Should Congress Remove Judges who Rule for Gay Marraige?

Rogue judges don't exist.

Rogue far lefties and far righties do exist and must be slapped down.

All judges who write laws should be removed. The constitution says only congress can write laws.

You have no idea what a law is.
He's clueless, even with with the links I gave him, and wants to remain so apparently.
It is unfortunate to have people who do not comprehend simple things like "writing a law" vs. "striking down a law" trying to tell us what our government should or should not do. They need to take a comprehensive course on U.S. government first.

Learn how laws are created in this country. The local fire codes aren't written by Congress dummy, and neither was the Miranda warning.

The constitutional ban on non-congressional laws applies to the feds not states or counties or cities. Cities can write any fire code they want. As for the miranda warning, it was a federal law written by scotus and is thus unconstitutional and states should nullify it. THINK

[

The states have enacted measures that clearly violate the 14th Amendment, where Federal judges have correctly and appropriately followed established and settled equal protection and due process jurisprudence by invalidating those measures repugnant to the Constitution, as their duty and oath to uphold the Constitution require.

Thats what people say about affirmative action. That it clearly violates the equal protection clause of the 14A. Why won't federal judges strike down AA?

Learn how laws are created in this country. The local fire codes aren't written by Congress dummy, and neither was the Miranda warning.

The constitutional ban on non-congressional laws applies to the feds not states or counties or cities. Cities can write any fire code they want. As for the miranda warning, it was a federal law written by scotus and is thus unconstitutional and states should nullify it. THINK
You think for a change and learn how fucking laws are made. I posted the links, read them.

[

The states have enacted measures that clearly violate the 14th Amendment, where Federal judges have correctly and appropriately followed established and settled equal protection and due process jurisprudence by invalidating those measures repugnant to the Constitution, as their duty and oath to uphold the Constitution require.

Thats what people say about affirmative action. That it clearly violates the equal protection clause of the 14A. Why won't federal judges strike down AA?
They do with parts of it all the damn time. For example: NPR Split Ruling on Affirmative Action

Last edited:

Still waiting for you to post a law written by the courts.

Do you agree with Ben Carson?

"When judges do not carry out their duties in an appropriate way, our Congress actually has the right to reprimand or remove them," Carson said. Any law on marriage should be decided by a popular referendum, and any decisions made by courts are "unconstitutional," justifying dismissal of judges, he added.
Later on in the interview, Carson agreed with Deace that ongoing spread of legalized gay marriage would make it “open season on Christians
Ben Carson Congress Should Remove Judges Who Rule For Gay Marriage

So, guys, what do you think about popular referendum? In my opinion it's a good idea because we are proud of American democracy and we can demonstrate our will and consciousness to the whole World. Hm? Is it possible?

Why don't you stick with something that actually has a chance of happening?

There is no chance of a national referendum and even if there was, gay marriage would pass easily. Something like 55% of the population now supports gay marriage.

My state is a very good example. We did get that chance to vote on an initiative giving homosexuals the right to legally marry. It passed with a good margin and I voted in the majority. Gays have been legally getting married here since 2012. There's nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Face it, you've lost the debate on this. Let it go. Why not move on to something you can change?

carson clearly has not thought this through. There was at least one conservative, I think a second one too, on the supreme court that voted to overturn DOMA and 7 out of the 9 voted not to take any of the cases challenging the lower courts' decision that gay marriage bans are unconstitutional. If you impeach those supreme court judges then Obama will appoint new ones. Which will mean that democrats hold the majority on that court for a very, very long time.

You and ben carson need to stop hating long enough to think things through. You need to realize that your ideas will shoot you in the foot.

Last edited:
All judges who write laws should be removed. The constitution says only congress can write laws.
I'll start you off: 5 Types of Law in the US Legal System Notes flashcards Quizlet

The very first words of the constitution after the preamble are "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states." So only congress can write federal laws. Presidents, judges, and bureaucrats cannot, though they do it all the time. THINK

I can see you're very confused.

