Russian forces withdraw from Antonov airport

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

I remember that this was the beginning of the Russian invasion. I thought this was the beginning of the end of Ukraine. You capture the air, you capture the country. Well, that appears to not be the case with the poor Russian military.

I am sure these soldiers will be redeployed, but to think, they are walking away from one of their first major captures. If this is signs of things to come, Putin is in Big Trouble. He has shown the Russian military to be a "toothless tiger." He can threaten and wave his arms about nukes, but his army cannot fight a traditional war.

I remember that this was the beginning of the Russian invasion. I thought this was the beginning of the end of Ukraine. You capture the air, you capture the country. Well, that appears to not be the case with the poor Russian military.

I am sure these soldiers will be redeployed, but to think, they are walking away from one of their first major captures. If this is signs of things to come, Putin is in Big Trouble. He has shown the Russian military to be a "toothless tiger." He can threaten and wave his arms about nukes, but his army cannot fight a traditional war.

If Russia ends up having to pay reparations, then there needs to be a part of that sufficient and specifically set aside to rebuild the AN225 that they broke. And for good measure, also enough to finish out the second, never-finished AN225.

If Russia ends up having to pay reparations, then there needs to be a part of that sufficient and specifically set aside to rebuild the AN225 that they broke. And for good measure, also enough to finish out the second, never-finished AN225.
They need to pay more than reparations. They need to pay for war crimes not seen in decades. They have committed atrocities that cannot go unpunished.

The Russian army took the airport and destroyed everything. Control towers, aircraft hangers, maint. facilities, everything.
There wasn't any military advantage to continue securing the airport, so they abandoned it and moved on. .... :cool:

Sunni Man....are you Pootin? I have never seen anyone on USMB defend a murderer like you do.

Are the Ukranians in control of the airport?

Are the Ukranians in control of the airport?
The aerials do not indicate that. They show protective mounds that the Russian dug around their positions. But with the Russian gone, it would stand to reason that the Ukrainians would move back in.

The question is, are these troops being redeployed to east Ukraine and many suspect, or has Russia just given up on taking the capitol? If the later is the case, the country will not fall to Pootin. Is he intent on partitioning Ukraine, ala North and South Korea?

Pootin has made a monumental miscalculation. It could lead to the end of his brutal regime. If he loses support of the powerful Oligarchs, he could just disappear one day. The world would be better off.

I don't trust anything our media or the Ukraine propaganda says.
But I've found that Putin and the Russian media to be fairly reliable in what they tell the public about the military situation in Ukraine. ... :thup:

I don't trust any news that come out of this war.

So there.:dunno:
Correction

You don't trust any news coming out of this war that puts Pootin or Russia in bad light. Pootin is becoming a "laughing stock." He is sitting in the Kremlin just gloating over the lies that he is being fed about Russia's successes in Ukraine. He has allowed an army that is a fraction the size of his to make Russia look incompetent.

Call your comrades in Moscow and tell them Pootin is becoming the best source for jokes on late night TV in the US. Maybe it is time for him to take his shirt off again and hop on a horse....you know some manly, studdly thing...:auiqs.jpg:

I don't trust anything our media or the Ukraine propaganda says.
But I've found that Putin and the Russian media to be fairly reliable in what they tell the public about the military situation in Ukraine. ... :thup:

And when did the Russian media tell you that the Russian army was hightailing it from Kyiv?

:dunno:

I'm betting never!

LOL

And when did the Russian media tell you that the Russian army was hightailing it from Kyiv?

:dunno:

I'm betting never!

LOL
Sunni Man is as clueless and anyone I have ever seen on USMB. And I have been here a LONG time.

Forum List

Back