CDZ Serious Question For Cruz Supporters

He can't win the 1237 delegates prior to the convention, but Cruz is just about at that point as well. Kasich has the best case IMO to win at a contested convention... Esp if he gains late momentum
Karl Rove would seem to disagree with you, and I would put a lot more weight in his opinion over yours.
"And a fresh face might be the thing that could give us a chance to turn this election and win in November against Hillary."
Karl Rove in an interveiw with Hugh Hewitt.
Karl Rove On The State Of Play Re: The Contested Convention « The Hugh Hewitt Show
Haha, Karl Rove was the one all over Fox last election talking about how Romney had it in the bag. And isn't he leading an anti trump super pac? That guy just plays politics, I wouldn't listen to a word he says
SO, you are smarter than him, how arrogant of you.
When did I say that? How about you stick to the topic. You're not making sense
Just because you lack the reading comprehension skills, and/or general cognitive ability, to follow what I say, does not mean I am not making sense. Further, I was simply responding to your posts, therefore I was on topic, IMO.
Ah, the ol "idiot" insult how clever of you. What doesn't make sense and is off topic was you taking my comment about Rove being a partisan politics game player who isn't objective and honest in his analysis and turning it into me saying that I'm smarter than him. I never said that or even implied it and it has nothing to do with what we are talking about

You said,"That guy just plays politics, I wouldn't listen to a word he says". How does that not imply you are smarter than he? It is obvious to me, from your statement, that you put no weight in Mr. Rove's opinion. The way to say it, indicates to me that you beleive he is not smart enough to understand an articulate opinions better than you. Or where you simply implying that you listen to some other, un-named, pundit?

I'm still waiting for a Cruz supporter to explain why they think the Democrats are targeting Trump in the primaries instead of Cruz if they think Trump would be easier to beat.

You said,"That guy just plays politics, I wouldn't listen to a word he says". How does that not imply you are smarter than he? It is obvious to me, from your statement, that you put no weight in Mr. Rove's opinion. The way to say it, indicates to me that you beleive he is not smart enough to understand an articulate opinions better than you. Or where you simply implying that you listen to some other, un-named, pundit?
I think he is plenty smart and knows exactly what he is doing. I do not think he is honest in his analysis as he is trying to progress an agenda. Same goes for most politicians and pundants, esp Ted Cruz... Very smart guy, but very manipulative and lopsided with is messages. May work for a small fraction of people but I think most see right through that shit.

I think he is plenty smart and knows exactly what he is doing. I do not think he is honest in his analysis as he is trying to progress an agenda. Same goes for most politicians and pundants, esp Ted Cruz... Very smart guy, but very manipulative and lopsided with is messages. May work for a small fraction of people but I think most see right through that shit.
And now I understand why you think Mr. Rove is dishonest.
And the truth shall set you free....

If Trump loses to Hillary in the general election and Cruz beats her, why is the left attacking Trump and not Cruz?
Trump gives them more ammunition than Cruz that shooting from the hip like Trump loves to do is a double edged sword it makes you look like your not the typical politician but it also increases your chances of foot in mouth moments.

If Trump loses to Hillary in the general election and Cruz beats her, why is the left attacking Trump and not Cruz?
Trump gives them more ammunition than Cruz that shooting from the hip like Trump loves to do is a double edged sword it makes you look like your not the typical politician but it also increases your chances of foot in mouth moments.
I realize that but I'm not asking the question because I don't know the answer. I'm asking it because I don't think the Cruz supporters know the answer.

I realize that but I'm not asking the question because I don't know the answer. I'm asking it because I don't think the Cruz supporters know the answer.
I think everyone knows the answer.

Everyone but the Cruz supporters, apparently.

As a Cruz supporter, I gave you the answer. You just disagree or don't like it. That is different from not knowing the answer.

The ‘left’ isn’t ‘attacking’ anyone – stating the fact that both Trump and Cruz are wrong on the issues isn’t to ‘attack,’ it’s stating the fact that neither have any business being president.

Dear C_Clayton_Jones
1. I agree that arguing someone like Trump is not prepared to serve in certain capacities of executive office is not "an attack" on the person personally.
2. But calling someone like Cruz "Crazy" or calling TeaParty and conservatives NAMES like
"rightwing nutjob" "nutters" "teapers or teabaggers" that is the SPIRIT of bullying and attack.

Most of it is in the SPIRIT but you're right it also reflects in the words we choose,
whether we target the PERSON for Demeaning or Rejection; or the PROBLEM OR CONFLICT that needs to be CORRECTED, regardless how we might feel or think about the person.

When we address each other inclusively and mutually as PEERS we tend to focus on CORRECTION. So that is a HUGE difference if we come across as bullying Destructively or criticizing Constructively.

When we start dividing and conquering by associating each other with GROUPS
that's when the collective perceptions and attacks start, like gang wars fighting to tear down and dominate turf. Just because both sides do it, doesn't make it justified. It just makes both sides equally at fault, and reinforces how it is both sides mutual responsibility to change this destructive dynamic that wastes so much of our time energy and resources in conflict without solving anything.

We do better breaking down these political walls and barriers and addressing each other
as equal citizens empowered to resolve our own grievances and issues by supporting solutions not attacks.

Especially if we disagree with Trump's "easy answer" to build a symbolic wall,
we shouldn't be in the business of building walls thinking that's going to solve anything either.

Liberals especially should be held to stick to our principles of "inclusion of diversity" and "respect for all persons regardless
of class, creed or status." If Liberals can't be inclusive, then we are shooting ourselves in the foot by defeating our own arguments.

Last edited:
As a Cruz supporter, I gave you the answer. You just disagree or don't like it. That is different from not knowing the answer.
Your answer tells me you're either in denial about Cruz's chances of winning in the general or that you didn't understand the question.

Your answer tells me you're either in denial about Cruz's chances of winning in the general or that you didn't understand the question.
You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine.
Seeing as noone is answering your question to your satisfaction, maybe you could enlighten us all with your wisdom and insight.

Seeing as noone is answering your question to your satisfaction, maybe you could enlighten us all with your wisdom and insight.
I did. So did Slade and so did you (accidentally). You just don't realize it.

Last edited:
So, we agree. Why are you continuing to say I was wrong then?

So, we agree. Why are you continuing to say I was wrong then?
Because you changed your correct answer.

Forum List

Back