Should elected democrats undermine Trump as the GOP undermined Obama?

Always remember that McConnell and company met from Obama's first days as president and concluded that their MOST important role was to ensure that Obama would only be a one-term president and that anything that Obama proposed (even former GOP initiatives) should be met with elected GOPers' opposition.

Should the same be done with the Trump administration? Will we gain have a do-nothing (except constant opposition) congress?
The GOP establishment did everything Obama told them to do, he ordered them around like dogs… Fact
People like McCain were his lap dogs
Really? Why didn't they have hearings on his supreme court justice selection then?

If by undermine, you mean let him whatever they want like republicans did with Obama, then sure whatever. Why have checks and balances?

Obama had 2 years with huge majorities in the House and Senate.

That lie....swallowed by many morons.....has been proven false over and over,,,,

Check out the senate under Obama's first 2 years....and check out Kennedy's status, Byrd's status, and Franken's status.....then get back in touch with us.

That lie....swallowed by many morons.....has been proven false over and over,,,,

He didn't have 58-60 Dem senators during his first term?
He didn't have over 250 Dem congressmen during his first term?

Are you sure, because I'd hate to think you were one of those morons you speak of.........

Obama had 2 years with huge majorities in the House and Senate.

Yeah, still sounds like I was right.

I'll help you here, find me ONE budget where he didn't get what he wanted, focus on the word BUDGET.
We aren't talking abut Bills and Amendments.

I'll help you here, find me ONE budget where he didn't get what he wanted, focus on the word BUDGET.

Talk about whatever you want teddy......but for others.......

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act-
Pumped billions of dollars into state and local Governments to prevent us from sinking into a second Great Depression. Republicans opposed this but now want to take credit for the parts of it that we know are successful.

Talk about whatever you want teddy......but for others.......

Pumped billions of dollars into state and local Governments to prevent us from sinking into a second Great Depression. Republicans opposed this but now want to take credit for the parts of it that we know are successful.

You poor kid, YOU responded to MY post.....and my topic.
You aren't real bright.

You aren't real bright.

I DO appreciate the bump however....and I initiated this thread anyway ...here's a few other GOP obstructions.....

Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.

Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.

Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s role in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.

You aren't real bright.

I DO appreciate the bump however....and I initiated this thread anyway ...here's a few other GOP obstructions.....

Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.

Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.

Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.

YOU responded to MY post, my topic.
You should learn not to engage me, you ended getting your ass kicked every time (metaphorically of course).

Now back to that "budget" thing.....;)
Sorry kid.

It is their prerogative to attempt to block Trump's cabinet picks. They don't seem to have a lot of options but I have no doubt they will go all in and try to take down at least one. Steve Bannon looks to me like the prime target but we'll see.

Always remember that McConnell and company met from Obama's first days as president and concluded that their MOST important role was to ensure that Obama would only be a one-term president and that anything that Obama proposed (even former GOP initiatives) should be met with elected GOPers' opposition.

Should the same be done with the Trump administration? Will we gain have a do-nothing (except constant opposition) congress?
The GOP establishment did everything Obama told them to do, he ordered them around like dogs… Fact
People like McCain were his lap dogs
Really? Why didn't they have hearings on his supreme court justice selection then?

LOL, they were trying to buy us off.

That's pretty interesting since companies don't get tax breaks for moving overseas. They are allowed to write-off moving expenses and it doesn't matter whether you're moving from New York to Austin or from Idaho to China.

We don't know any if it was successful and as history shows, it wasn't.

Yes, pumping money into unions which contribute to the Democrat party. Wow, who would have thought that would save the country? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Last edited:
You aren't real bright.

Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s role in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.

Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas.

There is no tax break to ship jobs overseas.
It does make a nice soundbite for idiot liberals.

It is the responsibility of Democrats in Congress as well as the few Republicans who take their job seriously to make it difficult for Trump to have his way. They must act as a check on the Executive and prevent harm to Americans.

Obama got almost a trillion dollars from Bush for infrastructure

Lol you are retarded.

What you just said is pure fantasy with not even slight connection to reality.

Infrastructure spending was in Obama's stimulus bill which contained about 100 billion specifically to that end.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia

Read this.

"President Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness met today in Durham, NC at Cree Inc., a company that manufactures energy-efficient LED lighting. One of the Council's recommendations to President Obama was to streamline the federal permit process for construction and infrastructure projects. It was explained to Obama that the permitting process can delay projects for "months to years ... and in many cases even cause projects to be abandoned ... I'm sure that when you implemented the Recovery Act your staff briefed you on many of these challenges." At this point, Obama smiled and interjected, "Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected." The Council, led by GE's Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter."

WTF does that have to do with your claim that Obama got a trillion from Bush?

P.S. some delays in project kick-offs, does not mean they didn't happen, only that they didn't happen as fast as originally planned.

Forum List

Back