Settlements only "illegal" for Jews

Hypocritical attacks on Israel are common, but Sarah Leah Whitson takes them to a new level. As Middle East and North Africa director of Human Rights Watch, she is one of the sharpest critics of the Jewish state’s presence in the West Bank, promoting boycotts and international prosecution for the supposed crimes of occupation and settlement. Yet elsewhere Ms. Whitson strongly supports settlements in occupied territories—suggesting that she and her colleagues don’t take their own legal claims against Israel seriously.

The settlements Ms. Whitson supports are in Nagorno-Karabakh, an area that was within the borders of post-Soviet Azerbaijan until 1994, when Armenia occupied the region after a protracted war. Since then, the Armenian leadership in Yerevan has actively encouraged the movement of settlers into the area.

Ms. Whitson, who is from an Armenian family, served as master of ceremonies at a 2018 fundraiser for the Armenian National Committee of America, a pro-settler charity that views Karabakh as an “integral part of the Armenian homeland.”

Source: A Selective Opponent of Settlers

The is only one of MANY examples where a double standard of "illegal settlements" is applied only to Israel.

Is this not a violation of GCIV 49 concerning the transfer of settlers to occupied territory? Why or why not? Also feel free to address Cyprus, Western Sahara, East Timor and other examples.

If you can prove that there is an objective standard here and Israel is not being singled out -- go for it. Otherwise? You are participating in a special standard for Israel.

American left:

Millions of Mexicans pour across US border to settle in the US which is praised by them and aided by them. Those that oppose them are bigots and haters.

A few Jews cross into West bank to settle and are considered criminals.

Only the insane American Left.

Who cares. Conquest is what matters otherwise New York would be controlled by Native Americans. Jews conquered their ancient homeland. Islamists outnumber them 1000 to 1 have em come and take it. I welcome the confrontation. Let’s see what happens.

Gaza is a pain in the ass. But its no threat. An independent West Bank would be no different (as long as Israel controls the Jordan valley.)
“Palestinians” aren’t happy. Why don’t they move? Real Estate in Syria is a bargain these days...
Why should they move from their homeland?
Because they are unhappy there. Many moved from their homelands to come to America and to other countries. Including my parents. Their homeland is run by corrupt terror regimes. Do I really have to explain this to you? My goodness. The Irish here don’t pine to return to Ireland and the Italians to Italy. “Palestinians” have many mostly Islamist countries to move to. Good luck.
Well then why don't the Jews who are unhappy with the Palestinians leave the occupied territories?? :dunno:

Who cares. Conquest is what matters otherwise New York would be controlled by Native Americans. Jews conquered their ancient homeland. Islamists outnumber them 1000 to 1 have em come and take it. I welcome the confrontation. Let’s see what happens.

Gaza is a pain in the ass. But its no threat. An independent West Bank would be no different (as long as Israel controls the Jordan valley.)
“Palestinians” aren’t happy. Why don’t they move? Real Estate in Syria is a bargain these days...
Because they are unhappy there. Many moved from their homelands to come to America and to other countries. Including my parents. Their homeland is run by corrupt terror regimes. Do I really have to explain this to you? My goodness. The Irish here don’t pine to return to Ireland and the Italians to Italy. “Palestinians” have many mostly Islamist countries to move to. Good luck.
Well then why don't the Jews who are unhappy with the Palestinians leave the occupied territories?? :dunno:

Because they are idealistic pioneers and don't want to abandon their ancestral and historic homeland. They are even willing to live uncomfortable lives amongst savages for that reason, and I admire them for that. They are certainly very brave.

Shusha why do you agree with this?

Because its true. Jews are NOT about to live where ever they wish.

Do you have a list of countries to which you are NOT PERMITTED TO TRAVEL? Because of your religious faith, your ethnicity or because you once visited Israel?

I DO. So do others posting here.

Check your privilege.

What privilege do I need to check?

My feeling is Jews should be allowed to live anywhere they wish. How is that a lie?

Do you have a list of countries to which you are NOT PERMITTED TO TRAVEL? Because of your religious faith, your ethnicity or because you once visited Israel?

Check your privilege.

My feeling is Jews should be allowed to live anywhere they wish. How is that a lie?

You said in your post #18:

As far as where Jews can live? They can live anywhere they want, just like any other ethnic group.

That statement is not true. It is a lie. Therefore, I agree with Dogmaphobe.

The privilege you need to check is the one which assumes that everyone experiences the world the way you do. And that your "feelings" of fairness somehow magically keep people like me and Dogmaphobe from experiencing discrimination based on our ethnicity or religious faith or places where we work.

IT IS MY OPINION. MY OPINION is that Jews SHOULD be able to live where they want! It is NOT a statement that they CAN. BUT THAT THEY SHOULD. It relates to my statements on refugees.

