She's Not Exactly Penelope Pitstop

:badgrin: I do...thanks for noticing!

why should they be?

Abortion is a person decision a woman makes based on her OWN life...it doesn't have an adverse affect on anyone outside her life.... I sincerely doubt any republican candidate grieves for the loss of that fetus except while he/she's on the campaign trail.

gay rights? I said gay marriage I believe... Bush & Co have turned that entire issue into a battering ram. Why does it matter to ANYONE else if a couple want to declare their love for each other in a public fashion and have that committment recognize by law, the same way heterosexuals do? does that effect your relationship? your marriage? no it doesn't and pretending that somehow it does is disingenuous crap that the right wingers have taken to an art form.

Social issues are just that, social issues...they should not be GOVERNED by policies which are made up of mostly out of touch politicians who have no clue what is happening in the average Americans life.

Anything becomes an issue when the federal government (more specifically, the legislative branch) gets involved. You know that full well.

I don't want the government telling me how I should feel about abortion....one way or the other. I dont want the government telling me how I should feel about gay marriage...one way or the other. I do not want the government telling me how I should feel about social issues...one way or the other.

Most importantly, I dont want the government telling me how I should THINK about anything or what I should BELIEVE about anything or anyone.

Anything becomes an issue when the federal government (more specifically, the legislative branch) gets involved. You know that full well.

I don't want the government telling me how I should feel about abortion....one way or the other. I dont want the government telling me how I should feel about gay marriage...one way or the other. I do not want the government telling me how I should feel about social issues...one way or the other.

Most importantly, I dont want the government telling me how I should THINK about anything or what I should BELIEVE about anything or anyone.

:clap2:

but you realize that is the platform of the entire Republican party, right? :confused:

Spot on.

And while both parties do that, but the Republicans are even worse about foisting their values (values that have NOTHING to do with governance) on us, I'll keep reluctantly voting for Ds.

Palin is the perfect candidate to represent today's Republican cause.

She has exactly the same moral standards that we've all come to expect from this crowd.

You all must listen to Sarah say this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfff-mZjpPY]YouTube - Miss Alaska Sarah Palin RNC Speech (Funny Audio Dub)[/ame]

Perhaps the party that believes principles (or morality) don't matter should not be so concerned with the morality of others.

Really, CSM, and which party would that be?

What moralistic bullshit, that only the Republicans believe in morals. They talk them up well, but don't always walk the talk.

I can see the right is getting a little nervous that once she gets to speak without a script, we just might see another loose cannon.

Really, CSM, and which party would that be?

What moralistic bullshit, that only the Republicans believe in morals. They talk them up well, but don't always walk the talk.

I can see the right is getting a little nervous that once she gets to speak without a script, we just might see another loose cannon.

I'm certainly hoping so !!

More of the embellishment of the facts?

Oh, no, I am a bad lefty daring to not be deferntial to her.

Stretching more than 1,700 miles, it would deliver natural gas from the North Slope of Alaska to the lower 48 states and be the largest private-sector infrastructure project on the continent.

“And when that deal was struck, we began a nearly $40 billion natural gas pipeline to help lead America to energy independence,” said Ms. Palin, the Republican vice-presidential nominee. “That pipeline, when the last section is laid and its valves are opened, will lead America one step farther away from dependence on dangerous foreign powers that do not have our interests at heart.”

The reality, however, is far more ambiguous than the impression Ms. Palin has left at the convention and on the campaign trail.

Certainly she proved effective in attracting developers to a project that has eluded Alaska governors for three decades. But an examination of the pipeline project also found that Ms. Palin has overstated both the progress that has been made and the certainty of success.

The pipeline exists only on paper. The first section has yet to be laid, federal approvals are years away and the pipeline will not be completed for at least a decade. In fact, although it is the centerpiece of Ms. Palin’s relatively brief record as governor, the pipeline might never be built, and under a worst-case scenario, the state could lose up to $500 million it committed to defray regulatory and other costs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/11/u...gin&adxnnlx=1221145333-WtveuHaH6HccNXWzPLsReQ

but isnt that the way of republicans....bush enlarged the border patrol when the gop base was all concerened about that..but he never funded the addition salaries needed..thus business as usual....and please..who can forget the interview with bush on the border talking about the fence as illegals jumped it behind him? you cant make this stuff up....

partisan politics has blinded this country and achieved what both parties want...dont blame me....blame the other fellow....all of clinton's achievements are credited to policies enacted by reagan (the god of republicans) while all of bush's failures are caused by clinton or the democratic congress....now if american voters are total fools they will fall for this crap....keep the blinders on...while neither party deals with the issues. if the american people truly realized the scope of debt and the neglect of our own country due to this growing debt, they would revolt. the truth would surely be hell.

but isnt that the way of republicans....bush enlarged the border patrol when the gop base was all concerened about that..but he never funded the addition salaries needed..thus business as usual....and please..who can forget the interview with bush on the border talking about the fence as illegals jumped it behind him? you cant make this stuff up....

partisan politics has blinded this country and achieved what both parties want...dont blame me....blame the other fellow....all of clinton's achievements are credited to policies enacted by reagan (the god of republicans) while all of bush's failures are caused by clinton or the democratic congress....now if american voters are total fools they will fall for this crap....keep the blinders on...while neither party deals with the issues. if the american people truly realized the scope of debt and the neglect of our own country due to this growing debt, they would revolt. the truth would surely be hell.

You damn straight partisan politics has blinded this country. We are a bunch of angry blithering idiots who's biggest concern appears to be who called who a pig. And people don't get off scott free on the ever increasing debt in our country either.

but isnt that the way of republicans....bush enlarged the border patrol when the gop base was all concerened about that..but he never funded the addition salaries needed......
"The Congress shall have the Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States..."

It appears that only Congress can allocate that funding.

Really? Did you miss the "one way or the other" part?

I'm not sure what you mean by that though I gues.

Do you mean you also don't want Dems telling you that these issues are okay and that you should support them?

"The Congress shall have the Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States..."

It appears that only Congress can allocate that funding.

You beat me to it.

People keep ignoring the DEMOCRAT CONGRESS which is responsible for the majority of the crap, PARTICULARLY with regards to $$, that is laid at the door of Bush' admin.

Mighty convenient for a Dem. congress to have a Repub admin to scapegoat.

People keep ignoring the DEMOCRAT CONGRESS which is responsible for the majority of the crap, PARTICULARLY with regards to $$, that is laid at the door of Bush' admin.

Ali, even you can't believe that crap. The Dems have had a slim majority for a little over a year. In that time the Repubs have filibustered more than the Dems did in the previous seven years.

What we have now is a result of right wing control previously and stonewalling currently.

I am not very proud of what they have done so far, but they have a lot of screwed up crap to fix from you side.

Forum List

Back