Sex Offenders in Florida now have Warning Signs outside of their Homes

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Last week, 18 sex offenders in Bradford County, Florida, found large red signs outside their homes that read, "a convicted sexual predator... lives at this location." The Bradford County Police Department installed the signs.

child-molester-sign.gif

Last week, 18 sex offenders in Bradford County, Florida, found large red signs outside their homes that read, "a convicted sexual predator... lives at this location." The Bradford County Police Department installed the signs.

child-molester-sign.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to defend these people, but it makes me wonder when you have been considered to have done your punishment?
Unless it was part of the court sentence, how can the police do this?

Looks to me like the people of FLA are asking for trouble by targeting these folks.

I mean that may be their way of forcing those people to leave, but if they don't or cannot leave, then they sit there as targets.

Captain Brad Smith:

Florida statutes say that we must notify the public of any sex offenders in our jurisdiction. We already do that with Facebook and by going out into the area to notify people when the person first moves in, but we realized there was a possible issue with continued notification.

For instance, if somebody moves in after we've gone around notifying people, then they're not aware that there's a predator there. We're just trying to do everything we can to make the public aware.

And, in a certain sense, it protects the predator from having people, especially children, approaching their residence without being duly notified.

Sex Offenders in Florida Now Have Warning Signs Outside Their Homes | VICE United States

An old story. But still bullshit and an abuse of power. We must protect the rights of everyone, even the most loathsome members of society. For tyranny begins by oppressing the dregs and working its way up.

Don't fall for it. Protest these signs

An old story. But still bullshit and an abuse of power. We must protect the rights of everyone, even the most loathsome members of society. For tyranny begins by oppressing the dregs and working its way up.

Don't fall for it. Protest these signs
..........................................^^^^^^ You are an idiot :cuckoo:

There are many problems with this bull shit but imo, the biggest is that it takes so little these days to be labeled a sex offender for one's WHOLE LIFE.

Fact: People who have gone streaking at public gatherings like ball games, have been labeled sex offenders. What used to be a humorous fad, will now get you one of these signs in your yard for the rest of your life.

The signs are a warning for children Not to go near the perverts house or talk with him.

And a visual notification for the parents that there is a convicted and possibly still active sex offender in the neighborhood. .. :thup:

The signs are a warning for children Not to go near the perverts house or talk with him.

And a visual notification for the parents that there is a convicted and possibly still active sex offender in the neighborhood. .. :thup:

If the person's still a risk then he/she shouldn't be in the community.

Also, the signs don't say what the risk is.
As posted above it could be kiddy-fiddling or getting drunk and streaking across the street.

Sex offenders are treated worse than murderers. It really kind of boggles the mind.

I understand that there is a 'for the children!' aspect to it. Of course, not all sex offenders are pedophiles. And of course, murderers can also kill children.

And hey, what about thieves? Wouldn't you want to know if a convicted thief moves next to you, so you can take steps to protect your property?

What about drunk drivers? Don't you want to know if a convicted drunk driver lives next to you, so you can be more vigilant and protect 'the children'?

It's the inconsistency that really bothers me. Why do only sex offenders have this sort of treatment? If they are dangerous, keep them locked up. If they are not more dangerous than other criminals, why treat them differently?

Another example of how our justice system is broken, if someone is so dangerous that some special list needs to be made, why aren't they just kept locked up?

It's like the gun registry thing, totally uneccessary if we just kept criminals locked up....

Next thing you know liberals will just free all criminals and just have us put signs in front of their house: Convicted murderer: Beware.

Last edited:

As posted above it could be kiddy-fiddling or getting drunk and streaking across the street.

Or taking a leak on a tree in his backyard, because if someone saw it for even a moment it's a sex crime.

Or taking a leak on a tree in his backyard, because if someone saw it for even a moment it's a sex crime.
I seriously doubt those minor types of sex offender crimes merit a notification sign because they would be misdemeanor offenses.

It's the convicted felony pedophiles and rapists that need a sign in front of their house. .. :cool:

Forum List

Back