Should Bill Nye be exposed as the fraud he is?

No they are not. People with degrees are not scientist either.

You clearly know nothing of mechanical engineering.

I find your way of thinking dangerous to science and critical thought. I don't know much about engineering but I figure that a scientist usually does research and experiments to either back up an hypothesis or disprove something. I'm constantly being told by the left that this is real science and scream what they just learned from some guy named Bill Nye the science guy at someone and don't stop until they fully agree with them. How are you suppose to set up something where you can prove your disagreement with someone if you can't even do the experiment that would do so? Many universities don't fund anti-global warming studies at all so if one scientist (or mechanichal engineer as you put it) can't do his experiment then how do we know if global warming is real if no one can get the opportunity to counter act its reasoning. This could explain why there are so few scientist who don't agree with man made global warming. They either can't get the funding for it or are to afraid to speak out against it for fear of being treated as a cast out by their peers.

Whether you agree with his position on global warming or not doesn't take away from the fact that the man is still a scientist.

Sure. He played one on TV. Speaking of scientist. How about this guy.

He also played one for NASA and Boeing. lol

Are you talking about the professor or marry Ann. Bill Nye the science guy is sounding so much more credible right now.

I like this, lets question science. Science is all about questions and facts. religion is all about dogma. Science gave us the freeking computers and the internet, what has religion gave us lately? I am left scratching my head here.

Let actually question scientist. I like the idea of questioning things because it makes me a critical thinker and I think questioning things is good so we should encourage people to question a lot of things. That would include religion. I think religion can get pretty insane sometimes especially when no one can question the motives of the parishioners. It is good to question religion because...mmm...maybe making women wear painful and degrading burkas in the hot sun all day is just plain unfair.

I believe it was Aristotle who said question everything. I think he actually would include scientist in that.
Actually, science, empirical proof, no problem questioning science, that's what it's all about. Proof of a hypothesis is a good thing. That is what this is all about. Is Allah any more real than the Easter Bunny? Goodnight, folks.

What is empirical? I know you used the word in a sentence. Very good. Do you know what it means.

Forum List

Back