Senator Max Baucus : Redefining "The Public Option"

Address each issue individually rather than passing a behemoth legislative boondoggle. There are issues with our current health care system so lets sort them out individually and begin to address them with logic & reason. The problem with this issue and so many others is that many like to create a "Crisis" atmosphere so they can rapidly shove their agendas down out throats. Both parties do this. We should simply take our time and sort out each issue individually. Enough of all this fear mongering "Crisis" stuff. These massive spending bills never work out well in the end. Should people be forced to have health insurance and suffer punitive measures if they don't? It's a question well worth asking and should be addressed individually on its own. They're simply presenting way too much way too fast. It's all about the "Crisis" in the end. Lets be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. Lets preserve our basic freedoms as we move towards fixing our health care system. Questioning is a good thing in the end.

IF Bush and the GOP Congress had taken this "step" approach, perhaps we wouldn't be in this "crisis". Why did they do NOTHING?

service manager for what industry? Government?

And you can claim my assertions are out there, and use childish emoticons, but that seems to be the response when you have zero to add unfortunately.

How many Republican government employees do you people know? Who writes 99% of all legislation in this nation, state and federal? Let me guees, Bush? ;)

What exactly is your point?

doctors take an oath to do all they can do, to save your life or get you well....that will not change....unless you support changing the Hippocratic oath for Doctors?

Last edited:
My point is you are a government worker, so that explains your blatant pro-government bias, and why it's difficult to get anything worthwhile for the human race from you. It helps put you into perspective.

Note to self, ignore VaYank. Can not be honest. Corrupt.

In my HUMBLE opinion, there has never been a proposal for "government takeover", so I have never truly understood the concern there.

No...no proposal for government takeover.......but as a business owner still licking my wounds of a recession, I will certainly turn to the public option for my employees....and I am sure many others will as well.......and it will be a matter of time before the insurance companies will struggle to compete while still making a profit for the shareholders....

So no...no government takeover....but even Obama siad that he supports a single payer system...but that it will take time...as lomg as 15 years....for it to be acheived.

SO I see this as the groundwork...and it concerns me.

While I do see your concerns and understand them, in my mind, there is OBVIOUSLY money to be made in private health insurance, even IF there is a public option. Do you honestly see ALL private insurers simply throwing their hands up and closing the doors?

Just so you know, NONE of the private insurors can direct the federal reserve board to print them some money nor can they send IRS goons to confiscate the people's property. SO Vern, WHERE is the money going to come from?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

AGAIN, Libo, I ask....how do you suggest we do this?

A little bit at a time.

I would start with eliminating the need for defensive medicine with tort reform.

This is based an ASSUMPTION that all preventive medecine is practiced from a defensive standpoint, and I don't think all of it is. I JUST had a CT scan for my headaches. Was that preventive or defensive or diagnostic?

No...yours was diagnostic.

Defensive medicine has nothing to do with preventive medicine. Defensive medicine is "covering all loopholes".

People sue NOT for mnisdiagnosis....but for not diagnoising something that was not being looked for to begin with.

You have a headache...doc says it is your sinuses since you have a cold. You go home, headache disappears when cold disappears.
A week later your ear falls off. Doc is sued for not checking your ear when you complained about a headache. Insurance comapny decides it is cheaper to settle than it is to defend.

And next time the insurance company tells the doc to check EVERYTHING when a patient has a headache.

Yes...rediculous example.....but that is what defensive medicine is all about.

Actually George Bush did sign massive health care spending bills into Law as President. This fact is always conveniently over-looked by the usual suspects on both sides. All i'm saying is that they need to stop with this fear mongering "Crisis" rhetoric. They need to deal with each issue individually and not force this massive legislative boondoggle on us. Who's going to actually read this entire legislation? No one on either side is going to and that is the sad reality. They need to slow down and use more logic & reason and stop with all this fear mongering "Crisis" stuff. Hey i know they're not going to listen to me though and will go on to pass this colossal spending disaster. I actually stopped expecting them to listen to the people a long time ago. :(

In my HUMBLE opinion, there has never been a proposal for "government takeover", so I have never truly understood the concern there.

No...no proposal for government takeover.......but as a business owner still licking my wounds of a recession, I will certainly turn to the public option for my employees....and I am sure many others will as well.......and it will be a matter of time before the insurance companies will struggle to compete while still making a profit for the shareholders....

So no...no government takeover....but even Obama siad that he supports a single payer system...but that it will take time...as lomg as 15 years....for it to be acheived.

SO I see this as the groundwork...and it concerns me.

