Should children be arrested for not trying to stop a fight?

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Go here for the news.

To me, if a parent is not going to teach their kids what to do when they find themselves in certain situations, it should then be the parents who are put in the hot seat.

God bless you and the kids always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am guessing that the kids were who ended up getting it because their parents were of course no where to be found?

Go here for the news.

To me, if a parent is not going to teach their kids what to do when they find themselves in certain situations, it should then be the parents who are put in the hot seat.

God bless you and the kids always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am guessing that the kids were who ended up getting it because their parents were of course no where to be found?

We always told ours to leave the scene lest he be blamed somehow.

I told mine that if someone is beating up someone else...use his best judgement on whether to get involved. But if it is a huge guy and a little bitty guy...then kick the big guys ass first, ask questions later.

Our son was a 1st Dan (Poom) black belt in Taekwondo at age nine, and did get into a situation.

We were told he would have to attend a "conflict resolution" class with his attacker in order for him to return to class. His attacker, who he left blubbering on the floor, was a full foot taller than he was.

We basically said "go to Hell", and he finished the year at a private school, and was homeschooled after that, until high school.

^^^ I don't blame you for having such an attitude. To me, people should not have to apologize when the only thing that they are guilty of is standing up for themselves.

God bless you and your boy always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back