She Hit A Home Run

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
1925 a life force entered this world. Female born is south central Missouri. Long before city water or sewer or rural electric. Long before cars had been introduced in the area. The "big city" was half day wagon ride away. School was a bit of a walk for a pre teen back then and the walk and the homework also came with farming chores.

Eighty acres of dairy cattle and that included feeding, pumping water from a hand well and stall cleaning. That simply was daily life. Early on her mother divorced and moved her family to the city. Her mother became a garment worker in a factory. It was in the city she saw things like cars/buses and street lights.

Her mother bought a brick cold water flat not far from where she worked and close to the schools. While farm life had been traded for city life more importance was put on education as there was much more time. After graduation she became a switch board operator for Ralston/Purina.

She then married the farm boy who grew up next door in that little town and moved halfway across the United States. Washington state bold and brash a metropolitan carved out of the wilderness known as Seattle. They bought a house on a hill and from one window you could see Mt. Rainier and the other Puget Sound.

He was in the Navy and gone for months at a time. But Seattle had a bus system because many women did not drive back then. Their were two local Grocery stores each other on a corner facing each other and less then a block away. Ballard in its day was a tree lined wonderful area and the states best zoo was minutes away and free to the public.

Then the day came and she divorced and learned to drive. Soon she would drive back across the United States with less then a year driving she crossed the county, One of four times she would do this. But her birth state did not have the jobs the advancement or the money to raise kids in a style all had become accustom to.

Back to Washington it was. A semi rural town next to a growing city where one could have Horses. She not only learned to drive she learned how to ride a motorcycle. Work was a 30 mile trip one way and she drove that for three decades. She bought her first house then her first new never lived in house.

Her mother raised three kids, all bought homes and all bought never lived in homes. Guess that small town farm girl hit a home run. It was one year ago today she left this earth. And she left it better then she found it.

Her son
"Fury"

• Banned
What a great tribute to your mom. She is proud.
I suggested to cereal_killer about a year ago after this happened that a new forum "City of Angels" be opened. I use it at my place and it is the most revered and member protected forum I have ever seen.

Boards are like towns that grow into small cities and a forum for memorials is a natural selection for membership. We all have our losses and no place to truly put our feelings our prayers to those we have lost.

We need a "City of Angels" where we can pay tribute in memorial to the very folks that brought us here to USMB.

And thank you, it means a lot.
Fury

Hey, I just saw the replies to this thread that were posted in the CDZ. Wow. I'm remembering their names. Unforgiveable. Sorry it happened.

Forum List

Back