Should Black Americans pay reparations to descendants of Yankee Soldiers?

Many Thousands of families lost their fathers and sons fighting to free Black Americans.

Odd that nobody is fighting to pay the descendants of these people reparations.

No, the losing side should do that.
Maybe the people that benefited the from slavery pay reparations.
That would be modern day Black Americans.

Nowhere on Earth are Black People more free or more prosperous than America.
And under Trump employment of Black Americans has reached an all time high.

Why else would Democrats be so desperately pandering?

You don't hear anything about Reparations when Democrats controlled the WH and Congress... Did you?

Many Thousands of families lost their fathers and sons fighting to free Black Americans.

You don't hear anything about Reparations when Democrats controlled the WH and Congress... Did you?

Reparations for slavery gets long overdue hearing 30 years after John Conyers took up the cause

Three decades ago, former U.S. Rep. John Conyers introduced a bill that sought to establish a reparations commission. It went nowhere

But Conyers, a Michigan Democrat, re-introduced that bill every year until he retired in 2017.

Reparations for slavery gets long overdue hearing 30 years after John Conyers took up the cause

We are owed money. And we will fight until your white asses pay your bill.

From some of the black guys who ask for reparations, I get the impression,

“I’m working as hard as my grandfather, but I’m not being paid as well as my grandfather.”

And their grandfathers were not paid or treated very well at that. Just saying.

Slavery was not an absolute or formal "thing" or institution. It "existed," that is to say, it "came into being."

Modern corporate executives who once had personnel or staff or employees at will now have "human resources."

That is the terminology of humans who purport to own other humans as property.

30 years of fighting and not a single bill passed by Democrats.

30 years of fighting and neither Obama or Hillary had a reparations plan.

30 years of fighting and how many of the 25 Democrat POTUS candidates have a Reparations plan? How many?

How is 30 years of eating Cheetos on the Democrat Plantation Porch and calling it "fighting" working out for you?

"Black Privilege" isn't what you were promised when you sold your soul, is it?

What would the plight of the black man be if the north never took up arms to preserve the union and let the Confederate states of America exist?
Or what if South Carolina never succeeded which caused Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee to follow suit? They could have just rode out Lincoln's presidency and more than likely it would have been business as usual for god knows how long.

Three decades ago, former U.S. Rep. John Conyers introduced a bill that sought to establish a reparations commission. It went nowhere

But Conyers, a Michigan Democrat, re-introduced that bill every year until he retired in 2017.

:lmao:

From some of the black guys who ask for reparations, I get the impression,

“I’m working as hard as my grandfather, but I’m not being paid as well as my grandfather.”

And their grandfathers were not paid or treated very well at that. Just saying.

Slavery was not an absolute or formal "thing" or institution. It "existed," that is to say, it "came into being."

Modern corporate executives who once had personnel or staff or employees at will now have "human resources."

That is the terminology of humans who purport to own other humans as property.
Who told you slavery was not an institution? Do you understand what an "institution" is? There were laws on the books that defined what a slave was. This was enforced. That makes it an institution.

Slavery and the Law in Virginia

"1662 - Blacks face the possibility of life servitude. The General Assembly of Virginia decides that any child born to an enslaved woman will also be a slave."

The difference between slavery and human resources is that you are under zero obligation to work for anyone but yourself. Its an insult to intelligent people everywhere to try and conflate the two.

30 years of fighting and not a single bill passed by Democrats.

30 years of fighting and neither Obama or Hillary had a reparations plan.

30 years of fighting and how many of the 25 Democrat POTUS candidates have a Reparations plan? How many?

How is 30 years of eating Cheetos on the Democrat Plantation Porch and calling it "fighting" working out for you?

"Black Privilege" isn't what you were promised when you sold your soul, is it?

There is no black privilege and the government is responsible. REPUBLICANS and democrats.

A democrat signed the voting rights and civil rights act. Not a republican. Freeing us from slavery did not stop republicans from ending reconstruction, voting for separate but equal and maintaining apartheid here in America. So keep repeating your disingenuous lie, but know that blacks know what republicans have done and what you stand for now.

We heard what one of the top republicans had to say on this issue. Gaslighting doesn't work on me MAGAtt.

What would the plight of the black man be if the north never took up arms to preserve the union and let the Confederate states of America exist?
Or what if South Carolina never succeeded which caused Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee to follow suit? They could have just rode out Lincoln's presidency and more than likely it would have been business as usual for god knows how long.

You are unwise to quote Thomas in a discussion with a black person.

There is no black privilege and the government is responsible. REPUBLICANS and democrats.

A democrat signed the voting rights and civil rights act. Not a republican. Freeing us from slavery did not stop republicans from ending reconstruction, voting for separate but equal and maintaining apartheid here in America. So keep repeating your disingenuous lie, but know that blacks know what republicans have done and what you stand for now.

We heard what one of the top republicans had to say on this issue. Gaslighting doesn't work on me MAGAtt.
Don't get upset. You have a Constitutional right to stay in voluntary servitude with your Democrat Masters.

