Shepherd Smith's office romance

Yup! But I don't always read word-for-word, obviously. And I guess I sort of thought you'd be discussing the subject at hand. No? No problemo. ;)

It was a fox news bash fest and you knew it

No, I don't and no. It wasn't. It was about Shep specifically, and I like Shep.

I do too. Shep speaks truth to power. I remember the time Hannity was trying to get him to sugarcoat his report from New Orleans in the Katrina aftermath so the Bush Admin would look good -- Shep flatly refused Hannity's lead and reported the stark realities as they really were.

If not for Smith and maybe Chris Wallace, Fox has no cred at all.

Besides, he's a Mississippi boy :thup:

Last edited:
It was a fox news bash fest and you knew it

I do too. Shep speaks truth to power. I remember the time Hannity was trying to get him to sugarcoat his report from New Orleans in the Katrina aftermath so the Bush Admin would look good -- Shep flatly refused Hannity's lead and reported the stark realities as they really were.

I remember when I first found him, I posted here and said hey. I like him. And the first thing I heard back was "He's gay." Like, - you know. He can't possibly be a good newsman if that's the case.

Seriously? I don't recall an accent! Oh, shoot. Guess I'll have to go dig up some video and listen. ;) Cuz he's so hard on the eyes, doncha know.

Yah.

I remember when I first found him, I posted here and said hey. I like him. And the first thing I heard back was "He's gay." Like, - you know. He can't possibly be a good newsman if that's the case.

Seriously? I don't recall an accent! Oh, shoot. Guess I'll have to go dig up some video and listen. ;) Cuz he's so hard on the eyes, doncha know.

Yah.

He slips it in at 1:59 of that video I posted in 69 although he's deliberately overplaying -- it's hilarious all the way through. A textbook on the art of sarcasm and shows how he sees right through the pretentiousness of it all. That's what I like, he doesn't do pretentious.

But you're supposed to lose the regional accent when you broadcast and adopt this midwestern-American "standard". My mother worked hard to deliberately lose her accent but it would creep in when she'd say "hand me that pin" (huh?) "Pin! P-E-N, pin!"

Last edited:
You didn't say on this board. You said it have never happened. As an absolute. In spite of the fact that you haven't seen every post on this forum.

BOTH are bad. Both calling people gay as an insult and calling people retarded as an insult. "Libtard" is bad. "Conservatard" is bad.

And the crap that gets hurled at Shep Smith about his sexuality is BAD.

We ARE on this board. This is where I live. This is where I read. This is where you asked me how I feel about 'retard', and I asked my question in return.

I don't care about other people hurling shit. I don't hurl it. You can probably dig around this forum and find where I discovered him, said I liked him, somebody said he was probably gay and I liked him more.

Both are bad, and that is why well in excess of 99% of the time, I don't pull that shit. It's childish, and indicative of a weak mind. So why don't you tell me again why I am being pilloried for everything every other stupid fuck on this board or others ever said or did?

Can you get any more self righteous than this. Especially when you have been shown the mirror huh?

I too have noticed that many here who claim that they are NOT "anti gay", also hurl gay insults at those they disagree with.

Shephard Smith, gay or not is on your shit list, simply because it is fox news related. The left will use anything to try and destroy their adversaries. Even their personal lives are not off limits.

The OP is filled with bigoted doublespeak

Worst offenders

1. Bode the dyke
2. BDBOOP
3. Luissa
4. Sallow
5. Right Winger

Forum List

Back