Should Congress Remove Judges who Rule for Gay Marraige?

The conservatives have been bitching about the Court for more than 200 years.

Nothing will change.

Hmmm ... interesting! The Court system in the USA was created by Conservative Christians. The first Supreme Court Justice was John Jay:

John Jay (December 12, 1745 – May 17, 1829) was an American statesman, Patriot, diplomat, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States, signer of the Treaty of Paris, and first Chief Justice of the United States (1789–95).
*snip*
As a leader of the new Federalist Party, Jay was the Governor of New York State (1795–1801), where he became the state's leading opponent of slavery. His first two attempts to end slavery in New York in 1777 and 1785 failed, but a third in 1799 succeeded.
*snip*
Jay was a member of the Church of England, and later of the Protestant Episcopal Church in America after the American Revolution. Since 1785, Jay had been a warden of Trinity Church, New York.
John Jay - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Conservatives in the lat 1700s were Tories....:lol:

As long as we agree that the Judicial system (one branch of our triune, governmental system) was the brainchild of Christian conservatives then my point is made and I shall move on.
So what? What's important is that it's independent, NOT who founded it. Just as FDR was slapped down for wanting to pack the court, today's conservatives need to be smacked down for attempting to destroy its independence.

As long as we agree that the Judicial system (one branch of our triune, governmental system) was the brainchild of Christian conservatives then my point is made and I shall move on.
So what? What's important is that it's independent, NOT who founded it. Just as FDR was slapped down for wanting to pack the court, today's conservatives need to be smacked down for attempting to destroy its independence.

So what? My dad's bigger than your dad.

The Court isn't "independent." It's answerable to the Constitution and the People (true government) of the USA. Rogue Judges have no business foisting their personal whims upon the whole of the United States and its citizens. Catering to the demands of a small "special interest group" isn't what they're hired to do.

The Court isn't "independent." It's answerable to the Constitution and the People (true government) of the USA. Rogue Judges have no business foisting their personal whims upon the whole of the United States and its citizens. Catering to the demands of a small "special interest group" isn't what they're hired to do.
You don't seem to realize the US is a republic, NOT a democracy subject to the whims of mob rule.

While protecting the rights of minorities is exactly what the court is supposed to do. As the rights of the majorities generally take care of themselves.

Do you agree with Ben Carson?

"When judges do not carry out their duties in an appropriate way, our Congress actually has the right to reprimand or remove them," Carson said. Any law on marriage should be decided by a popular referendum, and any decisions made by courts are "unconstitutional," justifying dismissal of judges, he added.
Later on in the interview, Carson agreed with Deace that ongoing spread of legalized gay marriage would make it “open season on Christians
Ben Carson Congress Should Remove Judges Who Rule For Gay Marriage

So, guys, what do you think about popular referendum? In my opinion it's a good idea because we are proud of American democracy and we can demonstrate our will and consciousness to the whole World. Hm? Is it possible?

Yes! Activist Judges (with poor judgment) should be removed from positions of power when their single word rules over popular vote and the general will of a nation. The Constitution does not give "special rights" to the mentally ill or to sexual deviants so Federal Judges have no business brushing the Constitution aside in favor of the demands of a "special interest group."

So you'd have impeached the justices who ruled that interracial marriage bans were unconstitutional? Those were hugely popular nation wide.

All judges who write laws should be removed. The constitution says only congress can write laws.

And what do you mean by 'writing law'? If the courts were to rule that say, gay marriage bans violate the 14th amendment guarantee to equal protection in the law......would that be 'writing law'?

If so, why?

Do you agree with Ben Carson?

"When judges do not carry out their duties in an appropriate way, our Congress actually has the right to reprimand or remove them," Carson said. Any law on marriage should be decided by a popular referendum, and any decisions made by courts are "unconstitutional," justifying dismissal of judges, he added.
Later on in the interview, Carson agreed with Deace that ongoing spread of legalized gay marriage would make it “open season on Christians
Ben Carson Congress Should Remove Judges Who Rule For Gay Marriage

So, guys, what do you think about popular referendum? In my opinion it's a good idea because we are proud of American democracy and we can demonstrate our will and consciousness to the whole World. Hm? Is it possible?

Yes, by all means let the Republicans try to remove judges for being on the same side of an issue now supported by most Americans.

All judges who write laws should be removed. The constitution says only congress can write laws.
I'll start you off: 5 Types of Law in the US Legal System Notes flashcards Quizlet

The very first words of the constitution after the preamble are "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states." So only congress can write federal laws. Presidents, judges, and bureaucrats cannot, though they do it all the time. THINK

This perception is as ignorant as it is bizarre.

The states have enacted measures that clearly violate the 14th Amendment, where Federal judges have correctly and appropriately followed established and settled equal protection and due process jurisprudence by invalidating those measures repugnant to the Constitution, as their duty and oath to uphold the Constitution require.

The states have only themselves to blame for their un-Constitutional measures being struck down.

I'll start you off: 5 Types of Law in the US Legal System Notes flashcards Quizlet

The very first words of the constitution after the preamble are "all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states." So only congress can write federal laws. Presidents, judges, and bureaucrats cannot, though they do it all the time. THINK
Learn how laws are created in this country. The local fire codes aren't written by Congress dummy, and neither was the Miranda warning.

Name any law written by a President, judge or bureaucrat. Any will do.

Name any laws "written" by a judge. Any will do.

I could give a million but i'll give you the worst of all - Plyler vs doe 1982. In that case the scotus wrote a law forcing states to provide free k-12 for illegal aliens.
Yeah, because what we really want are a bunch of uneducated kids running around with nothing to do all day, but steal your guns while you are at work. Morons here, total fucking morons.

Name any laws "written" by a judge. Any will do.

I could give a million but i'll give you the worst of all - Plyler vs doe 1982. In that case the scotus wrote a law forcing states to provide free k-12 for illegal aliens.
They did not write a law, they struck down an unConstitutional law. Getting rid of a law is NOT writing a law. Try again.

Forum List

Back