You even have the right to believe you are entitled to reap the benefits of other people's hard work because you feel less than equal to them.

If you knew how good it feels to stand tall, looking only for opportunity, and never for a handout, you'd never go back to kneeling with your palm up.

Don't get upset. You have a Constitutional right to stay in voluntary servitude with your Democrat Masters.

You even have the right to believe you are entitled to reap the benefits of other people's hard work because you feel less than equal to them.

If you knew how good it feels to stand tall, looking only for opportunity, and never for a handout, you'd never go back to kneeling with your palm up.

Whites don't know anything about what you said in your last line. White are the beneficiary of other hard peoples work and made laws to deny equal rights because they felt less than equal to non whites.

Nice try.

You are unwise to quote Thomas in a discussion with a black person.
Why?

Because his views represent maybe 2 percent of all blacks in America.
You expose your ignorance and reliance on being spoon fed your thoughts by by a White Liberal hierarchy.

Maybe 98% of Black Americans you know are a bunch of worthless welfare check sucking breeders, but there's a whole country out there where Black Americans work hard for a living. Have pride in themselves. Don't accept welfare, except as a temporary relief or an affliction or emergency. Don't want to be told they need Affirmative Action to be equal to whites.

I know there's a bunch of Black Americans that do agree with you. That's why Black Unemployment, while at the lowest point in recorded history, is still 2-4 times higher than other minorities. Koreans, Italians, Hispanic, Chinese, Japanese, Irish, Polish, Cuban, and other immigrants were also been spat and shit upon for decades. There was a term in New England in the 30's - "We don't need N*****rs, we have the Irish (later Italians)."

Why do you think these other minorities overcame the stigma against them for the most part? Dumb Luck? No... Hard Work..

Your signature says it all... You compare being Black to being Handicapped. Just like the Democrats running the KKK, Affirmative Action, Segregation, Abortion Clinics, and Jim Crow always wanted you to feel.

While you sit on your lazy ass waiting for a check, there's another minority looking for a job.

And that money would come from the money tree out back? Dumbass.
Now youre making excuses about where the money would come from. Thats like telling the company that finances your car that you cant pay your car note. No one gives a shit. If you create a debt you pay for it. You dont deny it because you feel you cant afford it.
We didnt create the debt
Actually you did. No one made you go Africa and purchase people to enslave and no one forced you to breed them like animals later on.
No, I didn’t. I went nowhere, I purchased nobody.
Your government allowed members of your race to do so and never corrected the error. Try a new tactic because that one isnt working at all.
Totally ridiculous! My government is your government. I am not responsible for others just because we share the same skin color, LOL

Now youre making excuses about where the money would come from. Thats like telling the company that finances your car that you cant pay your car note. No one gives a shit. If you create a debt you pay for it. You dont deny it because you feel you cant afford it.
We didnt create the debt
Actually you did. No one made you go Africa and purchase people to enslave and no one forced you to breed them like animals later on.
No, I didn’t. I went nowhere, I purchased nobody.
Your government allowed members of your race to do so and never corrected the error. Try a new tactic because that one isnt working at all.
Totally ridiculous! My government is your government. I am not responsible for others just because we share the same skin color, LOL
Your government is responsible. Keep up.

Well there's a difference between paying and not paying, so yes you would be paying interest on the debt owed. Just as if they paid for a slave, or a car, or a puppy, or whatever....the debt has been paid in full.
No dummy. A human isnt a puppy or a car for one thing. You dont pay wages to cars or puppies. You do to humans. Now if your claim is that Black people arent human then youre wrong as well. Black people were the first humans.

Rules were quite different back then. You fricken clowns feel you ought to get money for something you had nothing to do with and we had nothing to do with. Go stand on a damn corner if you're looking for freebies.
So what rules were different. Has no bearing on the point. The point is whites didnt pay their debts. When they had the chance to pay their debts they kicked the can down the road in most cases and stole back land in other cases. I'm not asking you what you think about it. I'm telling you what I know about it. Your opinion has no impact on what I know.
People today do not owe that debt
Disagree. The government is still the US government. Nothing has changed. Its not an new country.
It is a different government

No dummy. A human isnt a puppy or a car for one thing. You dont pay wages to cars or puppies. You do to humans. Now if your claim is that Black people arent human then youre wrong as well. Black people were the first humans.

Rules were quite different back then. You fricken clowns feel you ought to get money for something you had nothing to do with and we had nothing to do with. Go stand on a damn corner if you're looking for freebies.
So what rules were different. Has no bearing on the point. The point is whites didnt pay their debts. When they had the chance to pay their debts they kicked the can down the road in most cases and stole back land in other cases. I'm not asking you what you think about it. I'm telling you what I know about it. Your opinion has no impact on what I know.
Disagree. The government is still the US government. Nothing has changed. Its not an new country.
No it isnt. When did they change governments?

No it isnt. When did they change governments?
The government is made up of people. Different people, different government.

Forum List

Back