Sharron Angle raised $14 million in 3rd quarter

Who cares where she got it? Harry Reid exploits his political power to raise as much as he wants. Are her donors tainted because they oppose the regime?

The companies that gave it to her and expect something in return might care. Money is influence and 14 million is a lot in influence.

So what? Does her opponent have access to that, and more, thanks to his position in government?

This is open rebellion, pal. We're not going to play by rules the regime doesn't have to live by.

Don't forget Reid has recieved over 35 million in donations and I wonder how much of that is from George Soros and Co.? Interesting how a billionaire Greek national with verified criminal behavior is OK (Dem supporter) but "others" are by definition bad. Rachel Maddow tried to pull the same crap on the Repub running for Congress in Oregon I believe.

Thanks Fox news !

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dont forget talk radio...... thats how I became aware of her, and when I learned more, I donated. Plus, after the Obama regime went after the state of Arizona, I had to get involved. BLAME IT ON THE OBAMA REGIME for a "change" (pun intended)

The companies that gave it to her and expect something in return might care. Money is influence and 14 million is a lot in influence.

Wrong..... Americans from across the country have donated BIG TIME to these electoral races across the nation.
They are crucial to ALL of our well being as a nation. Therefore we have donated lots of cash... I know I have.

Give me a break... :doubt:

I think you are addressing a point I havent made. I didnt say that Americans DONT donate to her. I said foreign money coming from the CC will expect something in return for their donations. How is that wrong?

Foreign money doesn't support the political activities of the C of C.

It's a lie Obama tells and you repeat.

That's how that's wrong.

Dont forget talk radio...... thats how I became aware of her, and when I learned more, I donated. Plus, after the Obama regime went after the state of Arizona, I had to get involved. BLAME IT ON THE OBAMA REGIME for a "change" (pun intended)

Wrong..... Americans from across the country have donated BIG TIME to these electoral races across the nation.
They are crucial to ALL of our well being as a nation. Therefore we have donated lots of cash... I know I have.

Give me a break... :doubt:

I think you are addressing a point I havent made. I didnt say that Americans DONT donate to her. I said foreign money coming from the CC will expect something in return for their donations. How is that wrong?

That's how that's wrong.

According to the CC own application, foreign money goes into the same account that they make political donations to. Obama didnt make them do that, I didnt make them do that...they did that. They have the funds comingled in the same bag, pulls out some cash from that bag and then says "Oh this money, this is Americans money"

Maybe they put a stamp of "F" on the the foriegn money and an "A" on the American money. I dont know...but its all in the same bag thats for sure from their application.

Nope, but when Unions do it they take credit for it. They don't make up names and hide behind the name of an organization which does not exist.
Not everything is above boards... You're just mad that the Constitution allows anyone to donate....

Why add, "You idiot"? All that does is prove you lack the skills to debate an issue honestly. And, from that I infer, you are willfully ignorant or too limited to actually think critically about an issue.
It comes from your history of idiotic posts on this board...

You are free to infer whatever you want... I can't stop you from making mistakes...

Thanks for sharing (have you ever thought of dating Willow Tree or Stepanie? You have much in common with both).

Your interest in me is not reciprocated...

I will point out your loony leftist idiocy when you display it, though... Consider it a public service to USMB...

That's how that's wrong.

According to the CC own application, foreign money goes into the same account that they make political donations to. Obama didnt make them do that, I didnt make them do that...they did that. They have the funds comingled in the same bag, pulls out some cash from that bag and then says "Oh this money, this is Americans money"

Maybe they put a stamp of "F" on the the foriegn money and an "A" on the American money. I dont know...but its all in the same bag thats for sure from their application.

Really? Want to source that? No separation of the accounting whatsoever?

This should be good.

Money is not fungible. Try telling that to the IRS. Declare losses in one business that you incurred in another and see how long that lasts.

Ok, that's fine just realize that foreign companies are making contributions for their best interest, not Americas.

There is no proof at this point that any foreign entity has contributed money to anyone's campaign this election cycle. The president and the Democrats making these accusations are doing so irresponsibly and recklessly as nobody has brought forth any evidence whatsoever that this is taking place. Furthermore, these PACs that have potential foreign connections have actually contributed more money to the Democrats this cycle than the Republicans.