The court didn't write law. It struck down an unconstitutional law.

The constitution doesn't have even one word in it about exempting homosexuals from our civil rights laws or our constitution.

Which means that according to the constitution, there can never be any laws that takes rights from our citizens. Including homosexuals.

"When judges do not carry out their duties in an appropriate way, our Congress actually has the right to reprimand or remove them," Carson said. Any law on marriage should be decided by a popular referendum, and any decisions made by courts are "unconstitutional," justifying dismissal of judges, he added.
Later on in the interview, Carson agreed with Deace that ongoing spread of legalized gay marriage would make it “open season on Christians

So, guys, what do you think about popular referendum? In my opinion it's a good idea because we are proud of American democracy and we can demonstrate our will and consciousness to the whole World. Hm? Is it possible?

Ben Carson is an idiot.

Did he think it was 'unconstitutional' when the courts found that the bans on mixed race marriages were unconstitutional?

And the Constitution doesn't say that judges can be removed because Congress disagrees with their decisions- which by the way would set a horrible- horrible- precedent. Read the Constitution and learn what Ben Carson doesn't know.

Yes! Activist Judges (with poor judgment) should be removed from positions of power when their single word rules over popular vote and the general will of a nation. The Constitution does not give "special rights" to the mentally ill or to sexual deviants so Federal Judges have no business brushing the Constitution aside in favor of the demands of a "special interest group."

Where does it say in the Constitution that judges can be impeached when they over rule popular vote?

I mean you are talking about 'brushing the Constitution aside'- do you know what grounds the Constitution says a judge can be impeached for?

The trap has closed on Yurt's tongue.

(1) I see once again you line up on the far right. Typical. Stop lying that you are not a reactionary.

(2) Rogue judges, Yurt. Explain directly, bub. Give us examples of rogue justices if you think they exist? Whom? Specific names and their cases? In line with what DS meant. This will be a laugh, as always, on you.

You had been licking your wounds lately since I bashed you around some time ago. So you came back for. I bashed you down last night and this morning.

And I am happy to do it again.

You are simple, period.

Last edited:
The Court isn't "independent." It's answerable to the Constitution and the People (true government) of the USA. Rogue Judges have no business foisting their personal whims upon the whole of the United States and its citizens. Catering to the demands of a small "special interest group" isn't what they're hired to do.
You don't seem to realize the US is a republic, NOT a democracy subject to the whims of mob rule.

Exactly! However, the People have a "representative" government that answers to their collective will in matters of law. As a result, the Constitution has been amended on more than one occasion based on the collective will of the People. But YOU don't seem to realize that individual, activist Judges can't write laws based on the whims of the special interest groups that they belong to and represent. That's completely un-Constitutional.

Yes! Activist Judges (with poor judgment) should be removed from positions of power when their single word rules over popular vote and the general will of a nation. The Constitution does not give "special rights" to the mentally ill or to sexual deviants so Federal Judges have no business brushing the Constitution aside in favor of the demands of a "special interest group."

So you'd have impeached the justices who ruled that interracial marriage bans were unconstitutional? Those were hugely popular nation wide.

I think all such issues should be determined at the State level.

Where does it say in the Constitution that judges can be impeached when they over rule popular vote?

I mean you are talking about 'brushing the Constitution aside'- do you know what grounds the Constitution says a judge can be impeached for?

Individual, activist, Federal Judges "brush the Constitution" aside when they interpret it in accordance with their personal bias. Such issues should be scrutinized by the People and their elected Representatives (at both the State and Federal level). Since there is no explicit decree within the US Constitution that special privileges should be given to socially troubled, mentally ill, or sexually deviant individuals then the area remains grey and should be determined by a sane and sound populace (not the special interest group in question). You've heard the old saying: "The patients are running the asylum?" That's what we're witnessing!

Forum List

Back