Why Still High Speed Chases?

Where are your statistics to show such a "trend"?

Far more shootings of unarmed people by the police every day, the War on Drugs, mandated sentences, no-knock-warrants, asset forfeiture, etc.
Just look up the fact the US has the largest % incarcerated in the world.
Not an indicator of freedom.

Back in the 50's cops almost never shot anyone.
Most never even pulled their gun, and they certainly did not point and aim like they do now.
I used to know a lot of cops.
They are horrified as to what cops are routinely doing now.
It is not legal for a cop to even point a gun at an unarmed suspect.

Last edited:
Police seem to be doing more illegal things all the time, like shooting unarmed suspects, etc.
That is the point.
Why the trend of police being more and more lawless?
i have seen dozens of police chases out here.....never seen anyone get shot...

The cop was correct.

The cop was wrong.
Clearly the woman was doing the right thing, and was just waiting for the safest way to stop.
It is not up to the cop and the woman had every right in the world to want to exit first.
Nor is a PIT maneuver ever legal.

The point I was making is that helicopters and roadblocks have no effect on the driver of a speeding car. They will speed and drive recklessly without being chased at all. The helicopter is all they need.

The advantage of the helicopter is that then you also get to know their address, so then they can even just be arrested the next day if you want, waiting to surprise them.

The cop was wrong.
Clearly the woman was doing the right thing, and was just waiting for the safest way to stop.
It is not up to the cop and the woman had every right in the world to want to exit first.
Nor is a PIT maneuver ever legal.
Clearly your driver training was deficient. You should also read your state DMV handbook. When ordered to stop by a police officer. You stop, You do not look for a safe place to stop. You do not look for a safe exit. You stop. Of course if is up to the cop. After being ordered to stop, every move that is not stopping is evading.

The advantage of the helicopter is that then you also get to know their address, so then they can even just be arrested the next day if you want, waiting to surprise them.
Ohh so you think that these speeders just drive around and then go home. Ummm no.

Clearly your driver training was deficient. You should also read your state DMV handbook. When ordered to stop by a police officer. You stop, You do not look for a safe place to stop. You do not look for a safe exit. You stop. Of course if is up to the cop. After being ordered to stop, every move that is not stopping is evading.

Wrong.
The article said the woman quoted the state driver manual and it said you decide what is safe, NOT the police.
The police have ZERO authority to demand you do anything you think is unsafe.
The police are not dictators and can NEVER have that authority, ever.
The police do not have custody until and unless you are under arrest.
The initial contact is similar to a parking ticket, and the police have ZERO authority over you.
You as an average individual actually have full authority over them, since they are the ones interfering with your rights.
You clearly have been extremely badly trained and need to read up on what real law says.

Wrong.
The article said the woman quoted the state driver manual and it said you decide what is safe, NOT the police.
The police have ZERO authority to demand you do anything you think is unsafe.
The police are not dictators and can NEVER have that authority, ever.
The police do not have custody until and unless you are under arrest.
The initial contact is similar to a parking ticket, and the police have ZERO authority over you.
You as an average individual actually have full authority over them, since they are the ones interfering with your rights.
You clearly have been extremely badly trained and need to read up on what real law says.
Show me in the Arkansas driver manual. In California, you stop. In New Mexico, you stop.

Show me in the Arkansas driver manual. In California, you stop. In New Mexico, you stop.

Does not matter what the driver's manual suggests.
The law is clear in that you are NOT in custody until you are arrested, and until then, YOU decide what is safe or not safe.
Police have ZERO authority over anyone who has not yet been arrested.
And this does not and can not change by state.
You NEVER just immediately stop in any state.
If you are in the fast lane on the highway, would you stop immediately?
Of course not.
When and how you stop is entirely, totally, and completely up to you.

Because back then if someone robbed your homestead you shot their ass and buried them with the dead animals.

Exactly.
The only possible good police do is reduce the number of lynchings.
They certainly do not ever prevent any crime in progress.

That is my point and why I am very angry.
It is attempted murder, vehicular homicide.
Police NEVER have that authority.
Tire spikes are fine, but NOT the PIT.
Odd. I see it on the nightly news two or three times a week. Or, is this your opinion?

Forum List

Back