SHOCK POLL: Romney 48% Obama 43%...

Romney is the perfect nominee because he will dominate the western states less the coastal ones, he will steal some northeast states and he will win the south and middle america by just being the Republican nominee.

Obamination is going to get whipped despite getting votes from illegals, criminals and people voting numerous times. They will have msnbc, etc quickly run stories about racism at the voting booths once it's clear Romney is winning in the northeast.

Lay off the weed, fellow. You are sounding even more stupid than usual.

Romney stands for so much that would help America. At least on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Not so much on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. On Sunday, he visits the Tabernacle.

the Tabernacle?

So he flies to Salt Lake every Sunday?

Cute story dude, but you need to work on the details.

He can afford it.

Shitheads like you will be spreadin racism stories when it's clear Obamination is losing the election.

"White people are scaring minorities away from voting booths here in....."

Romney is the perfect nominee because he will dominate the western states less the coastal ones, he will steal some northeast states and he will win the south and middle america by just being the Republican nominee.

Obamination is going to get whipped despite getting votes from illegals, criminals and people voting numerous times. They will have msnbc, etc quickly run stories about racism at the voting booths once it's clear Romney is winning in the northeast.

Lay off the weed, fellow. You are sounding even more stupid than usual.

Polls are crap. Their statistical sampling size is WAY too small to have any meaning. Maybe the 'Poll of Polls' is relavant, but any single poll is useless.

You'd need to poll about 50,000 people to get any accuracy - even then there'd be a considerable error margin.

These polling companies save money by polling as few people as possible, then lie by saying that some miracle statistical analysis methods can used to make the results accurate. It's all bullshit.

How many upset election results are there? Nobody even notices when the candidate that leads in the polls wins by a much larger majority than the polls predicted. They are a scam.

Rasmussen seems to have pretty damned good results with Presidential polling
Poll accuracy
The following list ranks the 23 organizations by the accuracy of their final, national pre-
election polls (as reported on pollster.com).
1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
2. YouGov/Polimetrix (10/18-11/1)
3. Harris Interactive (10/20-27)
4. GWU (Lake/Tarrance) (11/2-3)*
5. Diageo/Hotline (10/31-11/2)*
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
6. Ipsos/McClatchy (10/30-11/1)
7. DailyKos.com (D)/Research 2000 (11/1-3)
8. AP/Yahoo/KN (10/17-27)
9. Democracy Corps (D) (10/30-11/2)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
11. Economist/YouGov (10/25-27)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
14. ABC/Post (10/30-11/2)
15. Marist College (11/3)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
18. Reuters/ C-SPAN/ Zogby (10/31-11/3)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

Ras has had stellar results going way back, they also had one big fail, last year, but in any event notice the paucity of media orgs in the top 10 and gallup at no. 17.... but they generally do a better than average job, they all have their misses.

I have yet to meet a person who said they wouldn't vote for Romney here in FL because he was a Mormon. I have met lots of people who said they wouldn't vote for Gingrich because he's a lying, philandering sleezebag. And those are Republicans.

The single most unpopular governor of all time in the history of polling here in the state of FL is the self-proclaimed Tea Party governor who is doing nothing more than exactly what he said he'd do. He was elected in 2010 on the back of disgust and revulsion at Obama. I met lots of those people who said they were voting for Rick Scott because they hated Obama. Now, his name is mud and the brand is in the tank. If Obama wins here, it isn't because of your bullshit bigotry or anti-capitalism. It will be because the economy is getting better, the electorate is reacting against the state Republicans, and/or Romney is just a weak candidate.

Guy, it sounds like you are making excuses already.

Since you would scream "bigot" at anyone who dare express the opinion that Mormons are kind of creepy and evil, it's not like anyone is going to volunteer that information, is it?

Now, even if Romney wasn't part of the Whackadoo cult, he has a bunch of strikes against him. Flip-flopper, corporatist bloodsucker, phony. He's just an awful candidate. And you INSIST that this is the guy we have to go with.

Point is, George W. Bush, with all his flaws, put states into play that the Democrats haven't had to worry about in years. They had to shore up Wisconsin and Minnesota and Michigan.

Nobody seriously thinks Romney is going to be competitive in those states.

Guy, you seriously need to put down the koolaid.

