SHOCK POLL: Romney 48% Obama 43%...

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19 (see trends).

Looking at Tuesday's upcoming primaries, the GOP race in Alabama is essentially a three-way tie, while Mitt Romney leads by eight in Mississippi. Nationally, Romney now leads Rick Santorum by 12 points. Regardless of who they want to win, 80% of Republican Primary Voters nationwide believe Romney will be the party's nominee.

With the perception growing that he will be the GOP nominee, Romney leads President Obama by five points in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Today's numbers show Romney at 48%, Obama at 43%. That’s Romney’s largest lead since December. Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern.

If Santorum is the Republican nominee, he is up by one point over the president, 46% to 45%. This is the second time since polling began in 2011 that Santorum has had a slight lead over Obama. Romney is the only other candidate to lead the president more than one time in the polls. See tracking history for Obama vs. all four Republican candidates.

Read More:
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

RazzmustSuck polls are about as bogus as polls can be. My guess...thus poll was conducted in Salt Lake city.

America will never put a Morman in the white house.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19 (see trends).

Looking at Tuesday's upcoming primaries, the GOP race in Alabama is essentially a three-way tie, while Mitt Romney leads by eight in Mississippi. Nationally, Romney now leads Rick Santorum by 12 points. Regardless of who they want to win, 80% of Republican Primary Voters nationwide believe Romney will be the party's nominee.

With the perception growing that he will be the GOP nominee, Romney leads President Obama by five points in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Today's numbers show Romney at 48%, Obama at 43%. That’s Romney’s largest lead since December. Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern.

If Santorum is the Republican nominee, he is up by one point over the president, 46% to 45%. This is the second time since polling began in 2011 that Santorum has had a slight lead over Obama. Romney is the only other candidate to lead the president more than one time in the polls. See tracking history for Obama vs. all four Republican candidates.

Read More:

RazzmustSuck polls are about as bogus as polls can be. My guess...thus poll was conducted in Salt Lake city.

Before the election of John F. Kennedy, I wonder how many pundits confidently assured us that "America would never put a Catholic in the White House."

Read More:

Before the election of John F. Kennedy, I wonder how many pundits confidently assured us that "America would never put a Catholic in the White House."

This isn't your 1959 America any more there counselor. I doubt you were even a gleem in your milkman's eye when Kennedy was running for prez.

Probably only half of the households had a working TV ..maybe 5% color sets in 59. Telephones were still mostly circular dialed and party lines. The choice in 60 was between a Catholic and a friggin Quaker. A VP Quaker that couldn't even get an endorsement from his president Eisenhower. NOBODY wanted that sweaty weasle Nixon elected. My folks voted for him but they had to hold their noses.

Mormans beliefs are just TOO fucking weird. It's one thing to believe in a sky fairy...but these wackos have pushed the envelope ...PLUS they LOST the gold dinnerware!!!! How do you lose the GOLD DINNERWARE...????

and how funny is this? Even Santorum pwns Obama in yesterdays Rasmussen.

But the bottom line is this....if you are an incumbent and under 50%, you get your clocked cleaned in the general in the last 60 years. The k00ks keep doing the kneejerk looking at the GOP negatives. Boob McNuttyass would win for the GOP in November if the incumbent is under 50%

Not necessarily.

Fact is, Incumbants win more often than they lose.

First, you have 69 million people who voted for Obama last time. On this board, I haven't seen ONE PERSON who voted for Obama in 2008 say that they won't vote for him again.

Romney has to get everyone who voted for McCain to vote for him (I won't) and then get 5 million people who voted for Obama last time to change their minds.

All Obama has to do is get 91% of people who voted for him last time to do it again.

Actually, very few.

There was some anti-Catholic bias, but the reality is, it wasn't as bad as everyone said it was.

For every Protestant who said he wouldn't vote for a Catholic, there were two Catholics ready to jump in and vote for JFK even though they normally voted Republican. Like my Grandparents, who were Catholic German Immigrants who normally voted Republican, but they voted for JFK. (My dad, on the other hand, voted for Nixon, because he liked Nixon. Even after the guy resigned.)

On the other hand, for every person like me who will not vote for Romney because he's a Mormon, there aren't a whole bunch of Mormons out there ready to jump into the breach to replace us. Mormons are only concentrated in a few states, and they usually vote solidly Republican anyway.

Actually, very few.

There was some anti-Catholic bias, but the reality is, it wasn't as bad as everyone said it was.

For every Protestant who said he wouldn't vote for a Catholic, there were two Catholics ready to jump in and vote for JFK even though they normally voted Republican. Like my Grandparents, who were Catholic German Immigrants who normally voted Republican, but they voted for JFK. (My dad, on the other hand, voted for Nixon, because he liked Nixon. Even after the guy resigned.)

