Shawshank tree falls

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Shawshank tree falls - CNN.com

There's a big hayfield up near Buxton...One in particular. It's got a long rock wall, a big oak tree at the north end. It's like something out of a Robert Frost poem. It's where I asked my wife to marry me. We went there for a picnic and made love under that oak and I asked and she said yes. Promise me, Red. If you ever get out, find that spot. In the base of that wall, you'll find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maine hayfield. A piece of black, volcanic glass. There's something buried under it I want you to have.

Last edited:
Great movie...one of the all-time best.

Could the tree falling be a sign from God, that leftism is destroying the world?

My son and I watched Clint Eastwood in "Escape from Alcatraz" the other day.

I couldn't believe how much in that movie was similar.

Stephen King must be a intellectual pirate. :badgrin:

Shawshank was a much better movie.
The title of "Escape from Alcatraz" kind of tipped off what was going to happen. In Shawshank it came as a surprise

Shawshank was a much better movie.
The title of "Escape from Alcatraz" kind of tipped off what was going to happen. In Shawshank it came as a surprise
Yeah, because if they had titled it anything else, the audience wouldn't have a clue what was going to happen, since, well, it's based on a true story.

thom-derp.jpg

One of the greatest movies of all times...from one of the greatest U.S. authors of all times...

May the good old oak tree, rest in peace! :(

One of the greatest movies of all times...from one of the greatest U.S. authors of all times...

Stephen Kings best work was in movies that did not go too deep into the supernatural

Shawshank, Stand by me and Green Mile

Stephen Kings best work was in movies that did not go too deep into the supernatural

Shawshank, Stand by me and Green Mile
The Shining , Carrie- were both in to the super natural and were good as well, don't you think?

Forum List

Back