Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Why should they be forced to do that? If their religious opinions say that homosexuality is not right they shouldn't be forced to perform homosexual weddings.
I think forcing them to do that would be a violation of religious freedom :)
No religious organization is required to marry ANYONE they don't want to marry REGARDLESS of the reason. Also, churches may refuse anyone who requests use or services of the church, it's officials and employees or its property.

They can refuse to let blonds enter their building if they want to.

More frequently (obviously) they can test those who want to marry to see if they share the religious conviction espoused by the church and refuse to marry them if they don't pass the test.

The title of this thread is just plain stupid, because it has NEVER been an issue in the USA.

Why should they be forced to do that? If their religious opinions say that homosexuality is not right they shouldn't be forced to perform homosexual weddings.
See ^^ even a kid can see how evident the rights of Christians are. She intuits that homosexuality is a behavior, not a race. As such she knows the difference between saying "no" to perform an interracial man/woman marriage is in no way the same as saying "no" to helping/performing a marriage between people of any race or gender doing weird sex behaviors with each other...

I'll bet if this millennial thought more about how two of the same gender "marrying" deprives children involved legally, of a mother or father for life, she'd double-down on her objections to forcing Christians to participate.

Let's ask.

ESTHERMOON,

#1 Do you think religious organizations that have no problems with same-sex couples should be allowed to perform Religious Marriages for these couples?

#2 DO you think that same-sex couple should be allowed to civilly marry under the law (which has nothing to do with religious marriage as civil marriage a function of law)?

Thank you in advance.

>>>>

No religious organization is required to marry ANYONE they don't want to marry REGARDLESS of the reason. Also, churches may refuse anyone who requests use or services of the church, it's officials and employees or its property.

They can refuse to let blonds enter their building if they want to.

More frequently (obviously) they can test those who want to marry to see if they share the religious conviction espoused by the church and refuse to marry them if they don't pass the test.

The title of this thread is just plain stupid, because it has NEVER been an issue in the USA.

Um...except the 1st Amendment doesn't say "freedom of church". It speaks about individuals. So, a church is merely a gathering of individual Christians; where they congregate. You may have heard the term "congregation"?

A person's faith doesn't end when they leave the congregation and go out in the world. A person's faith doesn't have a time clock or GPS coordinates. This will come out in the final SCOTUS decision on the various challenges making their way up. The state of Oregon will be forced to pay handsome restitution to the Kleins, for example.

well if the left can boycott and have you fired for voting for trump, the rule of law has precedence for religion to stand on their own with their own beliefs.

See ^^ even a kid can see how evident the rights of Christians are. She intuits that homosexuality is a behavior, not a race. As such she knows the difference between saying "no" to perform an interracial man/woman marriage is in no way the same as saying "no" to helping/performing a marriage between people of any race or gender doing weird sex behaviors with each other...

I'll bet if this millennial thought more about how two of the same gender "marrying" deprives children involved legally, of a mother or father for life, she'd double-down on her objections to forcing Christians to participate.

Let's ask.

ESTHERMOON,

#1 Do you think religious organizations that have no problems with same-sex couples should be allowed to perform Religious Marriages for these couples?

#2 DO you think that same-sex couple should be allowed to civilly marry under the law (which has nothing to do with religious marriage as civil marriage a function of law)?

Thank you in advance.

>>>>
why do you feel you get to mandate your beliefs?

Days since a church has been forced to marry any couple aganist their wishes:

200_s.gif

Let's ask.

ESTHERMOON,

Thank you in advance.

>>>>
why do you feel you get to mandate your beliefs?

I have no desire to "mandate" my beliefs.

#1 I don't think non-profit religious entities should be required under the law to religiously marry anyone they don't want to - whether that be based on race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or previous marital status.

#2 I think private for profit business should be allowed to discriminate and refuse service to any customer they want - whether that be based on race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or previous marital status.

#3 I think persons of the same-sex should be allowed to legally marry under civil law, but that no person should be forced to marry someone of the same sex (or opposite sex for that matter) against their will.

#4 I think public accommodation laws should be repealed as they apply to private business entities and only apply to government entities. Such laws would limite the ability of government entities and their agents from discriminating against taxpaying members of the public and would limit their ability to purchase goods and services and enter into contracts from/with private businesses that operate on a discriminatory business model.

So what beliefs and I trying to "mandate"?

>>>>

Days since individual Christians have been forced to accommodate gay weddings.... many many months now..

That's great news. Too bad they, and others, are still forced to accommodate weddings they disagree with.
You think it's "great news" that Christians are forced to accommodate "gay weddings"?

Days since individual Christians have been forced to accommodate gay weddings.... many many months now..

That's great news. Too bad they, and others, are still forced to accommodate weddings they disagree with.
You think it's "great news" that Christians are forced to accommodate "gay weddings"?

No. I don't think any business should be forced to acccomadate any weddings they disagree with.

There is no law that is designed to harm people of faith.

There are laws that prevent business's from discriminating against people of faith, and people of color and people due to their sexual orientation.

When you require a Christian to promote butt sex .

I don't. Nor does the law.

Christians are just supposed to follow the same law as anyone else- and that means that in some states they can't discriminate against people because of their color, their religion or their gender preference.

Christians don't have to accommodate anything.

Business's do have to follow the law.

well if the left can boycott and have you fired for voting for trump, the rule of law has precedence for religion to stand on their own with their own beliefs.

Anyone can boycott anyone for anything.

Christians have been boycotting in order to discriminate against gays for years and years.

No church is forced to perform any marriage that they don't want to.

A Catholic church wont' marry a Jewish couple.

And some churches won't marry mixed race couples.

And some churches will not marry gay couples.

And that is fine- churches have every right to discriminate however they want to.

No church is forced to perform any marriage that they don't want to.....A Catholic church wont' marry a Jewish couple.....And some churches won't marry mixed race couples.....And some churches will not marry gay couples.

And that is fine- churches have every right to discriminate however they want to.
Again, where in the Constitution does it say "freedom of church"? Do you want readers to believe that the folks that voted "hell no" above would be at the same time instead in favor of forcing individual Christians to perform or promote a wedding of two people of the same gender who would deprive children involved legally, via contract, of either a mother or father for life? I think not.

No church is forced to perform any marriage that they don't want to.....A Catholic church wont' marry a Jewish couple.....And some churches won't marry mixed race couples.....And some churches will not marry gay couples.

Again, where in the Constitution does it say "freedom of church"? t.

It doesn't- nor does the Constitution say that business's can ignore the law.

Meanwhile- churches can discriminate however they want- no one is forcing any church to marry anyone they don't want to.

No church is forced to perform any marriage that they don't want to.

A Catholic church wont' marry a Jewish couple.

And some churches won't marry mixed race couples.

And some churches will not marry gay couples.

I didn't know some churches don't want to marry mixed race couples
Where is this happening in America? Maybe in the South? :eusa_think:

I didn't know some churches don't want to marry mixed race couples
Where is this happening in America? Maybe in the South? :eusa_think:

Nowhere I know of. And, race is an inborn trait. Wanting to pretend another guy's anus is an artificial vagina is an acquired behavior. Christians can't be required to abet behaviors strictly forbidden in the Bible's New Testament.

Forum List

Back