Seriously, What Good Are Polls After the 2016 Election?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
IF these polls had an ounce of legitimacy, then Clinton would be taking the oath of office as she was way ahead in the swing state polls the day of the election. She had a 98% chance of winning, and THEY WERE ALL WRONG! ! !

I personally have made it my life's oath to go to the grave lying to every pollster that calls me. Why? Because this is how the Oligarchs control our nation, in part. They need to have reliable polling to show them how well their dirty tricks and manipulation are affecting the public mind. So without accurate polling, the Oligarchs lose any reliable metric on how well their lies are paying off.

So not only is the question of poll reliability relevant, but also, WHY SHOULD WE HELP THEM TO BE RELEVANT?

2gvj9fm.png

IF these polls had an ounce of legitimacy, then Clinton would be taking the oath of office as she was way ahead in the swing state polls the day of the election. She had a 98% chance of winning, and THEY WERE ALL WRONG! ! !

I personally have made it my life's oath to go to the grave lying to every pollster that calls me. Why? Because this is how the Oligarchs control our nation, in part. They need to have reliable polling to show them how well their dirty tricks and manipulation are affecting the public mind. So without accurate polling, the Oligarchs lose any reliable metric on how well their lies are paying off.

So not only is the question of poll reliability relevant, but also, WHY SHOULD WE HELP THEM TO BE RELEVANT?

The snowflakes were not crying about the electoral college and Obama wasn't so concerned at Russian hacking when they thought Hillary had the election wrapped up through the electoral college. Funny how they were upset that Trump might not accept the results of the election.

When the pollster is of a biased view the results are useless. When the media hires partisan hacks it is no longer valid. Traditional media outlets deserve their slow death.

OK, if I might sorta drag this back to the OP question; WHAT GOOD ARE POLLS IN GENERAL WHEN THEY CAN GE THIS WRONG?

Take for example the polls that purportedly show that Americans are OK with 'Gay Marriage'; why is anyone believing that crap?

When are told polls show that most Americans favor gun control, why accept that as proof of anything other than the preference of the people that paid for the poll?

Why should anyone, especially DC political WHORES, and that is just about every elected official in DC, why should any of them put any confidence in polling whatsoever?

OK, if I might sorta drag this back to the OP question; WHAT GOOD ARE POLLS IN GENERAL WHEN THEY CAN GE THIS WRONG?

Take for example the polls that purportedly show that Americans are OK with 'Gay Marriage'; why is anyone believing that crap?

When are told polls show that most Americans favor gun control, why accept that as proof of anything other than the preference of the people that paid for the poll?

Why should anyone, especially DC political WHORES, and that is just about every elected official in DC, why should any of them put any confidence in polling whatsoever?

You know that most polls, but not all, are there to sway the message in certain direction. As long they're used for political purposes, they're not going to be relevant.

Here is example, remember Clinton's campaign against smoking. He used statistics brilliantly in his favor to get shitload of money for government advertising, and for most part it was working until someone else crunched the same numbers and presented different results.

To back his case, Clinton counted smoker who dies in car crash, homicide, suicide, as smoker related death, and with media backing him in his campaign everyone was on his side. However, ten years later, when stats were refreshed with new data, results were completely different. At that point, nobody cared, since Clinton was out of office.

The same is with polls today. Majority of pollsters are started or financed by political parties with single purpose to back their political candidate's agenda. Huffington Post is not pollster, but when they post idiocy as one above as "truth" people tend to believe they're "legitimate" and saying the truth.

Forum List

Back