While I do see your concerns and understand them, in my mind, there is OBVIOUSLY money to be made in private health insurance, even IF there is a public option. Do you honestly see ALL private insurers simply throwing their hands up and closing the doors?

Just so you know, NONE of the private insurors can direct the federal reserve board to print them some money nor can they send IRS goons to confiscate the people's property. SO Vern, WHERE is the money going to come from?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

My point is you are a government worker, so that explains your blatant pro-government bias, and why it's difficult to get anything worthwhile for the human race from you. It helps put you into perspective.

Note to self, ignore VaYank. Can not be honest. Corrupt.

While I can see that you make up your mind based on well, NOTHING, I'll just put it out there, that I do not, nor have I ever worked for the government. I WAS a dependent until I turned 18, but don't think that counts.

Actually George Bush did sign massive health care spending bills into Law as President. This fact is always conveniently over-looked by the usual suspects on both sides. All i'm saying is that they need to stop with this fear mongering "Crisis" rhetoric. They need to deal with each issue individually and not force this massive legislative boondoggle on us. Who's going to actually read this entire legislation? No one on either side is going to and that is the sad reality. They need to slow down and use more logic & reason and stop with all this fear mongering "Crisis" stuff. Hey i know they're not going to listen to me though and will go on to pass this colossal spending disaster. I actually stopped expecting them to listen to the people a long time ago. :(

Are you referring to the SWEET deal his gave his pals in the Pharmaceutical industry?

The People just need to stand up and demand that they simply Sloooooooow Doooooooown! Take this behemoth bill apart and tackle each issue individually as separate pieces of legislation. No one on either side is going to read this entire colossal bill. This is very sad but it's also very true. Lets put an end to this fear mongering "Crisis" rhetoric as well. Way too much way too fast.

Last edited:
Then answer the question, what industry? Is this where I get an emoticon again? You are hiding something, I'm just waiting to see how you can be so against America and for this corrupt government. I'll wait, but I wont hold my breath.

I don't support Baucus's plan. His plan only differs slightly from the Democrat's plan. "Requiring" Americans to carry health insurance is a non-starter for me. I always stand on the side of freedom & liberty. More freedom not less. I just don't understand why so many are so willing to give away their freedom & liberty. :(

Fair enough. Knowing that all American taxpayers already pay for those who do not have coverage as our Hospital emergency rooms are not allowed to turn people away, would you support changing the 1986 legislation that mandates care for all?

It would be inhumane to turn away one who needs immediate care.

Why can't you give them your ATM card?

The IRS: Still a Grave Threat to Freedom

Tom Savage, a retired fireman and businessman, was at home in Wilmington, Delaware, on the morning of April 4, 1993, when an IRS agent knocked on his door. When Savage came out, the agent pointed at the “For Sale” sign in front of his house and asked, “What are you doing, trying to get out of town before you pay your taxes?” The agent demanded to see Savage’s personal tax documents and Savage obliged him, assuming that a quick examination would prove that he owed nothing to the government.

Savage’s firm, Tom Savage Associates, was in the prison-construction business. Unbeknownst to him, a subcontractor of his firm had failed to pay payroll taxes for its employees. This was the first time that Savage had ever done business with that particular firm, yet the IRS agent announced that Savage was personally liable for all the payroll taxes of his subcontractor. This demand was totally in violation of federal tax law. Savage hired a law firm, and within a week, the IRS abandoned its wrongful demand.

Next we'll hear a bunch of rich people of all colors accuse the American people of being racists for opposing government, even though more than half of us voted for the man Obama. I think it's time to grow up, and stop the liberal fear mongering.

Democrats finally recognize Republicans have no interest in passing a bill. Only defeating the President Democrats will ignore Republicans and pass Health catre on their own without the Republicans. They realize that 40 people should not deny the people what they want! The best news is that there will not be a Re publican in he White House for a very long time!

Then answer the question, what industry? Is this where I get an emoticon again? You are hiding something, I'm just waiting to see how you can be so against America and for this corrupt government. I'll wait, but I wont hold my breath.

I work for a German owned engineering conglomerate. My division of this company deals with automation and energy management.

Last edited:
Who really gives a shit what Republicrats think? We need another party, one that represents the American people for a change. Too much corruption and greed in DC.

Everything's a "Crisis" these days. This administration as well as the previous one,have perfected this art of Fear Mongering "Crisis" propaganda. Remember when this President said that if he didn't get all his "Stimulus" cash,all the bridges in America were going to collapse? They create this bogus "Crisis" atmosphere to rapidly force their agendas on us. I don't understand why more Americans aren't aware of this B.S. They don't need to force this colossal spending boondoggle on us. They can slow down and address each issue individually and logically. The People should demand this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back