Should Black Americans pay reparations to descendants of Yankee Soldiers?

Ok...............I'm sold on this..............

YES............YES..............YES.............

All those blacks who were Slaves during the Civil War should IMMEDIATELY STEP FORWARD FOR PAYMENT.

17796207-1658741024432527-2400971491949396289-n-995238-1280x0.jpg

No, the losing side should do that.
I agree...

So when will the Democrats pay up???

The confederacy lost.

So, I guess we start with every state that put monuments up to the losing side.
How about we start with the political party that supported slavery, succeeded and started a Civil War when they lost the election in 1860, founded the KKK to harass and lynch the freed slaves if they didn't "toe the line", and then instituted Jim Crow laws to keep the blacks down for another 100 years???

When are the Democrats going to pay the blacks reparations (out of their party's coffers) for their actions???

If they are too broke to pay that tab, maybe they can sell another nomination (like they did for Hillary) and settle up!!!
The dems arent the ones crying over confederate losers and their statues. Its the repubs trying to maintain that hillbilly shit.
So now you bring up the fact that you're a special snowflake that has an unnatural fear of statues ...

Did you know that, in Memphis, TN, the black Democrats even took down a statue (and desecrated the grave) of General Nathan B Forrest (the slave trader, Confederate general, Grand Wizard of the KKK, and KEYNOTE SPEAKER AT THE 1868 DEMOCRAT CONVENTION)???
Good stuff. Personally I give a fuck about a statue unless I have to pay taxes for its upkeep.

Many Thousands of families lost their fathers and sons fighting to free Black Americans.

Odd that nobody is fighting to pay the descendants of these people reparations.

You forget that this Civil War was white folks versus white folks. Black Americans, already held captive and holding absolutely no political power, were not a party to any of this and were merely caught in the middle. They worked for free as slaves and were not compensated in an way for their labors. They were not a part of any of this fight.

This situation is similar to two guys who decide that they each want the same woman. No one asks her what she wants. Then each turns around and blames her when they really need to blame each other because she had no role in their fight with each other except for being a non-human prize.

Black persons are not the people to go to for reparations. I'm thinking more the plantation owners, especially if their properties were not sold off and distributed among their enslaved populations in 1865, when they should have been. Some of these plantation owners still were allowed to pass down their property owner to their descendants rather than the inheritance be devised among all who actually worked for it. This is a problem to this day because it was not decided in 1865.

Last edited:
Many Thousands of families lost their fathers and sons fighting to free Black Americans.

You forget that this Civil War was white folks versus white folks. Black Americans, already held captive and holding absolutely no political power, were not a party to any of this and were merely caught in the middle. They worked for free as slaves and were not compensated in an way for their labors. They were not a part of any of this fight.

This situation is similar to two guys who decide that they each want the same woman. No one asks her what she wants. Then each turns around and blames her when they really need to blame each other because she had no role in their fight with each other except for being a non-human prize.

Black persons are not the people to go to for reparations. I'm thinking more the plantation owners, especially if their properties were not sold off and distributed among their enslaved populations in 1865, when they should have been. Some of these plantation owners still were allowed to pass down their property owner to their descendants rather than the inheritance be devised among all who actually worked for it. This is a problem to this day because it was not decided in 1865.
I didn't forget.

The point wasn't white vs black.

The point was who owes who.

I didn't forget.

But the black folks are out of it as to the who owes part of it, as they received nothing from their labors to be passed down to their descendants. This is a conundrum; a quagmire. Shit. My earliest ancestors in the U.S. didn't arrive until at least the mid 1800s, and certainly didn't own any enslaved persons. But the fact remains that those slaveowners who benefited financially from working the enslaved never were forced to give up their profits and those who worked without payment, often in dire circumstances, never did get their due. I don't know what to think. I don't know how many of the descendants of slave owners received inheritances that should have been passed down among the formally enslaved. How does one trace this and give back to the rightful heirs?

However, as I tried to describe in my post above, let the two warring factions sort it out, WITHOUT placing innocent folk in the middle. Recognize that there are THIRD PARTIES involved who were unwillingly placed in the middle. TRIANGULATE. Both of the warring factions need to realize that the people placed in the middle of your stupid arguments want nothing more than to to slam your stupid heads together.

I didn't forget.

But the black folks are out of it as to the who owes part of it, as they received nothing from their labors to be passed down to their descendants. This is a conundrum; a quagmire. Shit. My earliest ancestors in the U.S. didn't arrive until at least the mid 1800s, and certainly didn't own any enslaved persons. But the fact remains that those slaveowners who benefited financially from working the enslaved never were forced to give up their profits and those who worked without payment, often in dire circumstances, never did get their due. I don't know what to think. I don't know how many of the descendants of slave owners received inheritances that should have been passed down among the formally enslaved. How does one trace this and give back to the rightful heirs?

