Sessions refused to say whether Trump asked him to hinder Russia probe

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Top Intel Dem: Sessions refused to say whether Trump asked him to hinder Russia probe

"The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee expressed concern Thursday after Attorney General Jeff Sessions declined to answer whether President Trump ever asked him to obstruct the ongoing investigation into Russian inference in the 2016 presidential election.

"I asked the attorney general whether he was ever instructed by the president to take any action that he believed would hinder the Russia investigation and he declined to answer the question," Rep. Adam Schiff told reporters after the closed-door meeting concluded.

"If the president did not instruct him to take any action that he believed would hinder the Russia investigation, he should say so. If the president did instruct him to hinder the investigation in any way, in my view, that would be a potentially criminal act and certainly not covered by any privilege," the California lawmaker continued."

Sessions is scared of a perjury charge--so he waffles.

Top Intel Dem: Sessions refused to say whether Trump asked him to hinder Russia probe

"The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee expressed concern Thursday after Attorney General Jeff Sessions declined to answer whether President Trump ever asked him to obstruct the ongoing investigation into Russian inference in the 2016 presidential election.

"I asked the attorney general whether he was ever instructed by the president to take any action that he believed would hinder the Russia investigation and he declined to answer the question," Rep. Adam Schiff told reporters after the closed-door meeting concluded.

"If the president did not instruct him to take any action that he believed would hinder the Russia investigation, he should say so. If the president did instruct him to hinder the investigation in any way, in my view, that would be a potentially criminal act and certainly not covered by any privilege," the California lawmaker continued."

Some of you people are just stupid and will fall for anything.

Why would Sessions be scared of a perjury charge? He's the fucking AG and perjury charges would have to come from his own office LOL it's why AG Eric Holder lied right to Congress and everyone on the planet knows it and the only thing that was done was " a vote to reprimand" which means nothing.

good god the instant analysis on limited information is amazing to me.

then again - this is like many posts. "i don't like xyz so here's a post i can get a dig in with"

U.S. attorney general Sessions evasive on Russia probe: congressman

Later, the intelligence committee met with Erik Prince, who founded the private military contractor Blackwater and was a supporter of Trump’s presidential campaign.

One focus of Thursday’s interview was expected to be a meeting Prince had in the Seychelles Islands in January, which some news reports later described as an effort to connect the incoming Trump administration with Moscow.

Prince, whose sister, Betsy DeVos, is Trump’s Secretary of Education, has said the Seychelles meeting had nothing to do with Trump.

The Republican-led committee is planning to publicly release the transcript of Prince’s closed hearing, described as “public in a closed setting.”

There is no plan to release a transcript from Sessions’ testimony.

And then there's Blackwater:
Blackwater Brass Rips ‘Spineless, Worthless’ Jeff Sessions

Multiple people formerly affiliated with the company had expected Sessions to take a different approach to the case, potentially ordering a review of the prosecution. But that hasn’t happened.

“Jeff Sessions is a big, giant wussy and never has there been a more spineless, worthless guy holding that chair than him,” said one former Blackwater official, who spoke anonymously because he said he feared retaliation. “I look at what Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch used to do to carry water for Obama, and holy moly, that’s an attorney general that you want on your side. He is—with the whole Russia thing—he’s worthless.”

then again - this is like many posts. "i don't like xyz so here's a post i can get a dig in with"

All information..available to us..is limited. In case you did not notice....I'm not the only one who shares in this analysis of Session's waffling..sorry you don't like it......not.

You amaze way too easily.

Why would Sessions be scared of a perjury charge? He's the fucking AG and perjury charges would have to come from his own office LOL it's why AG Eric Holder lied right to Congress and everyone on the planet knows it and the only thing that was done was " a vote to reprimand" which means nothing.

He won't always be the AG.

He doesn't have to be, there's a statute of limitations.

Besides the quite obvious fact that Sessions recused himself from anything Russia fairly early on and it's doubtful that he and Trump ever even had time to discuss it.

And also, don't forget that that bastion of integrity James Comey testified that Trump told him he wanted him to "get" anyone who colluded with the Russians.

Besides the quite obvious fact that Sessions recused himself from anything Russia fairly early on and it's doubtful that he and Trump ever even had time to discuss it.

And also, don't forget that that bastion of integrity James Comey testified that Trump told him he wanted him to "get" anyone who colluded with the Russians.

I don't doubt for a minute that Sessions has had to talk Trump out of doing some half-assed shit---and I understand he is caught between a rock and a hard place. If he tells all of the truth..he is disloyal..if he conceals..he is potentially a criminal.

All information..available to us..is limited. In case you did not notice....I'm not the only one who shares in this analysis of Session's waffling..sorry you don't like it......not.

suppose so. esp when you follow up with "i know i don't know enough to know but fuck it, ya know"?

people like you make up your minds about someones "crimes" based on whether you like them or not and then once your mind is made up with a total lack of information, you then shift information as it comes in to support your pre-determined views.

kinda funny AND amazing.

I think the Dem Party loves Sessions.

The proof - not one Dem klepto has been indicted yet....

I don't doubt for a minute that Sessions has had to talk Trump out of doing some half-assed shit---and I understand he is caught between a rock and a hard place. If he tells all of the truth..he is disloyal..if he conceals..he is potentially a criminal.

Who cares what you doubt? There isn't even any evidence that Trump may have done something illegal, let alone any proof .

Meanwhile you no doubt voted for a woman whom the FBI Director confirmed on national tv broke the law, but said no one would prosecute her for such.

suppose so. esp when you follow up with "i know i don't know enough to know but fuck it, ya know"?

people like you make up your minds about someones "crimes" based on whether you like them or not and then once your mind is made up with a total lack of information, you then shift information as it comes in to support your pre-determined views.

kinda funny AND amazing.

Wow..pretty good knee-jerk you got there-- Project much?

I did not say what you say I said..so who's the fool here again? You provide a classic case of just what you are accusing me of..making ridiculous assumptions about someone you know nothing about...misquoting his words in a juvenile attempt to prove some worthless point. None of us have complete information..that does not mean that there is not enough information to back up a post in a chat..as we can both see..the standard here..is pretty damn low.

Had you asked my opinion..you would find that I have followed the situation closely..and made up my mind accordingly--always subject to change as new information become available. But, of course, you did not....after all, what would be the fun in that, eh?

Who cares what you doubt? There isn't even any evidence that Trump may have done something illegal, let alone any proof .

Meanwhile you no doubt voted for a woman whom the FBI Director confirmed on national tv broke the law, but said no one would prosecute her for such.

Nope..wrong again..or still..not sure which. I voted for Evan Mcmullin--as a life-long Republican..I just could not stand either Clinton or Trump. My fantasy would be the two of them sharing a cell.

I don't think Trump colluded with Russia...I do think that he is a financial criminal..and I long for the day when the evidence comes to light. The fact that he is incompetent..and not all that bright--well--that's who America wanted.

And of course, I care for your opinion in just the same measure as you care for mine..not at all.

Suck it up Buttercup.

Forum List

Back