Shooting in VA park, Steve scalise shot

They just released it: James Hodgkinson, 66 years old, of Belleville, IL.

Probably listened to Dimocrats, and was afraid he was going to lose his Medicare.

Do you know the shooter? I'm just wondering how you can credibly speculate on what the man's motivations were.

He was a leftwing Bernie supporter, this is the fault of the violent rhetoric coming from the left, they've been rioting and attacking republicans across the nation because they are fascist pigs who hate democratic elections, this guy just went to the inevitable next step.
And all that has what to do with the plausibility of the man traveling to the D.C. area and shooting people because he was ticked off over potentially losing his Medicare benefit?

Because the left has called for exactly that?

Prof: House GOP ‘should be lined up and shot’ That's a tenured professor bud.

The point of my initial question to you was to understand if you have a credible basis for asserting that Hodgkinson "was afraid he was going to lose his Medicare." All you really had to do was say "no" and that would have been the end of our interaction. Instead, you started "pulling shi*t outta your ass"..."sh*t" that has absolutely nothing to do with the very specific cause you posited publicly.

Just because can come up with some silly notion doesn't mean there's any sound basis for having that notion. People with a modicum of sound reasoning skills at the very least know when their ideas are irrational and they're willing to "own" as much because they don't have to prove anything. They can say things like, "I just think 'such and such' because I do -- it's just a gut feeling I have -- not because it's a well considered idea that is sound." Why might they say something like that? Because they are mature and self-confident enough to know (1) their "rep" isn't dependent on what they do/say about "that" idea and (2) the idea is something that irrationally "came out of left field; thus isn't sage enough to merit their risking embarrassing themselves by trying to defend it. Kenny Rogers referred to it as "knowin' when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em."

He is a professor teaching in the Media Arts and Animation department. I would no sooner give any credence to what that man thinks about health care/insurance, political science and/or strategy, or the business and economics of health care/insurance than anyone should give me with my MBA and economics background credence on matters of animation and media arts. I'm sure I can find a tenured professor of economics or business who has an opinion about something having to do animation and media arts, but the mere fact that they are a tenured professor that doesn't make their opinion in that regard be worth hearing or heeding. If they are opining about business or economics, well, then there's reason to pay attention to what they have to say.

Be that as it may, Dr. Griffin wasn't the shooter.

I live in D.C. and I know a few liberals and Democrats. Not one has ever:
Mentioned the website you referenced. I can't say they are even aware it exists.
I know of nobody who's mentioned Dr. Griffin and his ideas. Do you have a credible basis for thinking Hodgkinson was aware of Dr. Griffin's remarks?
  • Dr. Griffin is an art school professor. What sound reasoning makes you think his recent declaration "that House Republicans 'should be lined up and shot' for their passage of an Obamacare-replacement bill" was seen as an incitement upon which Hodgkinson committed to act?
  • Dr. Griffin is an art school professor. Are you a member of "the left?"
    • Why are you even aware of what that man has had to say about anything, other perhaps than art?
    • Why would you even cite the guy's comments about his dismay over the House vote on the O-care replacement/repeal?
Because the left has called for exactly that?
  • Are you a member of "the left?"
  • Was Dr. Griffin announced to be among the bona fide spokespersons for "the left?" If not, why did you cite his remarks as though he has been?
  • Do you have good reason to believe that because some person "on the left" says something that everyone "on the left" is aware of, or more specifically that Hodgkinson was aware of all that any person "on the left" had to say?
I'm just trying to understand why the fact that "the left has called for exactly that" makes it be plausible in your mind that Hodgkinson traveled to the D.C. area to shoot people because he was ticked off over potentially losing his Medicare benefits.

That's a tenured professor bud.

Of course, I wrote all stuff above before checking on the one assertion that you, in your most recent post (quoted above) made only to find out that you are just spewing sh*t outta your ass by making assertions (1) that you lack the information needed to make and (2) that don't and would not add value to the conversation were they true.