First, I don't scream bigot at anyone. I scream it at you because you are. If someone made lists of blacks or Jews they wouldn't do business with just because they are blacks or Jews, then I would do the same thing. That is despicable and you're just as bad as those people.

Given your inaccurate description of the political landscape here in my home state, I'll take your "analysis" of other states with a huge grain of salt.

I have no idea if Romney is going to win or not. What I do know is that of the candidates - Romney, Alan Keyes 2.0 and Bozo the Clown - Romney has the best shot at beating Obama. But if you think Romney has no chance, you're an idiot. Or a hater unable to think straight because bigotry is warping your judgement.

This is BIG

Republicans need to stop the nonsense and nominate Romney.....NOW
Nope. The first person to win the most states with wins with the highest # of points, and that varies in accordance with state population.

That's when we come together. I kind of like Romney.

He will carry the platform banner and please the national committee's general goals plus add his own flair. :)

O has a firm grasp on three states: CA, Il, and NY. It gets ugly after that. Plus, a bad economy, high ue, inflation, gas prices aren't doing him favors either.

:cuckoo:

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Battle for White House

I'm basing it on his above average, below average, average ratings per state. O is above average in the three I mentioned along with about 5 of the NE states. Your chart is actually more favorable towards R's then the one that I had seen. Out of the tossup list one your site, I only see O possibly winning two or three of those states: NM, CO?, and possibly Iowa but sentiment has turned against him there due to economic conditions.

In the chart I posted he's leading in every toss up state.

Polls are crap. Their statistical sampling size is WAY too small to have any meaning. Maybe the 'Poll of Polls' is relavant, but any single poll is useless.

You'd need to poll about 50,000 people to get any accuracy - even then there'd be a considerable error margin.

These polling companies save money by polling as few people as possible, then lie by saying that some miracle statistical analysis methods can used to make the results accurate. It's all bullshit.

How many upset election results are there? Nobody even notices when the candidate that leads in the polls wins by a much larger majority than the polls predicted. They are a scam.

Absolutely. I mean seriously..... They ask 1000 people or so and think they can get an accurate cross section of this huge country with a couple hundred million voters. WTF? I've never put a lot of stock in one poll or another, especially when the results can be so easily skewed.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19 (see trends).

Looking at Tuesday's upcoming primaries, the GOP race in Alabama is essentially a three-way tie, while Mitt Romney leads by eight in Mississippi. Nationally, Romney now leads Rick Santorum by 12 points. Regardless of who they want to win, 80% of Republican Primary Voters nationwide believe Romney will be the party's nominee.

With the perception growing that he will be the GOP nominee, Romney leads President Obama by five points in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Today's numbers show Romney at 48%, Obama at 43%. That’s Romney’s largest lead since December. Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern.

If Santorum is the Republican nominee, he is up by one point over the president, 46% to 45%. This is the second time since polling began in 2011 that Santorum has had a slight lead over Obama. Romney is the only other candidate to lead the president more than one time in the polls. See tracking history for Obama vs. all four Republican candidates.

Read More:
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

That's excellent news.

I love this race right down to the photo finish line. No one, no one will be able to say this was bought and paid for and no one was a "shoe in" or an "heir apparent".

Even though I'm north of 49 these days, who ever gets the nomination I'll be working boards for him till my fingers bleed.

Absolutely. I mean seriously..... They ask 1000 people or so and think they can get an accurate cross section of this huge country with a couple hundred million voters. WTF? I've never put a lot of stock in one poll or another, especially when the results can be so easily skewed.

Gallup and Rasmussen are highly credible. Their methodology is impeccable.

I still stand with the "only poll that counts, is the one on election day" but you really can read a nation's mood by polling.

For example, poll on the "mood of the nation". Both Gallup and Rasmussen do.

You can have Carney up there at the White House telling all the citizens of Obama world that everything is rosy and hunky dory but the real deal is when you poll at a gas station when someone is filling up their gas tank.

hehehehe I'm sure that everyone pulling into a gas station these days is just praising the hell out of Obama.:lol:

where's peggy? Anyone seen peggy?:D

ETA: for those that don't remember Peggy is the name of the black lady that said Obama was going to pay her mortgage and fill up her gas tank last election. Video went viral.

