Service Dogs In Restaurants

a well trained service dog would probably just lay down and snooze while the guy ate.....you would not even know he was there.....
The dog was obviously well trained or he would have gotten riled up over all the yelling.
he looked like a great dane.....anyway the disabilities act says the restaurant can not refuse a service dog.....why didnt the manager take her aside and tell her that?....
Someone told her to get out. Which caused another outburst from Cray Cray woman.

Looks like the dog owners got offended and started something. They should have just let her leave.

are you suggesting that she wanted to LEAVE the restaurant but the dog lovers had her HOSTAGE?
I'm suggesting they said something to her as she explained in the video. Why would they care that she didnt like the dog?

they "said something" to her? ----quite a stretch there-----"they said something to her"
Yes. Cant you hear what she said in the video and they didnt deny?
I can't understand a word she is saying due to her screeching. And it wouldn't matter anyway. First time she opened her mouth to SCREAM would be enough for me.
Probably went something like this...

woman..."i dont want to eat here next to this dog. lets go"

dog owner...I approached you in a nice manner to explain federal law. ( she literally said this)

Typical low bred runnin' they mouth. If the guy with the black T-shirt was her boyfriend he might consider tossing her off a bridge.

Looks like the dog owners got offended and started something. They should have just let her leave.

are you suggesting that she wanted to LEAVE the restaurant but the dog lovers had her HOSTAGE?
I'm suggesting they said something to her as she explained in the video. Why would they care that she didnt like the dog?

they "said something" to her? ----quite a stretch there-----"they said something to her"
I can't understand a word she is saying due to her screeching. And it wouldn't matter anyway. First time she opened her mouth to SCREAM would be enough for me.

I got enough of it to know that she objected to the presence of a dog in the
restaurant------she screamed something about it being "nasty" which is a word
used by lots of people to indicate "dirty" or "disgusting" I feel uncomfortable
with a dog near me------or even in the house ------but in public I always TOLERATE
the situation ------without comment if it is a service dog

dog owner...I approached you in a nice manner to explain federal law. ( she literally said this)

yes----something wrong with that?

Normally there's signs about service dogs posted outside.

a well trained service dog would probably just lay down and snooze while the guy ate.....you would not even know he was there.....
The dog was obviously well trained or he would have gotten riled up over all the yelling.
he looked like a great dane.....anyway the disabilities act says the restaurant can not refuse a service dog.....why didnt the manager take her aside and tell her that?....
I dont think there was time nor if the law was an issue. The woman got up to leave and probably said something and the dog owner admitted she approached her to explain the law. She didnt have an issue with the law which is why she was leaving. She had an issue eating next to the dog. Not everyone is going love your dog like you do.

with a dog near me------or even in the house ------but in public I always TOLERATE
If you feel uncomfortable around dogs...then....meh. They are not dirty and nasty unless some schmuck has abused them or tossed them on the side of the road. Service dogs, just regular pets dogs..doesn't matter to me. I love them all. Maybe I am dirty and nasty too then. Good. I prefer dogs over people anyway.

?? never noticed

Thats insightful but it doesnt really have much to do with the issue in this case.

I dont think there was time nor if the law was an issue. The woman got up to leave and probably said something and the dog owner admitted she approached her to explain the law. She didnt have an issue with the law which is why she was leaving. She had an issue eating next to the dog. Not everyone is going love your dog like you do.
Then she could have left the snake head weaving and spittle flying at the door and kept her mouth shut. Instead, she flew into a rage.

If you feel uncomfortable around dogs...then....meh. They are not dirty and nasty unless some schmuck has abused them or tossed them on the side of the road. Service dogs, just regular pets dogs..doesn't matter to me. I love them all. Maybe I am dirty and nasty too then. Good. I prefer dogs over people anyway.

that's what a young man told me-----about 40 years ago------when I objected to the fact that his dog had LICKED
my sandwich ------actually leaving it WET. ----------so I threw the sandwich away and left. I think that the
young man was wrong

Then she could have left the snake head weaving and spittle flying at the door and kept her mouth shut. Instead, she flew into a rage.
I think she was PO'd the dog owner confronted her for wanting to leave. As a dog owner you have more responsibility in the matter to show yourself as a good ambassador instead of making it worse. She should have just ignored the woman instead of trying to explain the law to her especially when that wasnt the issue.

I think she was PO'd the dog owner confronted her for wanting to leave.

I think that YOU are engaging in VERY VERY CREATIVE SOPHISTRY

my dog would have snuck away and started visiting each table saying ..."hi im Yoki got anything up there you dont want?".....

I think she was PO'd the dog owner confronted her for wanting to leave.

I think that YOU are engaging in VERY VERY CREATIVE SOPHISTRY
I think your ability to understand what you read and hear comes and goes depending on how much alcohol you have digested.

that's what a young man told me-----about 40 years ago------when I objected to the fact that his dog had LICKED
my sandwich ------actually leaving it WET. ----------so I threw the sandwich away and left. I think that the
young man was wrong
Yes, the young man was not a very good trainer. Not the dogs fault. And I would have still ate my sandwich after removing the wet part.
Then again...I adore dogs. Love them. And NOBODY is going to holler at me over my dog and walk away without getting back what was dished. However...I no longer have a companion animal, so the point is moot. Just upsets me about shit like this. So....

/thread

?? never noticed

Many restaurants in Ft. Worth have those signs posted right between the No Firearms Allowed sign and the No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service sign.

If I were sitting next to the Dog and it started to scratch or shake it's self while I'm eating, that would be a problem

That's because you're sitting four inches off the floor. Might wanna climb out of that tank.

Forum List

Back