The Art Institute of Washington, which is where Dr. Griffin is a full-time professor, does not offer tenure.

The one damned complete declarative sentence that in that post is also your prose and it's not even accurate. Dude, go talk with someone who has the patience to put up with your indolently perfunctory mendacity.

That was a whole lot of verbiage to say a whole lot of nothing, you got me on the tenure, the rest of what I said stands, Zuckerburg has scrubbed his facebook but we have the screen shots and it reads like a ten person CNN panel.

Can't wait for trump to speak and call this guy a looooser

I bet he calls for healing and unity, and you lefties will dismiss him.
Yeah with one side of his mouth he'll call for healing and unity and with the other he'll call for stabbing you in the back He has a history of it

Your rationalize your blind hatred even as the blind hatred you support is leading to political shootings of congressmen.

Surprise, surprise....Clinton protégée / spawn and potential 2020 Presidential election Libtard Terry McAuliffe immediately calls for MORE gun control at the scene of the political terrorist attack rather than condemn the un-precedented level of out-of-control political rhetoric that 'radicalized' the liberal shooter.

Forget the cause of his radicalization and violence, darn those implements through which he carried out his rage and radicalized violence.

Virginia Governor Calls For Gun Control At Scene Of Scalise Shooting

"“I think we need to do more to protect all of our citizens,” McAuliffe told The Daily Caller News Foundation and other reporters near the scene of the shooting. “I have long advocated — this is not what today is about — but there are too many guns on the streets. We lose 93 million Americans a day to gun violence. I have long talked about this.”

Forget the Liberal message of 'HATE' Democrats and the Liberal media have been drumming into people's heads, radicalizing them until the point where they go out and commit acts of terrorism like this...this would not have happened if we would have just stripped Americans of their guns....like the UK did to their people.

Yeah, that worked out great.....
Forget the Liberal message of 'HATE' Democrats and the Liberal media have been druming into people's heads,
I agree they should own that.
radicalizing them until the point where they go out and commit acts of terrorism like this.
That is not the MSM. That is US, taking the talking points beyond and acting like assholes. Do not reneg on your own responsibility in this. Me, you, everyone who goes to political and social message boards and flings political shit. And DO NOT deny it, Easy. You do. I do, too. We ARE the division. We are the only ones who will stop it. Not the "other" guy.

I don't assume and slander and vilify someone for the simple act of disagreeing with me.

That is the standard operation procedure of the LEFT.
Oooh, baby! I am not saying you personally do, Correll. But shall I share some of posts I've gotten for being liberal here? I'm sure it's not necessary. You have seen it. BOTH sides are guilty for causing the atmosphere that led to "Terminate the Republican Party." The shooter was off his rocker, but we all need to take responsibility for what happened.

The two sides are no where near equal in this behavior.

The actions of the most extreme fringe of the Hardest Right, is the norm for the media and democratic politicians.

Trump never accused Hillary supporters of being bad people because of their support for HIllary.

/----
GUNMAN: 'KILL AS MANY REPUBLICANS AS POSSIBLE'
Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) recounted an "odd" encounter he had as he was leaving the field just minutes before the shooting: "There was a guy that walked up to us that was asking whether it was Republicans or Democrats out there, and it was just a little odd," DeSantis told Fox News.

'KILL AS MANY REPUBLICANS AS POSSIBLE'

Gee....I wonder where he learned that....

Classic blanket generalization/Composition fallacy.

I still wonder where people learn that.

Soooo....this is your version of the classic Liberal post:
"Is not, issssssss nooottttttttt!!!!"

I can't repeat your query, as I rarely find the term 'learn' associated with your political persuasion.

This doesn't even make any sense. Perhaps you might wanna cut back on the aerosol propellants. Just a suggestion.

I simply noted that the fatal blanket generalization/Composition Fallacy used by the shooter to arrive at "must....shoot.... Republicans" is exactly the same fucked-up fallacy that the drones here who have busied themselves all day murmuring "must.... associate... with ...and.... condemn.... Democrats ... or ... left.... or.... Sanders.... or ....".

