CDZ Serious Question For Cruz Supporters

I don't think you understood my question.

It won't be the first time. How can Cruz beat Hillary if she beats Trump??

Greg
According to the polls, the media, the Democrats, and Cruz supporters, Trump cannot beat Hillary but Cruz can. Why then are the Democrats not going after Cruz to keep him from getting the nomination but instead throwing everything they have at Trump?

No. There are no polls, media or Democrats saying that Cruz can beat Hillary.

Here is a question for you. You raging idiot.

Since polls do say that Sanders does better than Hillary against all three GOP nuts, why are you hyper focused on Hillary?
This isn't the Flame Zone. Post reported.

You are right. My mistake. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings too badly
You're not a Cruz supporter so I'm not interested in anything you have to say. Please stop trolling this thread.

Easier target, SJ. Trump is many things but he is not a Politician. He would be many times better than Hilliary but that is a moot point if he can't beat her in a General. Cruz is safe Conservative even if he isn't as popular as Trump nor as likeable. Their Policies aren't that much different.

Greg
I don't think you understood my question.

It won't be the first time. How can Cruz beat Hillary if she beats Trump??

Greg
According to the polls, the media, the Democrats, and Cruz supporters, Trump cannot beat Hillary but Cruz can. Why then are the Democrats not going after Cruz to keep him from getting the nomination but instead throwing everything they have at Trump?
The Democrats don't have to throw anything at Trump right now, the Republicans will do that for them.
If they don't have to throw anything at him, why are they? And if Cruz is more likely to beat her, why do they not throw anything at him to prevent him from getting the nomination?

If Trump loses to Hillary in the general election and Cruz beats her, why is the left attacking Trump and not Cruz?

because they fear Trump. They know the can pretty much crush any normal republican...but Trump shut down hilary and her rapist husband when they attacked him on the women's issue. Any other republican faced with that same attack would have been on the ground crying.....

But if Cruz squeaks out a nomination.....they will turn on him too........
Exactly, that's my point. Trump should be getting the McCain treatment (say nice things about him so people will vote for him in the primaries, then turn on him AFTER he gets the nomination). If Cruz is the one they're worried about, and not Trump, why go after Trump. Cruz should be the one they attack now, BEFORE he gets the nomination. Instead, they're focused on taking out Trump.

If Trump loses to Hillary in the general election and Cruz beats her, why is the left attacking Trump and not Cruz?
I don't think all attacks are calculated political moves that come from fear... That may be the spin but for the most part, the attacks come from genuine disagreement of policy and actions. I hear the left attacking both trump and Cruz because both are hot air blowholes. They are pretty quiet about Kasich and he is the one polling the best against Hillary... The Rhinos are taking him out of the game though
Kasich is out of the game because there is no mathamatical way he can win. His only hope is a contested convention, and even that would be a hard sell to the voting public.

Give it up, S.J. The so-called "progressives" in this forum are not interested in reasoned debate; they only want to hear and post things that provide support for their emotional rationalizations.

Of course they fear Trump more than Cruz. It would be much easier to obfuscate Cruz's lofty rhetoric than it would be to defend against Trump's gut punches.

Last edited:
If Cruz is the one they're worried about, and not Trump, why go after Trump. Cruz should be the one they attack now, BEFORE he gets the nomination. Instead, they're focused on taking out Trump.
Everyone is missing the real reason here. The left is attacking Trump because they beleive he will be the nominee. They do not think there is any way for Cruz to pull this off. Maybe they are right, but if the polls in Wisconsin are correct, they have mis-judged by a lot. It looks, recently (the last week or so), as though Trump is imploding over "women's rights", if this trend continues look for the cross hairs to shift over to Cruz.

Give it up, S.J. The so-called "progressives" in this forum are not interested in reasoned debate; they only want to hear and post things that provide support for their emotional rationalizations.

Of course they fear Trump more than Cruz. It would be much easier to obfuscate Cruz's lofty rhetoric than it would be to defend against Trump's gut punches.
I know, and I'm not interested in any of their opinions. I guess they can't read the title "Question for CRUZ supporters".

If Cruz is the one they're worried about, and not Trump, why go after Trump. Cruz should be the one they attack now, BEFORE he gets the nomination. Instead, they're focused on taking out Trump.
Everyone is missing the real reason here. The left is attacking Trump because they beleive he will be the nominee. They do not think there is any way for Cruz to pull this off. Maybe they are right, but if the polls in Wisconsin are correct, they have mis-judged by a lot. It looks, recently (the last week or so), as though Trump is imploding over "women's rights", if this trend continues look for the cross hairs to shift over to Cruz.
That's true, they WILL shift their focus to whoever the nominee is, but if Trump is the easiest one to beat, they should be trying to take Cruz out instead of Trump. Right? I mean, they should be GLAD Trump is the frontrunner.

I don't think all attacks are calculated political moves that come from fear... That may be the spin but for the most part, the attacks come from genuine disagreement of policy and actions. I hear the left attacking both trump and Cruz because both are hot air blowholes. They are pretty quiet about Kasich and he is the one polling the best against Hillary... The Rhinos are taking him out of the game though
Post something recent from Hillary you would consider an attack on Cruz.
Carpet Bombing

Still waiting.
Hillary attacks republicans in general, lumps all the idiocracy she see's and bashes the party as a whole. Trump is an easy target because he is so divisive and inflammatory, plus he is the front runner so he has gotten some special attention. I don't think anybody from the left takes Cruz seriously. He would get destroyed in a general election.

