SHOCK POLL: Romney 48% Obama 43%...

wait. other polls are showing romney with a lead? Forgive me. i haven't read the whole thread.

Different polls show different results. Not really surprising. They've been going back and forth for months.

Precisely why dont think much of polls till a few days at the end of October. And even then I question on whether they are trying to manipulate people.

wait. other polls are showing romney with a lead? Forgive me. i haven't read the whole thread.

Different polls show different results. Not really surprising. They've been going back and forth for months.

Precisely why dont think much of polls till a few days at the end of October. And even then I question on whether they are trying to manipulate people.
They are trying to cultivate the unthinking.

I think Obama is a crappy president, but Romney would be a worse one.

But this poll is bullshit. It's a fluke, as Rasmussen had Obama leading Romney by 10 points a few weeks ago, and it's not like anything has massively changed in that time. It also shows Santorum beating Obama by one point.

Right. But when a rogue poll had Newt up by 2 points in NH, you were quick to jump on that as showing Romney was losing his grip.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:thup:
New York Times/CBS Poll - Document - NYTimes.com

Again. It's a poll. But really, when a pair of left wing organizations show this big of a drop, you must at least wonder if there is a trend here. Of course, it could be a flucke of sampling. Always possible, and I don't trust it yet.... But, it's an interesting little pin poke to the "it's just a rightwing outlier poll" theory for Rassmussen.

Like I said earlier, its just one poll. Every other poll has had Obama leading for some time. It may be a beginning of a trend, but right now, its just one poll that stands out from all the others. If there are other polls showing Romney leading, then we will have a better idea that Romney is doing better.

EDIT - for example a new ABC/WaPost poll has Romney leading by 2% even though a CBS poll has Obama leading by 3. Thus, it is likely Romney is closing the gap.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

But its still March. It's way, way too early.

Last edited:
Right. But when a rogue poll had Newt up by 2 points in NH, you were quick to jump on that as showing Romney was losing his grip.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:thup:
New York Times/CBS Poll - Document - NYTimes.com

Again. It's a poll. But really, when a pair of left wing organizations show this big of a drop, you must at least wonder if there is a trend here. Of course, it could be a flucke of sampling. Always possible, and I don't trust it yet.... But, it's an interesting little pin poke to the "it's just a rightwing outlier poll" theory for Rassmussen.

Like I said earlier, its just one poll. Every other poll has had Obama leading for some time. It may be a beginning of a trend, but right now, its just one poll that stands out from all the others. If there are other polls showing Romney leading, then we will have a better idea that Romney is doing better.

EDIT - for example a new ABC/WaPost poll has Romney leading by 2% even though a CBS poll has Obama leading by 3. Thus, it is likely Romney is closing the gap.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

But its still March. It's way, way too early.
it was more or less a thumb in the eye for those who live and die by such things at this stage of the game.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19 (see trends).

Looking at Tuesday's upcoming primaries, the GOP race in Alabama is essentially a three-way tie, while Mitt Romney leads by eight in Mississippi. Nationally, Romney now leads Rick Santorum by 12 points. Regardless of who they want to win, 80% of Republican Primary Voters nationwide believe Romney will be the party's nominee.

With the perception growing that he will be the GOP nominee, Romney leads President Obama by five points in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Today's numbers show Romney at 48%, Obama at 43%. That’s Romney’s largest lead since December. Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern.

If Santorum is the Republican nominee, he is up by one point over the president, 46% to 45%. This is the second time since polling began in 2011 that Santorum has had a slight lead over Obama. Romney is the only other candidate to lead the president more than one time in the polls. See tracking history for Obama vs. all four Republican candidates.

Read More:
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

I am a fiscal conservative female--& I would vote for Obama before I would ever put this social freak nut-case--(Santorum) in the oval office---:cuckoo:

This is the same guy (Santorum) that decided he would run his campaign on his EXTREME Catholic social points of view and started out in January--(arguing with a 1965 Supreme court decision) by saying that "States"--aka your next door neighbor can decide for you if you use birth control contraceptives or not---:badgrin::badgrin: Also Santorum stated-- no more sonograms for women--they might get an abortion if they have one---:cuckoo:

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, whose strong base of evangelical Christian supporters has thrust him into contention in Iowa, said on Monday that he believes states should have the right to outlaw birth control and sodomy without the interference of the Supreme Court.

In an interview with Jake Tapper on ABC News, Santorum reiterated his opposition to the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling that prevented Connecticut from banning contraception.
“The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have. That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide."
Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

No the U.S. Supreme court protects us from NUT-CASES like Rick Santorum.

This guy is a complete social NUT-CASE. And that was proven on Super Tuesday--when women overwhelmingly voted for Mitt Romney. And since 52% of the electorate are women--a Santorum nominee would look like General Custer in his last stand. He would get slaughtered by Barack Obama--on his EXTREME social statements.

Democrats have already started their attack--it's called the GOP'S WAR ON WOMEN--thanks to Rick Santorum and his continual too far right social statements and extreme 16-17th century Catholic beliefs.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Last edited:

I am a fiscal conservative female--& I would vote for Obama before I would ever put this social freak nut-case--(Santorum) in the oval office * * * *

It is not clear that orheaoh is actually a fiscal conservative or a conservative in any sense.

NOBODY who would vote for the FLOP in Chief can properly be called a "conservative."

I am a fiscal conservative female--& I would vote for Obama before I would ever put this social freak nut-case--(Santorum) in the oval office * * * *

It is not clear that orheaoh is actually a fiscal conservative or a conservative in any sense.

