Serbia, Roma, stateless, Kosovo

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
Ok but what strikes me is that Serbia gets the blame and is portrayed as if it were anti-Roma or racist "Serbias stateless Roma struggle... " but that those are from Kosovo and it is obvious that they should actually get documents from Kosovo is not mentioned anywhere, and me I think it's because the Albanians or Kosovo wouldn't even take in the Roma there. But that is not mentioned at all. Im a Voivodina Serbia Roma and always had birthdocuments, Identity Card, Passport everything, was never stateless.

Ok but what strikes me is that Serbia gets the blame and is portrayed as if it were anti-Roma or racist "Serbias stateless Roma struggle... " but that those are from Kosovo and it is obvious that they should actually get documents from Kosovo is not mentioned anywhere, and me I think it's because the Albanians or Kosovo wouldn't even take in the Roma there. But that is not mentioned at all. Im a Voivodina Serbia Roma and always had birthdocuments, Identity Card, Passport everything, was never stateless.

I marched with the Kosovan Albanians in Pristina a year before independence.

The Kosovan Albanians had suffered under the Serbs. They made up 90% of the population in Kosovo, but every company had to employ 50/50 Serb/Kosovan Albanian. So clearly there were going to be a lot of problems for the Kosovan Albanians. Education was forced on them in Serbian language, so many took their kids out of school. Then Milosevic attempted to either ethnically cleanse them or commit genocide against them.

Kosovo is still a poor country. It's 104th in the world (more or less) for GDP per capita, at about $5,000. Kosovo is attempting to rebuild itself and its priorities are probably not with the Roma.

The Kosovan Albanians had suffered under the Serbs. They made up 90% of the population in Kosovo, but every company had to employ 50/50 Serb/Kosovan Albanian. So clearly there were going to be a lot of problems for the Kosovan Albanians. Education was forced on them in Serbian language, so many took their kids out of school. Then Milosevic attempted to either ethnically cleanse them or commit genocide against them.

Kosovo is still a poor country. It's 104th in the world (more or less) for GDP per capita, at about $5,000. Kosovo is attempting to rebuild itself and its priorities are probably not with the Roma.
So Kosovo albanians are more important humans then roma to you

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

What if i say exactly the same as you just replace roma with jews?

So Kosovo albanians are more important humans then roma to you

This isn't about ME. This is about understanding why things happen. The Kosovan Albanians are going to try and build up their country. They could worry about the Roma, or they could worry about being economically strong enough that the Serbs won't INVADE.

Which do you think is at the top of THEIR priority?

This isn't about ME. This is about understanding why things happen. The Kosovan Albanians are going to try and build up their country. They could worry about the Roma, or they could worry about being economically strong enough that the Serbs won't INVADE.

Which do you think is at the top of THEIR priority?
What if i say exactly the same as you just replace roma with jews

What if i say exactly the same as you just replace roma with jews?

Yes. I try and understand why people do things. Doesn't mean I LIKE or SUPPORT why they do this.

If you had to put your way of life on the line, you're more likely to do it for your own.

Yes. I try and understand why people do things. Doesn't mean I LIKE or SUPPORT why they do this.

If you had to put your way of life on the line, you're more likely to do it for your own.
So in Kosovo only albanians have rights just replace roma with jews

You support what they do or you would tell them not to do it i mean the us bombed serbia iraq Afghanistan if they do not support it they would say so

I generally don't tell other countries what to do. I mean, I'm not a government official, I have no power. I live where I live, I get on with my life.

I have my fundamental principles, such as self determination, and also that all people should be treated fairly.

But I'm also realistic. Most countries treat others badly. I've seen China rise up out of poverty with quite strict laws, limited freedoms and people are now better off there than if they had had more freedom.

I could tell Kosovo to accept gay marriage, treat all people equally, are they going to give a damn? No. Because they have to try and sort out their first problem which is the economy.

You live in Austria, when I lived in Austria Jorg Haider was in charge in the region I lived in. Did I go around telling Austrians that they shouldn't elect a Nazi lover? No. I just joked about the guy. But Carinthians are quite right wing, they do what they do (skiing, getting naked and swimming in lakes generally).

You can bring the plight of the Roma to the attention of people. But most people aren't going to care because a lot of people think the Roma have brought this situation upon themselves. They need to be more pragmatic and realistic. They need to see how modern life is and work with it, like everyone else.

I generally don't tell other countries what to do. I mean, I'm not a government official, I have no power. I live where I live, I get on with my life.

I have my fundamental principles, such as self determination, and also that all people should be treated fairly.

But I'm also realistic. Most countries treat others badly. I've seen China rise up out of poverty with quite strict laws, limited freedoms and people are now better off there than if they had had more freedom.

I could tell Kosovo to accept gay marriage, treat all people equally, are they going to give a damn? No. Because they have to try and sort out their first problem which is the economy.

You live in Austria, when I lived in Austria Jorg Haider was in charge in the region I lived in. Did I go around telling Austrians that they shouldn't elect a Nazi lover? No. I just joked about the guy. But Carinthians are quite right wing, they do what they do (skiing, getting naked and swimming in lakes generally).

You can bring the plight of the Roma to the attention of people. But most people aren't going to care because a lot of people think the Roma have brought this situation upon themselves. They need to be more pragmatic and realistic. They need to see how modern life is and work with it, like everyone else.
But you could protest in Pristina for independence

But you could protest in Pristina for independence

I didn't say I was protesting. I was there. I marched with them. Purely coincidental, I arrived in Pristina that Saturday and I was in Kosovo two days.

But then again I support a people's right to self determination. So, yes, I agreed with what they were marching for.

I didn't say I was protesting. I was there. I marched with them. Purely coincidental, I arrived in Pristina that Saturday and I was in Kosovo two days.

But then again I support a people's right to self determination. So, yes, I agreed with what they were marching for.
So you do not agree with roma rights or you would say so you do support it what is happening and nothing happens without the approval of the US

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
So you do not agree with roma rights or you would say so you do support it what is happening and nothing happens without the approval of the US

I'm confused. Do you think I'm the US government or something?

Forum List

Back