She's Not Exactly Penelope Pitstop

I'm not sure what you mean by that though I gues.

Do you mean you also don't want Dems telling you that these issues are okay and that you should support them?

aw cmon...you are smarter than that. It means that I dont want ANY politician telling me how to think or feel.

aw cmon...you are smarter than that. It means that I dont want ANY politician telling me how to think or feel.

ok, that I can deal with and I honestly wasn't getting what you meant. not playing stupid... just wasn't computing :lol:

however, I don't think, and perhaps that's because I agree with their position, that Dems tell anyone how to think OR feel. They want these decisions left up to the individual. You're free to feel how you want...don't believe in abortion? don't have one. Don't believe in gay marriage? don't marry someone of your own gender. it's not difficult IMO.

Seems the Dems are about personal freedoms while the Repubs are about governmental freedoms.

Last edited:
The point is, you either have principles or you do not.

Perhaps the party that believes principles (or morality) don't matter should not be so concerned with the morality of others. Either they matter or they don't.

On a side note, thanks for pointing out that non-republicans don't think morality or principles or family values matter.

As one lib poster told me on this board, "hypocricy is ok as long as it is your side practicing it".

Nope, got to call you on that you have principles or you don't argument. Just because someone has principles different from yours doesn't mean they don't have principles.

At least they're not rigid :lol:
medium_ridgid52.jpg

Nope, got to call you on that you have principles or you don't argument. Just because someone has principles different from yours doesn't mean they don't have principles.

No argument about a difference in principles from me. The point I am trying to make (poorly it would seem) is that if one does indeed have principles, then apply them. This double standard crap practiced by many ("it's ok for MY guy to be hypocritical, corrupt, immoral, or whatever but not YOURS) is pure unadulterated bullshit. Unfortunately, the political landscape in the US is littered with the rotting carcasses of what could have been some pretty good leadership in our government (yes, from both parties) if people would have applied their "principles" fairly.

Points taken. Any misunderstanding is mine.

Poltical principles need to be stated in policy.

Ambiguity for the sake of garnering votes is to be condemned.

If only all political parties (here too) could adhere to that.

How can you tell with these liberal Democrats, who have no moral anchor or compass?

How would you know? Are you one of those liberal Dems? Your threads appear that of a righteous bigot who sees his or her way as "thee" way.

I have a moral compass. It isn't yours, nor would I want it to be.

Oh, by the way, the Gayboy is really clever. Did your mommy help you with that?

Name calling usaully indicates a real intelligence quota.

And yes, I know how congress works. As in you can't change 6 years of screw ups overnight particularly when the now out of power party keeps stonewalling.

Had to add this Glock.

I work in a public school sector. Most of the people here in my Department are blue collar hands-on workers. Most are union and Democrat. Most are also "Christian."

Your crap about the left having no moral compass is a smoke screen your side has been using to get votes. It has nothing to do with really having a moral compass.

The leader of your moral compass in politics is still Karl Rove. Please don't lecture the left.

How would you know? Are you one of those liberal Dems? Your threads appear that of a righteous bigot who sees his or her way as "thee" way.

I have a moral compass. It isn't yours, nor would I want it to be.

Oh, by the way, the Gayboy is really clever. Did your mommy help you with that?

Name calling usaully [sic- so does spelling] indicates a real intelligence quota.

And yes, I know how congress works. As in you can't change 6 years of screw ups overnight particularly when the now out of power party keeps stonewalling.

Gee, and here I was thinking that the democrats controlled both houses of Congress.

I'm glad that you've got a moral compass and follow it Gayboy. However, it must be one of those old-fashioned magnetic needles. Too bad your magnetic leaders keep moving towards the gutter.

How can you tell with these liberal Democrats, who have no moral anchor or compass?

oddly enough only an idiot ..a total idiot would think a politicial party determines morals?

Lets review the morals of the current gop candidate....divorced his first wife to marry tons of money...then called his money a ****...my my ....what a moral compass..and dont even get me started on that lying palin....

o yes....her daughter is preggies but we have to shhhhhh all that...cause her idiot mother doesnt teach her birth control. and why did palin lie about the last baby she DID NOT have...look at all the pics and note that her face is not rounded nor does she have any look of being preggies...look at her actions..flying with an amino leak..hello how stupid are you people...no woman concerned with her baby being born premature and knowing the child has downs would take that chance...unless she is stupid or hoping the child dies...or just plain lying...note: her daughter was out of school for how long....come on people....use the common sense yall are always talking about no one having.

Forum List

Back