Should Christians finally fight back and be more militant and radical?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
There is no peace and compromise with the evil. Jesus said "I didnt come to bring peace but the sword". Matt 10 Also a christian cant tolerate wicked and evil. If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha. 1 Cor Eventhough christians are usually peaceful and hold the other cheek and everything it is also clear that christians fight evil Jesus own words "And if your hand or your foot causes you to offend, cut them off and throw them from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire." Matt 18

"I desire to ask one favor of you all…which is, that you will correct on my behalf the blasphemers of this city.
Should you hear any one in the public thoroughfare, or in the midst of the forum, blaspheming God; go up to him and rebuke him; and should it be necessary to inflict blows, spare not to do so. Smite him on the face; strike his mouth; sanctify your hand with the blow, and if any should accuse you, and drag you to the place of justice, follow them, and when the judge…calls you to account, say boldly that the man blasphemed the King of angels!" - St John Chrysostom

ArchbishopCharlesJChaput.jpg
KingSaintLouisIX.jpg

We're not supposed to return evil with evil. (Romans 12:17) . Vengeance is God's, our job is to just speak the truth, in love.

Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. “But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:19-21

In the US we use to have Separation of Church and State, but now with tramp, he is tight with the Evangelicals and Devos is turning our public ed into the coming of Christ.

This is the same reasoning employed by radical Islamicists. Holy "Christian" ISIS!

It sounds like the OP wants to fight other Christians, as well as other folks. There's nothing like violence to "prove" that one is better than someone else.

There is no peace and compromise with the evil.

A believe it was a historian who once noted that throughout history we can observe periods of time with order but no compassion...followed by by a time of compassion without order.

Currently I see us living in a time of compassion without order. It appears that for mankind we have great difficulty in maintaining a proper balance between the two. I wonder why this is so.

There is no peace and compromise with the evil. Jesus said "I didnt come to bring peace but the sword". Matt 10 Also a christian cant tolerate wicked and evil. If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha. 1 Cor Eventhough christians are usually peaceful and hold the other cheek and everything it is also clear that christians fight evil Jesus own words "And if your hand or your foot causes you to offend, cut them off and throw them from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire." Matt 18

"I desire to ask one favor of you all…which is, that you will correct on my behalf the blasphemers of this city.
Should you hear any one in the public thoroughfare, or in the midst of the forum, blaspheming God; go up to him and rebuke him; and should it be necessary to inflict blows, spare not to do so. Smite him on the face; strike his mouth; sanctify your hand with the blow, and if any should accuse you, and drag you to the place of justice, follow them, and when the judge…calls you to account, say boldly that the man blasphemed the King of angels!" - St John Chrysostom

View attachment 289718 View attachment 289719
When did we stop??

Greg

;-)

There is no peace and compromise with the evil.

A believe it was a historian who once noted that throughout history we can observe periods of time with order but no compassion...followed by by a time of compassion without order.

Currently I see us living in a time of compassion without order. It appears that for mankind we have great difficulty in maintaining a proper balance between the two. I wonder why this is so.

A German soldier of world war 2 told me, when I was a very young boy, what will happen in some decades when everyone forgot the lessons of war and the heroic and nice words they spoke after world war 2. He was right. It happens now what he said. Even convinced Christians ask themselves meanwhile "Build peace with or without weapons?" - but this is not a real question - never was. With weapons never anyone was able to build peace. The only possible way - whether we hate this or not - is to build peace without weapons, is to build peace with peace. (What doesn't mean to be defenseless). Nevertheless it will come a day where all weapons will be forgotten - and when still human beings will exist at this day on our planet, then they will have big problems to understand what we do and why we do it. They will be shocked about us, because they will have in a little finger more might than all mankind has together now. Without being absolute peaceful they could not survive. They will ask themselve how such unbelieveable violent primitive and stupid animalic creatures were able to be their forefathers and foremothers. But they will hopefully not only see this side but more than this - much more than this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back