To be sure, money that is segregated for other purposes can free legal funds for political uses.

But the chamber is hardly alone. A number of labor unions and advocacy groups that participate in politics have foreign affiliates and overseas donors. By law, these groups must make sure no foreign funds are used to advocate for or against political candidates. What's more, foreign companies with United States divisions can create political action committees that accept donations from their U.S. employees.

Those foreign-connected PACs have contributed more than $12 million to political candidates this election cycle, with more than half going to Democrats, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan group that tracks political money. PACs must itemize and identify the source of all contributions more than $200.

The Associated Press: SPIN METER: Foreign money in politics? Not proven

Her donors may or may not be tainted, we will never know and that is an affront to our basic principles.

That question can be asked of any of the 400 other people running for Federal elected office this year. Why do you pose the question for Sharron Angle, but not your own Barbara Boxer?

Ok, that's fine just realize that foreign companies are making contributions for their best interest, not Americas.

There is no proof at this point that any foreign entity has contributed money to anyone's campaign this election cycle. The president and the Democrats making these accusations are doing so irresponsibly and recklessly as nobody has brought forth any evidence whatsoever that this is taking place. Furthermore, these PACs that have potential foreign connections have actually contributed more money to the Democrats this cycle than the Republicans.

To be sure, money that is segregated for other purposes can free legal funds for political uses.

But the chamber is hardly alone. A number of labor unions and advocacy groups that participate in politics have foreign affiliates and overseas donors. By law, these groups must make sure no foreign funds are used to advocate for or against political candidates. What's more, foreign companies with United States divisions can create political action committees that accept donations from their U.S. employees.

Those foreign-connected PACs have contributed more than $12 million to political candidates this election cycle, with more than half going to Democrats, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan group that tracks political money. PACs must itemize and identify the source of all contributions more than $200.

Listen, my issue isnt overseas donors its that the overseas donors money is going into the same account that they are using to make campaign contributions. it's impossible to say only American money is going to campaigns when all the money is in the same pot. That's a fair assesment am I right?

Listen, my issue isnt overseas donors its that the overseas donors money is going into the same account that they are using to make campaign contributions. it's impossible to say only American money is going to campaigns when all the money is in the same pot. That's a fair assesment am I right?

Lame. And wrong. You could not do that with any accounting for any reportable business or non-profit.

So you are alleging crimes.

Which the regime would prosecute if they felt existed. But they don't. They think they can get enough mileage with the ile.

This is absolutely astounding. I have never heard of a candidate not running for president raise this kind of money in that time span.

Former Nevada state Assemblywoman Sharron Angle (R) raised an eye-popping $14 million between July 1 and Sept. 30 for her challenge to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D), a stunning number that far eclipses the cash-collection totals of other prominent candidates seeking Senate seats next month.

"Sharron Angle produced one of the most successful single quarters of fundraising in the nation's history for a U.S. Senate campaign," said Angle communications director Jarrod Agen. "This is a testament to the hatred of Harry Reid, the nation's disapproval of President Obama, and the unprecedented grassroots support for Sharron Angle."

The Fix - Sharron Angle raised $14 million in 3rd quarter

I'll bet the vast majority of it comes from some corporation(s).

Make it snappy, drone. Show me where the money is one and the same.

Obama's or Biden's speeches are not a "source."

U.S. Chamber of Commerce foreign funds are mixed with political ad money New Mexico Independent

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s is a 501c(6) non-profit entity, which under tax law means its members are other organizations. In addition to its stateside members, the organization sets up member associations abroad, called AmChams, through which it collects dues and other donations. According to an explanation of the tax code given by the New York Times, all donations to a 501c(6) have to be funneled into its general fund, from which all of its activities–including political activity–are funded.

Now of course you have the option of dismissing this, the new york times and everyone else you dont want to believe, but there is the proof. Additionally the CC statement in response was "we have systems in place" to separate the money. Further proof from the CC that the funds are comingled...You are free to dismiss the Chamber as liars as well.

Forum List

Back