Should America Be The World's Policeman?

well stated

but there's problems with some of the points

progs want us involved in the world, it was their idea to force us out of neutrality.

cons don't want to see children getting slaughtered anywhere, but don't want to send out kids to die over there.

Throw in the fact that progs want to lose every fight, I'm against sending our people to fight a war I know we will lose.

well stated

but there's problems with some of the points

progs want us involved in the world, it was their idea to force us out of neutrality.

cons don't want to see children getting slaughtered anywhere, but don't want to send out kids to die over there.

Throw in the fact that progs want to lose every fight, I'm against sending our people to fight a war I know we will lose.

"cons don't want to see children getting slaughtered anywhere, but don't want to send out kids to die over there."

Actually, the numbers don't seem to support your supposition. The majority of servicemen/women come from conservative states.

38 people gunned down in Tunisia, 12 people gunned down at Charlie Hebdo, 28 people killed in Kuwait, mass beheadings in Iraq and Syria. .
Those numbers pale into insignificance against the death toll of 'Shock and Awe'. You really have no self awareness at all, do you?

The propensity for people to immediately go to the extreme.

I think we have to do something about 3-4 of the worst things taking place in the world. If we don't these cancers will grow and become more virulent and harder to eradicate. The world looks to us for leadership.

I was against the invasion of Iraq, our invasion of Afgahnistan was warrented. Shock and Awe is the delusion of war criminals Rumsfeld, Bush Jr., and Cheney who should be tried for war crimes.

Air strikes against Isis, the Taliban, and Al Qaeda absolutely warranted. Isis is en entirely different threat than all the rest. They are committing genocide and posting the atrocities online like a gang cult that is out of their minds that don't even recognize that other humans have a right to exist. They reject ALL of current humanity. And they are very successful in recruiting other mentally ill people to carry out, ON THEIR OWN, slaughters in every country in the west. Its a mute point, either we are going to take care of this problem now or it will get a lot worse and thousands more will die, including in the U.S., and then we'll have to take care of it then. Boko Haram is a wing of Isis now.

We spend 650 billion dollars a year on defense.

What for?

38 people gunned down in Tunisia, 12 people gunned down at Charlie Hebdo, 28 people killed in Kuwait, mass beheadings in Iraq and Syria. .
Those numbers pale into insignificance against the death toll of 'Shock and Awe'. You really have no self awareness at all, do you?

I think we have to do something about 3-4 of the worst things taking place in the world. If we don't these cancers will grow and become more virulent and harder to eradicate. The world looks to us for leadership.

I was against the invasion of Iraq, our invasion of Afgahnistan was warrented. Shock and Awe is the delusion of war criminals Rumsfeld, Bush Jr., and Cheney who should be tried for war crimes.

Air strikes against Isis, the Taliban, and Al Qaeda absolutely warranted. Isis is en entirely different threat than all the rest. They are committing genocide and posting the atrocities online like a gang cult that is out of their minds that don't even recognize that other humans have a right to exist. They reject ALL of current humanity. And they are very successful in recruiting other mentally ill people to carry out, ON THEIR OWN, slaughters in every country in the west. Its a mute point, either we are going to take care of this problem now or it will get a lot worse and thousands more will die, including in the U.S., and then we'll have to take care of it then. Boko Haram is a wing of Isis now.

What for?

I am continually stunned by just how disconnected from reality the left seems to be ... this post is a prime example. You should be embarrassed.

What for?

I am continually stunned by just how disconnected from reality the left seems to be ... this post is a prime example. You should be embarrassed.

Living in unreality has become the flag of conservatism in America. You people hear Faux News say 'time to shit' and you soil yourself where you stand.

What for?

Living in unreality has become the flag of conservatism in America. You people hear Faux News say 'time to shit' and you soil yourself where you stand.

Please!

When lacking a coherent response to a point of order, you, and your cohorts, resort to childish attacks that contribute nothing. It doesn't get much more adolescent than this response. You act as if immature name-calling and churlish filth somehow makes your point. Frankly, it's an insult ... which seems to be your weapon of choice.

Maybe, you would like to take on the comment directly.

Nahh, I didn't think so ....

For those who do not want America to involve itself, how do you justify to yourself all the people who die because you failed to recognize your responsibility as a member of mankind?

Don't need to justify anything...don't really give a shit, not my problem.

I figured as much ... you are to be congratulated for your humanity ... or lack of.

Are you kidding. We can't even keep terrorists from burning black churches or shooting their parishioners. Until we wipe this scum permanently off the face of this country, we have no moral authority to tell other countries how to govern themselves.

The US cannot neglect it's own people or its infrastructure to defend US corporate interests around the world.

Military spending is bankrupting your economy because right wingers want massive military spending but are unwilling to pay taxes to a sufficient level to fund it.

Forum List

Back