CDZ Should America Think about itself first?

Slashsnake

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2016
I'm sure everyone has noticed how America acts compared to countries like Canada.

In America, we're always focused on sticking our noses in other government's business. We're always focused on wildlife in other countries, providing aid to them, destroying their controlling government(s), protecting them from invasions from their enemies, etc.

Should America just focus on itself and mind its own business? What I mean by that is stay out of wars, spend money here instead of other places, and worry about the quality of life here rather than what each individual country around the rest of the world is doing.

We have been past the point of no return in 1939...

It's in the worlds interest we are the biggest, baddest bullies and policeman on the block.

I'm against trophy hunting. Killing enemy, I'm for it. Muslims won't stop crap, I have ideas......that's all.

Welcome.

I'm sure everyone has noticed how America acts compared to countries like Canada.

In America, we're always focused on sticking our noses in other government's business. We're always focused on wildlife in other countries, providing aid to them, destroying their controlling government(s), protecting them from invasions from their enemies, etc.

Should America just focus on itself and mind its own business? What I mean by that is stay out of wars, spend money here instead of other places, and worry about the quality of life here rather than what each individual country around the rest of the world is doing.

We stick our noses into other government's business purely for our own interest.

If you've ever had enough money to use a commercial airline then you've heard the safety talk about the oxygen masks.

They make it very clear that, in the event of loss of cabin pressure, you should PUT YOUR OWN MASK ON FIRST before trying to help others, including children.

That's because if you're already passed out from lack of oxygen you can't help anyone.

Please don't tell me there is nobody on this board who can't extrapolate from that why America MUST take care of America first.

Last edited:
If you've ever had enough money to use a commercial airline then you've heard the safety tak about the oxygen masks.

They make it very clear that, in the event of loss of cabin pressure, you should PUT YOUR OWN MASK ON FIRST before trying to help others, including children.

That's because if you're already passed out from lack of oxygen you can't help anyone.

Please don't tell me there is nobody on this board who can't extrapolate from taht why America MUST take of America first.

That's actually a good analogy. I believe every *reasonable* country takes care of their own people first, and then others second.

Actually it should think about me first and everybody else second, but generally speaking, yes.

Actually it should think about me first and everybody else second, but generally speaking, yes.
Agree.

The US must consider its interests FIRST above other nations interests (as they should be doing). Outside forces, be it be someone that is looking out for your interests or another nation looking out for a foreign nations interests, tend to do a shit job of even understanding what those interests are.<- Iraq anyone?

It is worth noting that international politics IS part of our nations interests.

A slight disagreement; we do think of ourselves first. It's all about protecting the American economy.

You don't really think we invaded Kuwait just because Saddam was an asshole do you? We did it to protect 56% of the world's oil supply. Even though the US doesn't need much ME oil, our trading partners certainly do depend upon it. Look at what happens to the US economy every time the Euro or Japanese market takes a dump.

Want to get out of the "global economy" and go back to horse, cattle and buggy whip factories? We can do that, but our economy wouldn't be able to support what we have now. It would be a major disaster akin to the Great Depression.

We stick our noses into other government's business purely for our own interest.

Of course, we are determined to get rid of the dictators and tyrants of the world.. We learned our lesson in WWII

Its a slow process and liberals try to hold us back.

But we will are winning the battle.

A slight disagreement; we do think of ourselves first. It's all about protecting the American economy.

You don't really think we invaded Kuwait just because Saddam was an asshole do you? We did it to protect 56% of the world's oil supply. Even though the US doesn't need much ME oil, our trading partners certainly do depend upon it. Look at what happens to the US economy every time the Euro or Japanese market takes a dump.

Want to get out of the "global economy" and go back to horse, cattle and buggy whip factories? We can do that, but our economy wouldn't be able to support what we have now. It would be a major disaster akin to the Great Depression.

The problem is if we were really thinking about ourselves first, we'd have more electric cars on the road today, and we would be more advanced compared to other countries for a change We wouldn't have to worry about receiving oil from different countries. I believe America has a great opportunity to come out ahead for a new change. America has been behind in many different areas for a number of years. The infrastructure should be built and we could set the example that we don't need to deal with middle east anymore, and we care about the quality of air over our land. Instead of worrying about how other nations will screw us over, we should be worrying about being more advanced and independent from other nations... I think that would make America somewhat more respectable again.

The less of the world that sucks to live in, the better it is for us in the U.S.

SO, we give away a bit of our money to rebuild Europe, a bit to rebuild Japan. We messed up the China situation but are doing similar now turning them capitalist-ish.

The fewer places we allow Communism to look better than Capitalism the better.

The problem is if we were really thinking about ourselves first, we'd have more electric cars on the road today, and we would be more advanced compared to other countries for a change We wouldn't have to worry about receiving oil from different countries. I believe America has a great opportunity to come out ahead for a new change. America has been behind in many different areas for a number of years. The infrastructure should be built and we could set the example that we don't need to deal with middle east anymore, and we care about the quality of air over our land. Instead of worrying about how other nations will screw us over, we should be worrying about being more advanced and independent from other nations... I think that would make America somewhat more respectable again.
Switching over to an entirely new economy takes time.

How many businesses would be destroyed and jobs lost if we suddenly switched from a petro-economy to a purely solar-electric one? Besides the obvious technological problems, all those people losing their livelihood would be fighting it. Such changes take decades, but if it helps, yes, we're going that way.

Switching over to an entirely new economy takes time.

How many businesses would be destroyed and jobs lost if we suddenly switched from a petro-economy to a purely solar-electric one? Besides the obvious technological problems, all those people losing their livelihood would be fighting it. Such changes take decades, but if it helps, yes, we're going that way.

While I do care about the jobs, I don't care about businesses like Exxon Mobile that made record profits while the rest of the country was in a slumped economic downturn, not to mention BP flooding the Gulf Of Mexico with an oil problem shortly after that . We can't let a small percentage of American's jobs get in the way of progress though... Those people will find other work.

Doing what you've described is not as simple as your OP proposes achieving it. When a nation focuses on itself, there are necessarily instances whereby doing that calls for interacting with other nations too. I wish implementing the principle you've identified were as simple to do as you've suggested. It just isn't.

While I do care about the jobs, I don't care about businesses like Exxon Mobile that made record profits while the rest of the country was in a slumped economic downturn, not to mention BP flooding the Gulf Of Mexico with an oil problem shortly after that . We can't let a small percentage of American's jobs get in the way of progress though... Those people will find other work.
The multi-billion dollar conglomerates provide not just jobs for employees, but tangential businesses and jobs. Example, Exxon doesn't make it's own boats, gas pumps, drills nor all the automobiles it's employees use to get to work. Those are made by other companies providing other jobs and money for our economy.

If your concern is the record profits, perhaps you should look at taxation laws.

Yes.

Forum List

Back