Same fallacy. No difference. Self-absorbed zombies, all. See also "hoist with own petard".

What???

You don't like it when I put you in your place????

Shocker.

BTW....the vulgarity is a give-away of what I just pointed out.

So.. The mystery to me here is ----

This guy buys a rifle. Is reported to the POlice for practicing in the back yard. Says goodbye to the wife, disa-fucking-pears for FIVE WEEKS --- with the rifle. Tells family/friends he's going to D.C to "protest".. And every ONE of them KNOWS he's "radicalized"...

Why is the wife not under interrogation? Nothing strange about taking a brand new rifle to Washing-noguns-town DC for a PROTEST? And is living out of his van?? Her story better be good..
1) Republicans said crazy people can own guns
2) Free speech on his posts
3) Second Amendment rights

There have been many right wingers threatening armed insurrection for the past 8 years & no one rounded them up.

/----
Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) recounted an "odd" encounter he had as he was leaving the field just minutes before the shooting: "There was a guy that walked up to us that was asking whether it was Republicans or Democrats out there, and it was just a little odd," DeSantis told Fox News.

I can't repeat your query, as I rarely find the term 'learn' associated with your political persuasion.

This doesn't even make any sense. Perhaps you might wanna cut back on the aerosol propellants. Just a suggestion.

I simply noted that the fatal blanket generalization/Composition Fallacy used by the shooter to arrive at "must....shoot.... Republicans" is exactly the same fucked-up fallacy that the drones here who have busied themselves all day murmuring "must.... associate... with ...and.... condemn.... Democrats ... or ... left.... or.... Sanders.... or ....".

Same fallacy. No difference. Self-absorbed zombies, all. See also "hoist with own petard".

What???

You don't like it when I put you in your place????

Shocker.

BTW....the vulgarity is a give-away of what I just pointed out.

Mmnnnnope. It's simply part of a wide palette of expression. You may choose to confine your own; I do not. But nor do I criticize your self-limitation.

The point stands untouched despite the deflection attempt; the Double Fallacy of Composition/Generalization remains the foundation of the vast majority of the puerile adolescent rhetoric on this board, particularly on this issue, which lunges desperately to jump on the backs of assault victims and corpses, that they may tell themselves they "scored" some sort of "points" on an imaginary scoreboard for their imaginary "team" that represents the only faux-satisfaction their simplistic tiny little minds can spit onto their piddling wasted lives.

And there's diddly you can do about that, except to join me in denouncing said fallacy, which has absolute zero to do with anyone's "political persuasion". If, of course, you have the spine, which is a big "if".

/----

/---- Apparently you never noticed Republicans don't have a heard mentality like you DemocRATS. And unless you have the super power of mind reading or super hearing how could you know anyone murmurs ""must.... associate... with ...and.... condemn.... Democrats ... or ... left.... or.... Sanders.... or ...."

"Heard mentality"? :rofl:
That's a good pun. I gotta use it somewhere.

I'm not a member of any political party, Stupid -- speaking of "heard mentality". :lmao:

You need to free yourself of this childlike dichotomy mentality where the world is made up of no more than two elements called "Democrat" and "Republican". Personally, much as it makes me uneasy to be part of a large majority, I'm part of the largest political party faction in these United States. It's called "None".

Imagine that --- there's a whole 'nother universe out there you never heard of, because you were too busy yammering about "heard mentality" to be listening.

This guy buys a rifle. Is reported to the POlice for practicing in the back yard. Says goodbye to the wife, disa-fucking-pears for FIVE WEEKS --- with the rifle. Tells family/friends he's going to D.C to "protest".. And every ONE of them KNOWS he's "radicalized"...

Why is the wife not under interrogation? Nothing strange about taking a brand new rifle to Washing-noguns-town DC for a PROTEST? And is living out of his van?? Her story better be good..

Good point. There has to be more to that.

Do we know she, or others, are not being questioned?

