Should Fleeing Motorcylists in High-Speed Chases Be Shot By Police ?

So Unkotare, have you been contacted by the authorities concerning your crimes?

I haven't, and was just hoping I hadn't missed out on all the fun.

Not yet, but they may be having a hard time because what's-his-ass told them to look for a Muslim employing hundreds of illegal aliens. That's what drool-cup boy keeps insisting I am, so that must be what he told his personal G-Men to look for. That would put them waaaaay off the trail.

He's kinda... :cuckoo:

To answer the question of the OP title, perhaps we should evaluate the cost/benefit analysis of it. If cops don't shoot the jerk, rampaging through traffic at 100 MPH (or even at much lesser speeds), then a number of motorists might get killed, or badly injured. At some points in a high speed chase, the motorcylist may have full control of his vehicle (as on straightaways where traffic is absent). But as soon as he gets into traffic, everyone there is at huge risk.

Question is why ? Why should law abiding drivers have their lives jeopardized, when they could be protected just by having the cops blast this loon right off his vehicle, when the chase encounters an open road, free of traffic ? Shouldn't we take action to protect the public, and if the motorcycle criminal fool dies, from being shot, wouldn't that cop who shot him have done us all a favor ? (other than the guy who has to come along and clean up the mess)

I say blast him. :drillsergeant: :Boom2: :evil: :blowup:

I'm not going to read 20 pages of posts but in the hood, I see minorities driving dirt bikes and all terrain vehicles. No one can catch them.

I imagine that if they hit my car, they don't have insurance.

To answer the question of the OP title, perhaps we should evaluate the cost/benefit analysis of it. If cops don't shoot the jerk, rampaging through traffic at 100 MPH (or even at much lesser speeds), then a number of motorists might get killed, or badly injured. At some points in a high speed chase, the motorcylist may have full control of his vehicle (as on straightaways where traffic is absent). But as soon as he gets into traffic, everyone there is at huge risk.

Question is why ? Why should law abiding drivers have their lives jeopardized, when they could be protected just by having the cops blast this loon right off his vehicle, when the chase encounters an open road, free of traffic ? Shouldn't we take action to protect the public, and if the motorcycle criminal fool dies, from being shot, wouldn't that cop who shot him have done us all a favor ? (other than the guy who has to come along and clean up the mess)

I say blast him. :drillsergeant: :Boom2: :evil: :blowup:

I'm not going to read 20 pages of posts but in the hood, I see minorities driving dirt bikes and all terrain vehicles. No one can catch them.

I imagine that if they hit my car, they don't have insurance.

Chuck, the main question is whether or not you think one of the people riding a motorcycle and hitting you would kill you. He is not worried about their lives.

Hey...............in a contest between a motorcycle and the car, the car is going to win almost every time.

The more mass, the more protection.

Should police be allowed to fire on motorcycles in a high speed chase? No. Why? Because cops generally don't fire on speeding cars (which are larger targets), why should they take more chances firing on a smaller target, which can result in unintended casualties if they miss?

So, back to the topic at hand, has anyone come up with bona fide evidence that speeding motorcyclists are a serious danger to the lives of car or truck drivers?

Don't hold your breath waiting for that evidence.

He'll never get it. It requires fundamental intelligence and common sense. He could try asking a few of his local 10 year olds to explain it to him. :lol:

Hey...............in a contest between a motorcycle and the car, the car is going to win almost every time.

Should police be allowed to fire on motorcycles in a high speed chase? No. Why? Because cops generally don't fire on speeding cars (which are larger targets), why should they take more chances firing on a smaller target, which can result in unintended casualties if they miss?

Now try reading the OP >>

"Why should law abiding drivers have their lives jeopardized, when they could be protected just by having the cops blast this loon right off his vehicle, when the chase encounters an open road, free of traffic ?"

Not yet, but they may be having a hard time because what's-his-ass told them to look for a Muslim employing hundreds of illegal aliens. That's what drool-cup boy keeps insisting I am, so that must be what he told his personal G-Men to look for. That would put them waaaaay off the trail.

Law enforcement isn't necessarily fast. But that's OK. As long as they get the job done, when they do.

Law enforcement isn't necessarily fast. But that's OK. As long as they get the job done, when they do.

Too funny!! I hope you don't actually believe that law enforcement will arrest us based on what you have claimed. It might give them a laugh, but that is about it.

Now try reading the OP >>

"Why should law abiding drivers have their lives jeopardized, when they could be protected just by having the cops blast this loon right off his vehicle, when the chase encounters an open road, free of traffic ?"

Since the question in the OP relies on accepting that driver's lives are jeopardized, the fact that no evidence has been shown to suggest lives are in jeopardy makes it a moot point.

Too funny!! I hope you don't actually believe that law enforcement will arrest us based on what you have claimed. It might give them a laugh, but that is about it.

I'm guessing it would be more annoying than amusing for them to have to deal with nutjobs like the one in question, but I'm sure such nonsense is dismissed before it even reaches that level of consideration.

As to the topic of the thread, shooting at a suspect fleeing on a motorcycle would seem to be among the least viable options under most conditions.

I'm guessing it would be more annoying than amusing for them to have to deal with nutjobs like the one in question, but I'm sure such nonsense is dismissed before it even reaches that level of consideration.

As to the topic of the thread, shooting at a suspect fleeing on a motorcycle would seem to be among the least viable options under most conditions.

But the thread isn't addressing "most conditions". It is addressing the "conditions" whereby the motorcyclist is jeopardizing the lives of motorists on the road up ahead, where he is directly headed. Get it ? Pheeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle) :rolleyes:

Of course, if you are a Muslim Islamist jihadist, as you appear to be in your previous posts in other threads, then maybe you would WANT there to be a serious accident with loss of lives. End result is same as bombs, right ? :terror:

But the thread isn't addressing "most conditions". It is addressing the "conditions" whereby the motorcyclist is jeopardizing the lives of motorists on the road up ahead, where he is directly headed. Get it ? Pheeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle) :rolleyes:

Of course, if you are a Muslim Islamist jihadist, as you appear to be in your previous posts in other threads, then maybe you would WANT there to be a serious accident with loss of lives. End result is same as bombs, right ? :terror:

As soon as you show any evidence that a speeding motorcycle jeopardizes lives, we will discuss the question.

Or if anyone else would like to offer the evidence.

Forum List

Back