I do not and have never "magically" thought you, or blacks or Muslims or women do not experience discrimination. So check your own privilege. And don't assume Dogmaphobe is Jewish. He isn't. He's a white male that has issues with blacks and Muslims, he has his own "privilege" problems to deal with.
I am not the subject of this thread, but I might mention that ANY parent whose child was at the receiving end of racial abuse would want to protect them and hope the school system would do something about it. when posters say they are happy that my child was a victim of racial attacks, ANY poster would object. you sided with the poster who said he was glad my child was attacked, and so we disagree on the subject of my child and whether he deserves to be physically attacked for his skin color.

since you brought it up and all.

Now, as to the subject of this thread, which certainly isn't me, you support the dispersal of Arabs into Europe even as many of their countries do not even allow Jews to enter. for all your posturing about prejudice, you certainly do ignore the extremely high level of prejudice arising from your people.

Wow, your allegations about Coyote are certainly shocking.

Check your privilege.

Check your privilege.

As far as where Jews can live? They can live anywhere they want, just like any other ethnic group.

The privilege you need to check is the one which assumes that everyone experiences the world the way you do. And that your "feelings" of fairness somehow magically keep people like me and Dogmaphobe from experiencing discrimination based on our ethnicity or religious faith or places where we work.

IT IS MY OPINION. MY OPINION is that Jews SHOULD be able to live where they want! It is NOT a statement that they CAN. BUT THAT THEY SHOULD. It relates to my statements on refugees.

I do not and have never "magically" thought you, or blacks or Muslims or women do not experience discrimination. So check your own privilege. And don't assume Dogmaphobe is Jewish. He isn't. He's a white male that has issues with blacks and Muslims, he has his own "privilege" problems to deal with.
I am not the subject of this thread, but I might mention that ANY parent whose child was at the receiving end of racial abuse would want to protect them and hope the school system would do something about it. when posters say they are happy that my child was a victim of racial attacks, ANY poster would object. you sided with the poster who said he was glad my child was attacked, and so we disagree on the subject of my child and whether he deserves to be physically attacked for his skin color.

Now, as to the subject of this thread, which certainly isn't me, you support the dispersal of Arabs into Europe even as many of their countries do not even allow Jews to enter. for all your posturing about prejudice, you certainly do ignore the extremely high level of prejudice arising from your people.

She is a typical wealthy antisemite

RE: Settlements only "illegal" for Jews
⁜→ et al,

TERRITORIAL OVERSIGHT

◈ Settlements are on the Permanent Status of Negotiations and were agreed to and signed-off by Mahmoud Abbas. The Palestinians [especially the governement of Mahmoud Abbas (on behalf of the sole representative of Palestinians)] have never attempted to resolved the disputes by negotiations through the Joint Liaison Committee (also agreed to Mahmoud Abbas).

◈ Israel continues to carry the responsibility for defending against external threats, as well as the responsibility for overall security of Israelis for the purpose of safeguarding their internal security and public order; both agreed to by Mahmoud Abbas --- as well as encouraged by the international community.​
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 1.03.47 PM.png
What is really interesting today is that the Israelis are planning to double the population of the southern region (meaning the Negev Desert) by 2035 (if not by more).

The Negev Energy Project (NEP): Provide clean power solely from renewable energy to 60,000 "households" in Israel by 2020; cost is ≈ $1.1B and 4 sq km. With 10 such facilities [40 sq km @ ≈ $14B (the ≈ cost of the Aircraft Carrier CVN-78 Gerald R Ford)] could supply 600,000 "households" (≈ 1.5M people). That is twice the number of settlers in Area "C" settlements with clean and renewable energy within the possibility of current technology.

Using the current technology, an Israeli-made machine (called: "Genny") can produce 8-10 gallons of fresh drinking water from the air. Partnered with renewable energy projects, this could result in an entirely new residential family units going into the 21st Century.

Why mention these technologies. Simply because the Arab Palestinians deny themselves the potential for advancement because of the violence and renegade type of conduct they participate in on a daily basis.

Most Respectfully,
R

Check your privilege.

Check your privilege.

Well, let's keep this simple. If your child was the subject of racial abuse, I sympathize. No child, especially a child with disabilities, should ever be the subject of abuse. And no, I did not side with what you claim. What I said (and what your lying ass will never admit) - was if you USE your child to score racist points, you open yourself and your child to criticism. I abhor people who use their children for that purpose. Perhaps you can provide a link (you don't usually link to your claims do you).

However, I was basing my comments more on your overall posting history in racial issues.

