Shame on Ronald Reagan

I was born in 86.
I see your point but it doesnt change the fact he ruined it.
Conservatism now is NOT conservatism. Actual conservatism is dead. Just like liberalism.

You're not being very specific, so it's hard to know what you are referring to.

But one other thing about Regan was he prioritized defeating the Soviet Union over fiscal responsibility. It worked, he brought down the USSR. He noticed correctly that since our economy was 10 times as large, a 1% GDP increase in US spending was a 10% increase in USSR military spending. 1% is painful for us, but 10% to match it was devastating for them.

To get the 1% US spending Reagan gave the Democrats what they wanted in spending. You can disagree with Reagan, but it was his priority. In the end, taxes and spending doubled under Reagan, but so did the size of the economy. And brining down the USSR saved a ton of money

Yep, he really did that.

Now for the real truth, not just the half truth.

Timeline of Key Events in the History of Social Security
April 20, 1983: President Ronald Reagan signed into law sweeping changes to Social Security, based on recommendations of the National Commission on Social Security Reform (also known as the Greenspan Commission) aimed at shoring up the program's shaky financial footing. These included increasing the payroll taxes that fund Social Security; gradually raising the NRA to 67; and making 50 percent of Social Security benefits taxable for recipients with incomes above $25,000 for an individual and $32,000 for married couples filing jointly.

Even today, with William Jefferson Clinton raising the SS taxes even higher in 1992, the rich get screwed over royally when it come to Social Security. They pay in the most over their lifespan, get hardly any of it back, yet you Marxists dogs still hate the rich. Back under Clinton when there was serious talk about SS going bankrupt, because the Democrats were stealing from it, i started my own retirement plan and today i have over $500,000 coming in annually. Which of course makes me get less SS than some fucker who never paid in a dime.

I was born in 86.
I see your point but it doesnt change the fact he ruined it.
Conservatism now is NOT conservatism. Actual conservatism is dead. Just like liberalism.
Reagan was a people's president, just like Trump, the only problem with President Reagan, is that he had to work with Tipp (the liar) O'Neil and the senate demofascists of the time. He also had to fix all the problems the peanut farmer left him from the previous admin.

Load of unconstitutional bullshit. I would be way better off investing the money i pay into that program as I see fit.
So, instead, I get punished because so many people are irresponsible.
In fantasyland. In reality, it's perfectly constitutional. And it isn't just about the individual, but also about national security and overall standard of living and the economy in general. I know these concepts are like Herpes, to Randian twats.

In fantasyland. In reality, it's perfectly constitutional. And it isn't just about the individual, but also about national security and overall standard of living and the economy in general. I know these concepts are like Herpes, to Randian twats.
Where does the constitution give the fed govt the power to do that?

You're not being very specific, so it's hard to know what you are referring to.

But one other thing about Regan was he prioritized defeating the Soviet Union over fiscal responsibility. It worked, he brought down the USSR. He noticed correctly that since our economy was 10 times as large, a 1% GDP increase in US spending was a 10% increase in USSR military spending. 1% is painful for us, but 10% to match it was devastating for them.

To get the 1% US spending Reagan gave the Democrats what they wanted in spending. You can disagree with Reagan, but it was his priority. In the end, taxes and spending doubled under Reagan, but so did the size of the economy. And brining down the USSR saved a ton of money
I cant really disagree with any of that.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
And as a result, the economy and the stock market took off like a rocket. Thank you President Reagan.

Reagan did start a 20 year bull market, it was amazing.

As for Social Security, that was just a pure welfare program since no money was saved. Welfare programs are programs that take money out of taxpayer hands and redistribute the money to people who didn't earn it. Exactly like social security works

Social Security benefits are only taxed if you have other substantial income.

Even then, the maximum amount of your SS benefits which can be taxed is 85 percent.

You're welcome.

Thanks, rockin Trumpatar man!

Social Security is a welfare program. You idiots dependent on it never saved a dime. Today's taxpayers are paying for it out of our wallets just like we pay for every other welfare program. You lied you were going to save the money for benefits, and you saved exactly zero
Jokes on you, our SS is our "fun money".

1698880284088.png

Forum List

Back