Sex offenders and drunk driving

I have never liked eggs. Something about waking up in the morning to fried bird embryos doesn't appeal to me.

dilloduck said:
Cracking down on drunk driving would alter "Americana" so drastically I can't even begin to enumerate the social, economic, medical, etc etc implications.
Wanna try to duke it out with the alcohol lobbyists for starters? Good luck!
Nice sentiment but Americans would rather accept the death and destruction than deal with a drunk driving prohibition. Just the facts maam.

Unfortunately, you are correct Dillo. It is a sad fact of life that drinking is not only socially acceptable, it is encouraged and seen as "cool."
The alcohol and tobacco lobbyists have a pretty good stranglehold on American life and culture. I am not against drinking. Or even getting shitfaced drunk, if you wish. Just don't drive a damn car, or appear outside of a drinking establishment. Get drunk at home, or have someone take you home.
Otherwise, drunk driving laws need to be stiffened immensely. Like I mentioned above.
Smoking is another incredibly disgusting byproduct of American culture that has no worthwhile social value. I am all for keeping tobacco legal, if they add $5 per pack to cover the costs of health care for people who eventually die of it.

Gabriella84 said:
Unfortunately, you are correct Dillo. It is a sad fact of life that drinking is not only socially acceptable, it is encouraged and seen as "cool."
The alcohol and tobacco lobbyists have a pretty good stranglehold on American life and culture. I am not against drinking. Or even getting shitfaced drunk, if you wish. Just don't drive a damn car, or appear outside of a drinking establishment. Get drunk at home, or have someone take you home.
Otherwise, drunk driving laws need to be stiffened immensely. Like I mentioned above.
Smoking is another incredibly disgusting byproduct of American culture that has no worthwhile social value. I am all for keeping tobacco legal, if they add $5 per pack to cover the costs of health care for people who eventually die of it.

When folks have to drink at home the entertainment and bar/restaurant industries industries will crash for starters. We definatley will have to make up for the lost tax revenues. Any suggestions on who to hit up next. And all the poor lawyers who will be out of a job because of discrimination against drinkers. You're a damn tyrant who just wants the world to live by your values !! :rotflmao:

They'd probably get some great results if they stopped treating alcohol as an excuse. It impairs judgement, but that's a forseeable outcome of consumption. If someone gets drunk and then gets behind the wheel of a car, he is putting the lives of everyone on the road in danger. Killing somebody is an expectable and forseeable outcome of driving drunk and, techically, fits the definition of murder by depraved indifference to human life. Putting somebody else's life on the line just so you can drive yourself home is pretty depraved. If drunk drivers started getting 15 to life for their first offense, I bet we'd see the rate drop.

Forum List

Back