Not sure what you mean by "high level of prejudice" from my people since my people themselves have had to deal with historic persecution - first as Mormans in a Christian dominated country, then as - Gentiles kicked out of the Morman church over a land dispute.

Aside from that - I support immigration. I don't sit down and set up some sort of bizarre moral calculus. When Syrians are fleeing the horrors of ISIS, I don't stop and think: well, there are ARAB countries who won't let Jews in, therefore we shouldn't let Muslims in, even if they are fleeing persecution.

In my view, and it is a very very strong view since it's been a part of my sig for many years - the St. Louis should serve as a reminder to us Americans, about how we SHOULD NOT act when it comes to immigrants.

It's pretty simple. And it should not matter what their race, religion or ethnicity is.

Last edited:
Different unhappiness. Like asking why people in Germany in the 30s didn’t leave as they hated Jews. Germans were the majority. Stop using your childish emojis. Grow up.

Have you considered growing up? Just wondering since your use of childish retorts indicates a lack of maturity. Go on then.

Different unhappiness? No. No one should be forced to leave their homeland against their will. You apply it to Jews, now show some of your vaunted maturity and apply it to non Jews as well.

Because they are idealistic pioneers and don't want to abandon their ancestral and historic homeland. They are even willing to live uncomfortable lives amongst savages for that reason, and I admire them for that. They are certainly very brave.

I can respect that. What I can't respect is that you can't seem to comprehend that the Palestinians have a similar love for their homeland, even in the face of hostile "settlers" who stone their children, attack their crops, and try to drive them out. They are certainly brave.

Maybe somewhere, there are some sane people who actually recognize the bravery and rights of both groups of natives.

Not holding my breath.

:lmao: Wealthy I'm not. You are full of ASSumptions...less so of actual debate skills.

Check your privilege.

Check your privilege.

Wow. Of course they are. Because they are false. But don't let that stop you from your circle jerk.

Different unhappiness. Like asking why people in Germany in the 30s didn’t leave as they hated Jews. Germans were the majority. Stop using your childish emojis. Grow up.

Have you considered growing up? Just wondering since your use of childish retorts indicates a lack of maturity. Go on then.

Different unhappiness? No. No one should be forced to leave their homeland against their will. You apply it to Jews, now show some of your vaunted maturity and apply it to non Jews as well.

I'll dumb it down for you. Jews in Israel are happy. Islamists in the WB and Gaza are unhappy. They should move. If Jews in Israel are unhappy they should move as well. Was that slow enough for your to understand? Take your time.

I can respect that. What I can't respect is that you can't seem to comprehend that the Palestinians have a similar love for their homeland, even in the face of hostile "settlers" who stone their children, attack their crops, and try to drive them out. They are certainly brave.

Maybe somewhere, there are some sane people who actually recognize the bravery and rights of both groups of natives.

Not holding my breath.

The real "Palestinian" are the Jews. That is what you do not comprehend. Amazingly. Grow up.

I'll dumb it down for you. Jews in Israel are happy. Islamists in the WB and Gaza are unhappy. They should move. If Jews in Israel are unhappy they should move as well. Was that slow enough for your to understand? Take your time.

No they shouldn't. It's their land.

Why should they have to move from their homeland?

Not holding my breath.

The real "Palestinian" are the Jews. That is what you do not comprehend. Amazingly. Grow up.

No. The real Palestinians are a mixed group of people, including the Jews.

Grow up ;)

:lmao: Wealthy I'm not. You are full of ASSumptions...less so of actual debate skills.

You're not wealthy? Shocking....did those pesky Jews take your $$$?

WTF are you talking about?

No they shouldn't. It's their land.

Why should they have to move from their homeland?

Why did Irish leave Ireland? Italians, Italy? Poles, Poland? Because they were unhappy. "Palestinians" bitch nonstop. Just leave. There are 50+ Islamist nations out there. Pick one. My parent left their homeland because they were unhappy. People leave their homeland frequently. Why are Mexicans leaving Mexico and coming here? Your argument is odd.

Not holding my breath.

No. The real Palestinians are a mixed group of people, including the Jews.

Grow up ;)

They are? Why was it a nomadic wasteland until the formation of Israel? Why is Israel more advanced than any mostly Muslim country? Hmmmm?

Typically people who rail against Israel as vehemently as you do generally blame the Jews for their lack of wealth too. What do you do for work in real life?

Typically people who rail against Israel as vehemently as you do generally blame the Jews for their lack of wealth too. What do you do for work in real life?

You continue to conflate criticism of Israel's policies with "railing against Jews". Will you ever learn to separate the two?

Jews (and Christians and Muslims and Hindus and Atheists) have zip to do with my financial circumstances. I hope that clarifies it for you but I doubt it as I'm sure this will continue to come up from your corner.

Forum List

Back