Zone1 Should Creationism Be Taught in Public Schools?

Sure it does.

It teaches that life can come from non-life, you know, nothing.

No, it does not. The theory of evolution only addresses the diversification of different species and their adaptation to their surroundings.

No, the theory of evolution does not do that at all.

That would be the Theory of Abiogenesis.

a·bi·o·gen·e·sis
[ˌāˌbīōˈjenəsəs]

NOUN
  1. the original evolution of life or living organisms from inorganic or inanimate substances:
    "to construct any convincing theory of abiogenesis, we must take into account the condition of the Earth about 4 billion years ago"
  2. HISTORICAL
    old term for spontaneous generation

:eusa_whistle:

Do they teach Gravity as a theory?
No, none that I have known. :) A lot of people believe the propaganda in the media including Baptist Church folks.
Everyone needs to just get out and meet each other and they will find out the reality is different than the propaganda.

a·bi·o·gen·e·sis
[ˌāˌbīōˈjenəsəs]

NOUN
  1. the original evolution of life or living organisms from inorganic or inanimate substances:
    "to construct any convincing theory of abiogenesis, we must take into account the condition of the Earth about 4 billion years ago"
  2. HISTORICAL
    old term for spontaneous generation

:eusa_whistle:
But that isn't the Theory of Evolution. As the definition makes clear. The word evolution isn't only used in the Theory of Eolution.

But that isn't the Theory of Evolution. As the definition makes clear. The word evolution isn't only used in the Theory of Eolution.

evolution is change, period. And the beginning of evolution is non-life evolving into life.

Just as the definition describes......."the original evolution".

• Sad
Reactions: cnm
Right. A small city can evolve into a large city.

But that isn't the Theory of Evolution.

It's pretty hilarious that you say it is false, when you don't even know what it is.

I know this.

No humans have ever observed billions of years, or any kind of animal changing to another.

And damn sure have never observed life evolving from non-life.

Do the origin of life again, you know the part where life evolves from non-life.......magic......I mean evolution.
Sorry, I don't feed the sealions. Go read up. If you can learn anything about it and attempt an argument against it, look me up.

See you in never.

1702150874260.png

The House speaker is known for his work as a Christian-right operative. This is how he became the "legal go-to guy" to put creationism into public schools.

Speaker Mike Johnson’s (R-La.) elevation to the heights of the U.S. House of Representatives marked one of the most significant achievements of the religious right since its splash onto the political scene in the late 20th century. It had successfully placed a true believer who worked inside its movement into one of the most important political offices in the country.

And with him, he brought the bona fides of a record of advancing one of the movement’s most important goals: putting Christianity back into every facet of public life.

Much, much more at the link below...

HOW MAGA MIKE USHERED IN CREATIONISM IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS

I don't think so - especially in PUBLIC schools! Carbon dating easily disproves Creationism. What do you think?

If they teach creationism they really have to be fair and teach other things equally too.

I'm thinking... teach Harry Potter as if it's real. Teach about the religion of the Fonz as made in the Simpsons, and the like. Anyone for a game of Quidditch?

Forum List

Back