However, as I tried to describe in my post above, let the two warring factions sort it out, WITHOUT placing innocent folk in the middle. Recognize that there are THIRD PARTIES involved who were unwillingly placed in the middle. TRIANGULATE. Both of the warring factions need to realize that the people placed in the middle of your stupid arguments want nothing more than to to slam your stupid heads together.

The government made slavery and apartheid legal.

So many generations have passed. Who knows what might have been had this all been broken up in 1865 and the previously enslaved each given a legal share of what they worked for in the breakup of these plantations, to be passed down by inheritance to their descendants. I do know that those who were enslaved received really nothing for their labor and sacrifice, which should have been a legacy that would have been a foundation for the future of their families going forward.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
So many generations have passed. Who knows what might have been had this all been broken up in 1865 and the previously enslaved each given a legal share of what they worked for in the breakup of these plantations, to be passed down by inheritance to their descendants. I do know that those who were enslaved received really nothing for their labor and sacrifice, which should have been a legacy that would have been a foundation for the future of their families going forward.

Yep. These cretins don't want to understand this.

A little history. My mother's parents only arrived from eastern Europe some where around 1914. BUT, my father's ancestors arrived some where in the 1840s, in NYC, from Ireland. They married and had children in the 1850s-1860s, in NYC. I don't really know what happened to them in Ireland, but they fled to the U.S., only to be met with hostility and derision. By 1870 (by review of the 1870 census), my ancestor Tommy had his family out across the Hudson to Jersey City. I found his grave in a driving rain storm. I asked him to tell me, but he has never answered. I think that his fists had something to do with this.
This is a slice of history. I watched the movie Gangs of New York, just to get a feel for what my ancestors might have gone through. Everyone fights for their place in the sun.

We all have different histories, but I think that all of us must unite together against those who seek to obliterate history. [End of rant]

A little history. My mother's parents only arrived from eastern Europe some where around 1914. BUT, my father's ancestors arrived some where in the 1840s, in NYC, from Ireland. They married and had children in the 1850s-1860s, in NYC. I don't really know what happened to them in Ireland, but they fled to the U.S., only to be met with hostility and derision. By 1870 (by review of the 1870 census), my ancestor Tommy had his family out across the Hudson to Jersey City. I found his grave in a driving rain storm. I asked him to tell me, but he has never answered. I think that his fists had something to do with this.
This is a slice of history. I watched the movie Gangs of New York, just to get a feel for what my ancestors might have gone through. Everyone fights for their place in the sun.

We all have different histories, but I think that all of us must unite together against those who seek to obliterate history. [End of rant]

History can be nasty, yet we must learn our complete history and take lessons from it no matter how difficult.

History can be nasty, yet we must learn our complete history and take lessons from it no matter how difficult.

The thing is to know history, acknowledge reality past and present and those humans who play a part, and set a course that includes all of us humans into the future.

Just a song to indicate how I have always felt:

I just weep sometimes for humanity.

Even our creator wept at the condition humanity had put itself in during his stay here.

That's a pretty song.

This is how I feel about the world. If it were only possible.

Slavery is what happens whenever Leftists get enough power.

Democrats like you are the ones responsible and, as usual, want someone else to foot your while you set on the porch eating Cheetos.

Even our creator wept at the condition humanity had put itself in during his stay here.

That's a pretty song.

This is how I feel about the world. If it were only possible.

Thank you. It IS possible, but so many humans don't see it, and fight amongst themselves instead. This is a lovely song. It is a song about wishes. (Poor Eric, by the way, drug-addicted, never knowing his father, unlucky in love after stealing George Harrison's wife and then having his 4-year-old son fall from a skyscraper apartment the day after he took him to the circus).

It is funny how music unites us so much more than religion does. It embodies our wishes, our dreams for the world. We express our souls so much more with music:

Please enjoy:

and, because the Australians express it so wonderfully:

I am, you are, we are American.

Last edited:
Slavery is what happens whenever Leftists get enough power.

Democrats like you are the ones responsible and, as usual, want someone else to foot your while you set on the porch eating Cheetos.

Slavery was legal 188 years before there was a democratic party. Go to the travel agency and book the next trip to hell.

Slavery was legal 188 years before there was a democratic party. Go to the travel agency and book the next trip to hell.
I didn't say Democrats invented Slavery. They just built a party around it.

And today the republican party supports upholding the confederacy.

Correct. And the Civil War was fought first and foremost to preserve the Union, and halt the spread of a slave labor workforce, which would have ultimately affected the living wage of white laborers.

It was not a war over a humanitarian cause. It was business.

Forum List

Back