/---- Apparently you never noticed Republicans don't have a heard mentality like you DemocRATS. And unless you have the super power of mind reading or super hearing how could you know anyone murmurs ""must.... associate... with ...and.... condemn.... Democrats ... or ... left.... or.... Sanders.... or ...."

I'm not a member of any political party, Stupid -- speaking of "heard mentality". :lmao:

You need to free yourself of this childlike dichotomy mentality where the world is made up of no more than two elements called "Democrat" and "Republican". Personally, much as it makes me uneasy to be part of a large majority, I'm part of the largest political party faction in these United States. It's called "None".

Imagine that --- there's a whole 'nother universe out there you never heard of, because you were too busy yammering about "heard mentality" to be listening.
/--- I meant herd mentality and my point stands.

I'll bet they were or still are

/--- I meant herd mentality and my point stands.

I know what you meant but however unintentional it's fodder for a good pun in the hands of a good punster so don't worry about it --- I got this. :thup:

You had no point other than that. You just made up shit that got shot down. Might wanna stick to malaprops.

I wonder if the shooter was on anti-depressants or seeing a therapist?

What an excellent question.....you should remind all of the studies that state how prevalent those are in this sort of individual.

"At least fourteen recent school shootings were committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs. It is important to note the following lists cases where the information about the shooters psychiatric drug use was made public. To give an example, although it is known that James Holmes, suspected perpetrator of the Aurora, Colorado movie theater shooting, was seeing psychiatrist Lynne Fenton, there has been no mention of what psychiatric drugs he may have been taking—though it is highly probably he was taking psychiatric drugs considering he was under a psychiatrist’s “care”. Columbine | CCHR International

Wow! You have some serious delusions of grandeur going on there, Mr. Pogo. :cuckoo:

Lemme guess, you have a mirror right next to your monitor, huh?

Last edited:

Wow! You have some serious delusions of grandeur going on there, Mr. Pogo.

Lemme guess -- you spelled "Cellblock" wrong huh?

Let's watch it again in slo-mo for those by whom it whizzed:

Apparently you never noticed Republicans don't have a heard mentality like you DemocRATS.

Does it still fly over your ten-gallon? Because I'm not sure there's a lower reading level to reduce it down to.

Wow! You have some serious delusions of grandeur going on there, Mr. Pogo.

Lemme guess -- you spelled "Cellblock" wrong huh?

Let's watch it again in slo-mo for those by whom it whizzed:

Apparently you never noticed Republicans don't have a heard mentality like you DemocRATS.

Does it still fly over your ten-gallon? Because I'm not sure there's a lower reading level to reduce it down to.

Are you saying you're incarcerated, Pogo?

I probably should have quoted your other self-aggrandizing post to better make my point.

The point stands untouched despite the deflection attempt; the Double Fallacy of Composition/Generalization remains the foundation of the vast majority of the puerile adolescent rhetoric on this board, particularly on this issue, which lunges desperately to jump on the backs of assault victims and corpses, that they may tell themselves they "scored" some sort of "points" on an imaginary scoreboard for their imaginary "team" that represents the only faux-satisfaction their simplistic tiny little minds can spit onto their piddling wasted lives.

And there's diddly you can do about that, except to join me in denouncing said fallacy, which has absolute zero to do with anyone's "political persuasion". If, of course, you have the spine, which is a big "if".

Last edited:

Dunno -- all the "journalists" lack that ability to think for themselves and FIND stories. Too busy making up shit.

1) Republicans said crazy people can own guns
2) Free speech on his posts
3) Second Amendment rights

There have been many right wingers threatening armed insurrection for the past 8 years & no one rounded them up.

You may THINK you've answered all the questions -- but it all amounts to spew. Because NO ONE has come up with a shred of evidence for crazy. And MOST people don't TRUST psychologists to determine "crazy".. The Free Speech and 2nd Amendments rights ALWAYS apply. EITHER can cause blood in the streets if they are abused..

Guns don't have emotions. Aren't swayed by irresponsible political brain-washing. People are..

Forum List

Back