NOBODY who would vote for the FLOP in Chief can properly be called a "conservative."

She has also made several posts on how Santorum can't get enough delegates, but wont answer any questions on what she now things of Newt who has less delegates than Santorum. Clearly She thinks Santorum should drop out, but I cant figure out why she isnt saying the same about Newt if she is thinking that.

Interesting, but Newt and Santurom could toss the RNC into a brokered convention.

Last edited:

WTF is an "orleach"? Were you home schooled in simple spelling by Beck?

I dunno what orleach is, other than not what I wrote, dim shit.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19 (see trends).

Looking at Tuesday's upcoming primaries, the GOP race in Alabama is essentially a three-way tie, while Mitt Romney leads by eight in Mississippi. Nationally, Romney now leads Rick Santorum by 12 points. Regardless of who they want to win, 80% of Republican Primary Voters nationwide believe Romney will be the party's nominee.

With the perception growing that he will be the GOP nominee, Romney leads President Obama by five points in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Today's numbers show Romney at 48%, Obama at 43%. That’s Romney’s largest lead since December. Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern.

If Santorum is the Republican nominee, he is up by one point over the president, 46% to 45%. This is the second time since polling began in 2011 that Santorum has had a slight lead over Obama. Romney is the only other candidate to lead the president more than one time in the polls. See tracking history for Obama vs. all four Republican candidates.

Read More:

I am a fiscal conservative female--& I would vote for Obama before I would ever put this social freak nut-case--(Santorum) in the oval office---:cuckoo:

This is the same guy (Santorum) that decided he would run his campaign on his EXTREME Catholic social points of view and started out in January--(arguing with a 1965 Supreme court decision) by saying that "States"--aka your next door neighbor can decide for you if you use birth control contraceptives or not---:badgrin::badgrin: Also Santorum stated-- no more sonograms for women--they might get an abortion if they have one---:cuckoo:

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, whose strong base of evangelical Christian supporters has thrust him into contention in Iowa, said on Monday that he believes states should have the right to outlaw birth control and sodomy without the interference of the Supreme Court.

In an interview with Jake Tapper on ABC News, Santorum reiterated his opposition to the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling that prevented Connecticut from banning contraception.
“The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have. That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide."

This guy is a complete social NUT-CASE. And that was proven on Super Tuesday--when women overwhelmingly voted for Mitt Romney. And since 52% of the electorate are women--a Santorum nominee would look like General Custer in his last stand. He would get slaughtered by Barack Obama--on his EXTREME social statements.

Democrats have already started their attack--it's called the GOP'S WAR ON WOMEN--thanks to Rick Santorum and his continual too far right social statements and extreme 16-17th century Catholic beliefs.

Seems to me that YOU have a problem with true Conservatism.

Read More:

You can relax, he wont get the nod.

:badgrin:

Read More:

:razz:

Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread
RCP Average 2/19 - 3/11 -- 47.8 45.5 Obama +2.3
CBS News/NY Times 3/7 - 3/11 878 RV 47 44 Obama +3
Rasmussen Tracking 3/9 - 3/11 1500 LV 43 46 Romney +3
ABC News/Wash Post 3/7 - 3/10 RV 47 49 Romney +2
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 2/29 - 3/3 RV 50 44 Obama +6
Politico/GWU/Battleground 2/19 - 2/22 1000 LV 53 43 Obama +10
USA Today/Gallup 2/20 - 2/21 881 RV 47 47 Tie

heres a better picture with an average of all the available polls.

There is nothing to worry about if he did.

True. Anyone But Obama.

I agree. But Obama doesnt even factor into it. He has no desire to regulate birth control. Acknowledging that the Constitution allows States to govern the sale of birth control under the 10th amendment and that Griswold v. Connecticut was bad case law, doesnt mean you want to regulate birth control. It's simply an acknowledgment that the correct reading of the law would allow it.

Unfortunately progressives dont seem to comprehend that just because the government has certain powers doesn't mean that conservatives automatically want the government to regulate things. Quite the opposite. Outlawing Birth control is just as stupid as forcing people and more important churches to buy it.

Id oppose both.

Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread
RCP Average 2/19 - 3/11 -- 47.8 45.5 Obama +2.3
CBS News/NY Times 3/7 - 3/11 878 RV 47 44 Obama +3
Rasmussen Tracking 3/9 - 3/11 1500 LV 43 46 Romney +3
ABC News/Wash Post 3/7 - 3/10 RV 47 49 Romney +2
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 2/29 - 3/3 RV 50 44 Obama +6
Politico/GWU/Battleground 2/19 - 2/22 1000 LV 53 43 Obama +10
USA Today/Gallup 2/20 - 2/21 881 RV 47 47 Tie

heres a better picture with an average of all the available polls.

Take a gander at that graph...

How's it trending?

There is nothing to worry about if he did.

True. Anyone But Obama.

I agree. But Obama doesnt even factor into it. He has no desire to regulate birth control. Acknowledging that the Constitution allows States to govern the sale of birth control under the 10th amendment and that Griswold v. Connecticut was bad case law, doesnt mean you want to regulate birth control. It's simply an acknowledgment that the correct reading of the law would allow it.

Unfortunately progressives dont seem to comprehend that just because the government has certain powers doesn't mean that conservatives automatically want the government to regulate things. Quite the opposite. Outlawing Birth control is just as stupid as forcing people and more important churches to buy it.

Id oppose both.
As would I.

She doesn't want to live in a theocracy.

Forum List

Back