S'enough to make me wanna move to Georgia!

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
Ga. governor signs 'guns everywhere' into law

It's legal for licensed gun owners in Georgia to pack heat in bars, schools, churches and some government buildings.Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal, a Republican, on Wednesday signed the state's "Safe Carry Protection Act," which critics dubbed the "guns everywhere bill," in north Georgia, on the edge of the Chattahoochee National Forest and Cohutta Wilderness area.
"Our state has some of the best protections for gun owners in the United States. And today we strengthen those rights protected by our nation's most revered founding document," Deal said in signing the bill.

:clap2:

It sure beats Illinois' program where you shell out over $200 for 16 hours of instruction, then fork over $150 to the state for a 5 year permit.

That's a lot of shellin' an' forkin'.

It sure beats Illinois' program where you shell out over $200 for 16 hours of instruction, then fork over $150 to the state for a 5 year permit.

That's a lot of shellin' an' forkin'.

That'd be enough money for a decent handgun here in my neck of the woods.

An untrained person packing heat is almost as dangerous as an armed perp.......

Just sayin.....

note: this law is aimed at registered/licensed gun owners

:cool:

Still doesn't mean they're well trained.

I've owned guns for years but I wasn't well trained till I went through counter-terrorist training.

True....true

But, at least in Florida, to get a CWP you must have some training
And I'll take that kind of training (short of counter-terrorism training) over a thug holding a 9mm sideways anyday

I've owned guns for years but I wasn't well trained till I went through counter-terrorist training.

True....true

But, at least in Florida, to get a CWP you must have some training
And I'll take that kind of training (short of counter-terrorism training) over a thug holding a 9mm sideways anyday

I fired thousands of rounds.

Not many can afford that. Ammo is too expensive to get really well trained.

So, when a terrorist approaches your counter you'll be ready for him?

I've learned that terrorists are sneaky bastards. They usually attack weaknesses. If they know you're ready for them they'll figure a way to get you when you aren't ready.

Best way to fight terrorism is to cut off their money. Cutting off foreign aide, stop giving to Middle-Eastern aide organizations, and stop buying their oil.

Forum List

Back