On the other hand, for every person like me who will not vote for Romney because he's a Mormon, there aren't a whole bunch of Mormons out there ready to jump into the breach to replace us. Mormons are only concentrated in a few states, and they usually vote solidly Republican anyway.

You missed the point. Not surprising given your record.

Anyway, you happen to be wrong, again.

Folks did get alarmed at the time that a Catholic President might be compelled to take orders from the Pope. There was a pretty fair amount of anti-Catholic rhetoric both above and below the surface during that campaign.

And the point is, there absolutely were pundits who DID maintain that "America would never put a Catholic in the White House."

The analog is that folks like Huggy (and not just Huggy) are willing to make these grandiose pronouncements without any way of supporting their beliefs. JUST as America DID (by a razor thin margin notwithstanding) put a Catholic in the White House, so too America COULD yet put a Mormon in the White House.

(I recall also hearing that there was no way America would ever put a black man in the White House either. Again we see it. Prognosticators prognosticating is not an assurance of accuracy.)

First, I don't scream bigot at anyone. I scream it at you because you are. If someone made lists of blacks or Jews they wouldn't do business with just because they are blacks or Jews, then I would do the same thing. That is despicable and you're just as bad as those people.

Mormons aren't blacks or Jews. Not sure why you want to keep making that comparison. Jews don't think that there is one guy who is talking to God and give away all their money because he says so, which is what Mormons do.

You don't believe in Mormonism any more than I do. I find it laughable that you defend it.

Given your inaccurate description of the political landscape here in my home state, I'll take your "analysis" of other states with a huge grain of salt.

Again, you really doubt Romney is going to win there in November. You are just trying to find other excuses that are kind of sad. Is this what we aer going to get from you for the next 8 months, lame excuses as to why your boy is "underperforming".

But for Evangelicals in Florida, we have this tidbit..

Who Did Evangelicals Vote for in the Florida GOP Primary? - God's Politics Editor | God's Politics Blog | Sojourners

Among the four-in-ten Florida primary voters who described themselves as white evangelical Christians, 38% voted for Gingrich (who is Catholic), while 36% supported Romney (who is Mormon). About one-in-five Florida evangelicals (19%) supported Santorum (a Catholic), while 5% voted for Ron Paul (who is Baptist).

Yeah, nothing to worry about there.

I have no idea if Romney is going to win or not. What I do know is that of the candidates - Romney, Alan Keyes 2.0 and Bozo the Clown - Romney has the best shot at beating Obama. But if you think Romney has no chance, you're an idiot. Or a hater unable to think straight because bigotry is warping your judgement.

Nope, I'm going by simple history.

Santorum stood for office five times. He won 4 out of 5. So he won 80% of the time. The one time he lost was a bad year for Republicans.

Gingrich stood for office 11 times. He won all 11. So he won 100% of the time.

Mitt Romney stood for office three times. A fourth time he could have run, his polling was so bad he didnt bother. He won office exactly one time. So he won 25% of the time.

His only victory was against a non-entity named Shannon O'Brien. You call Santorum and Gingrich "Bozos", but they are beating Romney whenever he doesn't outspend them 5-1.

By the time he gets to Tampa, he will have a shitty reputation, be out of money, and Obama will be ready to unleash on him.

rofl

Yeah, you keep telling yourself what a winner Gingrich is for winning in a GA Congressional district. :thup:

Romney lost evangelicals by a whopping two points in FL and Romney is in trouble here! lol Again, I have no idea if Romney will win here - he will if he picks Rubio - but if you're counting on your odious bigotry to translate to others, good luck with that.

So if Romney is the only one who stands a chance of beating Obama.

And most of the GOP consider Romney a "RINO".

Then does that mean the American people prefer Obama over any "real" Republicans?

I think you're a little confused...it's the democrats that are pushing that Romney is a RINO. He's not the most conservative....but a RINO? No

I have a feeling that Romney is the last person that Obama would like to face in a general election....and I think most democrats know it too.

Polls are crap. Their statistical sampling size is WAY too small to have any meaning. Maybe the 'Poll of Polls' is relavant, but any single poll is useless.

You'd need to poll about 50,000 people to get any accuracy - even then there'd be a considerable error margin.

These polling companies save money by polling as few people as possible, then lie by saying that some miracle statistical analysis methods can used to make the results accurate. It's all bullshit.

