be caught and deported.

Completely different situation to those willingly crossing into the U.S consciously aware it is the illegal entry into a sovereign nation. Of course he should stay, he is American. God Bless him, Canada could use 1000 like him.

I'd have no trouble with if he's given a Permanent Resident Card till things get sorted out and he's naturalized.

He served our country....I see it the same as those that serve in the .mil and are nationalized.

You are conflating illegal immigrants with DACA. Another "broad brush" technique by Leftists.

God bless him for his service, but how the fuck does one "find out" one day that his birth certificate is fraudulent?

Let him stay and give the guy citizenship. He has spent almost half his life in the service of the United States.

God bless him for his service, but how the fuck does one "find out" one day that his birth certificate is fraudulent?

His Father never told him. He didn’t know until one day inspectors showed up with a Mexican Birth Certificate in his name. Let’s say I was your Father. I told you that you were born here. I provided a Birth Certificate for you. How would you know I was lying?

There are always mitigating facts in immigration... that is why we have immigration court... to work issues like this out....
I've always been under the assumption that military service gets you a green card and eventually citizenship... this case should be moved into that classification in my opinion....

You would think so. But you would be surprised to learn how many Veterans were deported.

Thousands at least. I’m not sure we will ever know the actual number.

Did he just find out ... or did the INS figure it out and come to get him?

In the linked article in the OP it says that Inspectors came to him and showed him the Mexican Birth Certificate. That evening he called his Fafher and asked him. That was when he learned the truth.

There is no INS.

For us old timers, the old term is hard to forget. For most of my life it was the Immigration and Naturalization Service that dealt with Illegal immigrants. Boarder Patrol was part of the INS in the old days.

We know the new term is CBP, for Customs and Border Patrol. But we will sometimes use the older term, as one we have used for decades. Like when we look at the Baseball scores and see CLE, we think Indians, even though they changed the name to Guardians.

But I hope you get the point. I didn’t take issue with that because I understood what he meant, and why he said it.

For us old timers, the old term is hard to forget. For most of my life it was the Immigration and Naturalization Service that dealt with Illegal immigrants. Boarder Patrol was part of the INS in the old days.

We know the new term is CBP, for Customs and Border Patrol. But we will sometimes use the older term, as one we have used for decades. Like when we look at the Baseball scores and see CLE, we think Indians, even though they changed the name to Guardians.

But I hope you get the point. I didn’t take issue with that because I understood what he meant, and why he said it.
It's ICE now.

Forum List

Back