Last edited:
The reliance some of you have about polling is rather amusing.

You'll read some poll outcome that makes you happy and then announce the race is decided.

Then some other partisan will tell you that the poll is wrong and present their polls informing them that their guy is on top.

Sooner or later the boards partisans will trade insults which is, when we think about it, what many of our fellow posters here really come for in the first place, isn't it?

They come posting anonymously to spew their childish venom on people they don't really know because why?

Because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Ssriously, guys, do you have any idea how absolutely pathetic that make you appear?

No wonder your MASTERS have complete contempt for you partisan dupes.

lol....another Obamabot pooping his pants. In 2008, Rasmussen was within 1% of the actual outcome in the general. Probably just a good guess!!:2up:

Last edited:
First, I don't scream bigot at anyone. I scream it at you because you are. If someone made lists of blacks or Jews they wouldn't do business with just because they are blacks or Jews, then I would do the same thing. That is despicable and you're just as bad as those people.

Mormons aren't blacks or Jews. Not sure why you want to keep making that comparison. Jews don't think that there is one guy who is talking to God and give away all their money because he says so, which is what Mormons do.

You don't believe in Mormonism any more than I do. I find it laughable that you defend it.

Given your inaccurate description of the political landscape here in my home state, I'll take your "analysis" of other states with a huge grain of salt.

Again, you really doubt Romney is going to win there in November. You are just trying to find other excuses that are kind of sad. Is this what we aer going to get from you for the next 8 months, lame excuses as to why your boy is "underperforming".

But for Evangelicals in Florida, we have this tidbit..

Who Did Evangelicals Vote for in the Florida GOP Primary? - God's Politics Editor | God's Politics Blog | Sojourners

Among the four-in-ten Florida primary voters who described themselves as white evangelical Christians, 38% voted for Gingrich (who is Catholic), while 36% supported Romney (who is Mormon). About one-in-five Florida evangelicals (19%) supported Santorum (a Catholic), while 5% voted for Ron Paul (who is Baptist).

Yeah, nothing to worry about there.

I have no idea if Romney is going to win or not. What I do know is that of the candidates - Romney, Alan Keyes 2.0 and Bozo the Clown - Romney has the best shot at beating Obama. But if you think Romney has no chance, you're an idiot. Or a hater unable to think straight because bigotry is warping your judgement.

Nope, I'm going by simple history.

Santorum stood for office five times. He won 4 out of 5. So he won 80% of the time. The one time he lost was a bad year for Republicans.

Gingrich stood for office 11 times. He won all 11. So he won 100% of the time.

Mitt Romney stood for office three times. A fourth time he could have run, his polling was so bad he didnt bother. He won office exactly one time. So he won 25% of the time.

His only victory was against a non-entity named Shannon O'Brien. You call Santorum and Gingrich "Bozos", but they are beating Romney whenever he doesn't outspend them 5-1.

By the time he gets to Tampa, he will have a shitty reputation, be out of money, and Obama will be ready to unleash on him.

and how funny is this? Even Santorum pwns Obama in yesterdays Rasmussen.

But the bottom line is this....if you are an incumbent and under 50%, you get your clocked cleaned in the general in the last 60 years. The k00ks keep doing the kneejerk looking at the GOP negatives. Boob McNuttyass would win for the GOP in November if the incumbent is under 50%

Last edited:

lol....another Obamabot pooping his pants. In 2008, Rasmussen was within 1% of the actual outcome in the general. Probably just a good guess!!:2up:

What's really hilarious is how much you are projecting. Obama is hammering your candidates yet one poll comes out with a different outcome and you are here thumping your chest about it.

I'd propose an avatar bet with you for the election but I know that a) you are way too scared to take it and b) after Obama wins you wont show yourself around here for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.

What's really hilarious is how much you are projecting. Obama is hammering your candidates yet one poll comes out with a different outcome and you are here thumping your chest about it.

I'd propose an avatar bet with you for the election but I know that a) you are way too scared to take it and b) after Obama wins you wont show yourself around here for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.

Whatever you say!!!!:coffee:

Whatever you say!!!!:coffee:

Ok, then here's the bet:

Obama wins and I own your sig for a month.

The GOP candidate wins and you own my sig for a month.

Man up and take the bet.

Forum List

Back