Still waiting.
Hillary attacks republicans in general, lumps all the idiocracy she see's and bashes the party as a whole. Trump is an easy target because he is so divisive and inflammatory, plus he is the front runner so he has gotten some special attention. I don't think anybody from the left takes Cruz seriously. He would get destroyed in a general election.
Bingo! That's why they're not attacking him. They WANT him to be the nominee. They DON'T want Trump.

Kasich is out of the game because there is no mathamatical way he can win. His only hope is a contested convention, and even that would be a hard sell to the voting public.
Cruz is pretty much in the same boat. He's been running around talking about how Kasich should drop because he has no mathematical chance... first off that BS, second, Cruz is about to have the same math.

Still waiting.
Bingo! That's why they're not attacking him. They WANT him to be the nominee. They DON'T want Trump.
Agreed, trump has better chance than Cruz to win in the general, although it's not a good chance at all. The thought of either as president scares the Rhino out of me

Still waiting.
Agreed, trump has better chance than Cruz to win in the general, although it's not a good chance at all. The thought of either as president scares the Rhino out of me
LOL. Thanks for the honest responses. I think you're right about Cruz, he would be a piece of cake to destroy in the general. I don't think he would stand a snowball's chance in hell. But I think Trump could destroy Hillary. He would hammer away at her corruption and her husband's. I don't see how she could counter his attacks since she has more baggage.

Cruz is pretty much in the same boat. He's been running around talking about how Kasich should drop because he has no mathematical chance... first off that BS, second, Cruz is about to have the same math.

"Looking first at the Republican race, here’s the latest poll from Fox Business:
1. Ted Cruz: 42%
2. Donald Trump: 32%
3. John Kasich: 19%
Public Policy Polling shows a much closer race, though Cruz is still in the lead:
1. Ted Cruz: 38%
2. Donald Trump: 37%
3. John Kasich: 17%"

From Latest polls bring Wisconsin primary into focus

FOX BusinessFOX Business 3/28 - 3/30 Cruz +10
PPP (D)*PPP (D)* 3/28 - 3/29 Cruz +1
MarquetteMarquette 3/24 - 3/28 Cruz +10
0ptimus (R)*0ptimus (R)* 3/22 - 3/24 Trump +2
EmersonEmerson 3/20 - 3/22 Cruz +1
Free Beacon (R)Free Beacon (R) 3/19 - 3/20 Cruz +5
All Wisconsin Republican Presidential Primary Polling Data

From RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Wisconsin Republican Presidential Primary

"A poll released Wednesday by Marquette University Law School showed Mr. Cruz leading the Republican field with 40 percent and Mr. Trump with 30 percent, a reversal from a month earlier when Mr. Trump held a 10-point lead. Gov. John Kasich of Ohio was third, with 21 percent.

A Cruz victory will suggest that a backlash against Mr. Trump has set in..."

From http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/01/us/politics/wisconsin-primary-republican-race.html?_r=0
The polls would seem to disagree with you.

Still waiting.
LOL. Thanks for the honest responses. I think you're right about Cruz, he would be a piece of cake to destroy in the general. I don't think he would stand a snowball's chance in hell. But I think Trump could destroy Hillary. He would hammer away at her corruption and her husband's. I don't see how she could counter his attacks since she has more baggage.
It would be a dirty dirty fight, thats for sure... I can't imagine it getting worse than whats going on now, but I know it will if Trump and Clinton face off. Two close friends turned enemy squaring off for prez... Almost sounds like a reality show

Still waiting.
Not so sure you are correct there.
2016 General Election: Cruz vs. Clinton - Polls - HuffPost Pollster
2016 General Election: Trump vs. Clinton - Polls - HuffPost Pollster
These two graphs would indicate to me that your assertion is in doubt. Looks to me like Cruz is shrinking the gap, while Trump is polling worse and worse.

"Looking first at the Republican race, here’s the latest poll from Fox Business:
Public Policy Polling shows a much closer race, though Cruz is still in the lead:

From RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Wisconsin Republican Presidential Primary

"A poll released Wednesday by Marquette University Law School showed Mr. Cruz leading the Republican field with 40 percent and Mr. Trump with 30 percent, a reversal from a month earlier when Mr. Trump held a 10-point lead. Gov. John Kasich of Ohio was third, with 21 percent.

From http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/01/us/politics/wisconsin-primary-republican-race.html?_r=0
The polls also say that Kasich destroy's both dem's and Trump/Cruz lose... So why are people not rallying around that? Answer: because people don't really care about the polls. According to the polls last election Romney would be president. Sampling a few hundred people isn't very reliable... Esp. when your in April talking about a hypothetical general election.

You make a good point. If there is a backlash against Trump, wouldn't that be bad news for the Dems, since Trump is the one who would be easier to beat? That being the case, they should be attacked Cruz so he doesn't bring Trump down.

Forum List

Back