How many upset election results are there? Nobody even notices when the candidate that leads in the polls wins by a much larger majority than the polls predicted. They are a scam.

lol....another Obamabot pooping his pants. In 2008, Rasmussen was within 1% of the actual outcome in the general. Probably just a good guess!!:2up:

What's really hilarious is how much you are projecting. Obama is hammering your candidates yet one poll comes out with a different outcome and you are here thumping your chest about it.

I'd propose an avatar bet with you for the election but I know that a) you are way too scared to take it and b) after Obama wins you wont show yourself around here for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.

With all the debates and the mudslinging going on between them, and Obama sitting around watching with no opposition, it doesn't surprise me that he would be in the position he is with the polls. Wait until he has to start debating and defending himself, things will tighten up....let's face it, he hasn't been spectacular in the whitehouse.

This election won't be about how well Romney is liked by republicans, but how much obama is disliked by everyone. He has lost entire demographic groups including independent women.

rofl

Yeah, you keep telling yourself what a winner Gingrich is for winning in a GA Congressional district. :thup:

Romney lost evangelicals by a whopping two points in FL and Romney is in trouble here! lol Again, I have no idea if Romney will win here - he will if he picks Rubio - but if you're counting on your odious bigotry to translate to others, good luck with that.

Um, dumbass, 64% of Evangelicals voted for SOMEONE OTHER than Romney, So he lost Evangelicals 2-1.

And if you think Rubio is going to get into bed with a guy who believes dark skin is a curse from God. There's a reason why Rubios family ran screaming from the Mormon Cult. He ain't getting into bed with Romney.

Like I said, right now, Romney's kind of getting a pass on his whacky cult. It won't last.
The Democrats and Media are getting together the education campaign of "How Whacky Are Mormons, Anyway?"

Baptism for Dead Holocaust Victims. Becoming a God on your own world. Other churches are of the devil and an abomination.... All sorts of crazy shit out there and so much fun to watch it all get play.

This election won't be about how well Romney is liked by republicans, but how much obama is disliked by everyone. He has lost entire demographic groups including independent women.

You might want to tune into reality at some point between now and November.

lol....another Obamabot pooping his pants. In 2008, Rasmussen was within 1% of the actual outcome in the general. Probably just a good guess!!:2up:

What's really hilarious is how much you are projecting. Obama is hammering your candidates yet one poll comes out with a different outcome and you are here thumping your chest about it.

I'd propose an avatar bet with you for the election but I know that a) you are way too scared to take it and b) after Obama wins you wont show yourself around here for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.

With all the debates and the mudslinging going on between them, and Obama sitting around watching with no opposition, it doesn't surprise me that he would be in the position he is with the polls. Wait until he has to start debating and defending himself, things will tighten up....let's face it, he hasn't been spectacular in the whitehouse.
Obama's self-defense will likely be more specious accusations of "racism." How else can he throw off his improprietous behaviors of making a phone call in person to the Treasury of the United States to put the hustle on a check for full payment of the troubled company Solyndra? And that resulted in the instant release of half a billion dollars in taxpayer collections to go to those supporting his campaign that he owes quid-quo-pro favors to, or at least it has the veracity of a bad appearance in its best light which belies the dishonesty that surrounds Barack Obama and his aggregate band of not-approved-by-Congress advisers, not to mention his multiple rule-by-presidential-edicts in place of legislated laws. We get all huffy about Hugo Chavez' coup of our former ally Venezuela, when nobody seems to be guarding the hen house at home except House Speaker John Boehner, and he is roundly and regularly drubbed by hard-core leftists here and elsewhere for standing in Obama's unilateral path to absolute crushing power. In a year's time, that phone call was answered by Solyndra with the overnight unemployment of 1100 Americans from their jobs in the great State of California.

Something's gotta give. May America heal and be wiser when Barack Obama gets the voter pink slip in November. This generation had to learn the Jimmy Carter lesson: weakness raises consumer prices, taxes, and unemployment. Strength of the republicans, accused falsely of bad everything, stimulates the enonomy lowers prices, lowers taxes, and puts people back to work who want and need a job. All that, and we take care of seniors, the indigent, and the mentally impaired. We are a responsible people in the Republican party, and our nation deserves the fairness our representatives and Senators endow upon everyone, with little thought of themselves. :)

Last edited:

Once he actually starts debating, defending himself, and going on the attack it's only going to get worse for the GOP.

With how poll driven the white house is, the panic and fear is going to be funny.

I don't care if this is really a good sample or not, they'll be freaking out on the off chance this could be true. Most polls this time of year are worthless anyway. So this is just entertainment value for now.

Remember,

There are lies, damn lies, statistics, opinion polls, focus groups and computer models.

Forum List

Back