Senator Cruz, Others Introduce Bill To Ban Federal Coronavirus Passports

Three U.S. Senators introduced legislation on Friday to ban the federal government from establishing coronavirus passports related to individual’s immunization status.

U.S. Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Mike Braun (R-IN), and Cynthia Lummis (R-WY) introduced the bill, which also prohibits the federal government from being able to work with third parties to establish immunization passports.

Cruz said that “Americans shouldn’t be discriminated against because of” their immunization status, “whether that is at work or in everyday life.”

“Americans have a well-established right to privacy that any mandated” immunization passport “would destroy,” Cruz said, adding that it “would be discriminatory against people who, for whatever reason, do not get” it.

Sanity.
Looks like yet another solution in search of a problem. The Republicans are getting good at this.

Cruz said that “Americans shouldn’t be discriminated against because of” their immunization status, “whether that is at work or in everyday life.”

Americans have a right to spread a deadly infection if they want to

Your cowardice does not dictate an interference of my freedom.

Sorry Skippy

If you are unwilling to protect yourself from a deadly infection, others do not have to associate with you

If it works like it's supposed to then everyone who gets one is safe, and anyone who doesn't isn't safe. So if I don't get one I'm only putting myself at risk. So if you have one then it doesn't matter if you associate with me or not.

What you fail to see here is, it's you that doesn't have to associate with us. You're the one who is worried and you're the one who has the ability to "be safe". So you can get the vaccine and be safe or you can not associate with everyone else.

So if you got one then you have no say in the matter, just go on with your life and hush.

Three U.S. Senators introduced legislation on Friday to ban the federal government from establishing coronavirus passports related to individual’s immunization status.

U.S. Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Mike Braun (R-IN), and Cynthia Lummis (R-WY) introduced the bill, which also prohibits the federal government from being able to work with third parties to establish immunization passports.

“Americans have a well-established right to privacy that any mandated” immunization passport “would destroy,” Cruz said, adding that it “would be discriminatory against people who, for whatever reason, do not get” it.

Sanity.
Looks like yet another solution in search of a problem. The Republicans are getting good at this.
We just want to live. To breathe. To walk and drive without someone telling us that we can not do that. To survive. To take care of our children without someone taking the from us for the great state. To sit down with the family no matter how messed up at a dinner without the arbiters of government in control is so good to imagine. To split a bottle of wine with the wife without a prog rule and law invasive to it is so much of freedom. I go to the airport and experience the prog loved tsa and airline flight attendants extremist authoritarian ways and you love it. Until you live it. So just what I typed. Make it better. Repubs want it better to.

Sanity.
We just want to live. To breathe. To walk and drive without someone telling us that we can not do that. To survive. To take care of our children without someone taking the from us for the great state. To sit down with the family no matter how messed up at a dinner without the arbiters of government in control is so good to imagine. To split a bottle of wine with the wife without a prog rule and law invasive to it is so much of freedom. I go to the airport and experience the prog loved tsa and airline flight attendants extremist authoritarian ways and you love it. Until you live it. So just what I typed. Make it better. Repubs want it better to.

Again. A solution in search of a problem.

And for all that - you have no problem with the government interfering in a women's liberty, or a mother's ability to get treatment for her child, or two men who want to marry. It's kind of ala carte isn't it?

There is no "vaccine passport" in the legislative works. So why is this law needed? I know why - it's political virtue signalling. Looks good to the electorate.

If it works like it's supposed to then everyone who gets one is safe, and anyone who doesn't isn't safe. So if I don't get one I'm only putting myself at risk. So if you have one then it doesn't matter if you associate with me or not.

COVID needs human hosts to survive and mutate

You are providing that host

Sorry Skippy

If you are unwilling to protect yourself from a deadly infection, others do not have to associate with you

Sorry Junior, why would I want to be around you anyway? You will NOT take away my freedoms because you are terrified without reason.

Sanity.

I'm not a Republican but I appreciate one defending my freedom.

Sorry Skippy

Sorry Junior, why would I want to be around you anyway? You will NOT take away my freedoms because you are terrified without reason.

600,000 dead is a reason

You're goddamn right.

You don't get to demand anything from us. Go hide under your bed, you authoritarian shit.

Sanity.

I'm not a Republican but I appreciate one defending my freedom.
What freedom? Who's trying to create some sort of federal vaccine passport?

You're goddamn right.

You don't get to demand anything from us. Go hide under your bed, you authoritarian shit.
How about you respect the rights and freedoms of others and keep your goddamn germs to yourself?

Sorry Skippy

:lmao:

Terrified?

Come on dude...the real one's who are terrified are the ones who are running around gibbering about "confiscating muh guns" and feel so terrified they have to take their guns to the grocery store.

Common sense public health measures seem to trigger something pathological in you guys. Tell me....are you ok with your surgeon doing his barnyard chores, then coming in and operating on you with out washing up, sanitizing or wearing a mask?

it’s sad that in the 21st century republicans still have to create law preventing dems from discriminating against people

You're goddamn right.

How about you respect the rights and freedoms of others and keep your goddamn germs to yourself?
You just KNOW they are the same people who never wash their hands after using the restroom.

Sorry Skippy

If you got the vax, you should have nothing to worry about.

Now fuck off and MYOB, Karen.

What do you plan to do with people who refuse to get the vaccine? Will the taxpayer support them if they can't work? Wouldn't that be right, if its the government itself that would be prohibiting their actions?
I’m thinking Social Outcasts

Barred from employment, unable to attend public events, excluded from social events
I'm thinking helicopters....Lots and lots of helicopters.

You're goddamn right.

Don't go in public if you're afraid of germs. I am not asking you to change anything. It is YOU demanding of me.

You're goddamn right.

You just KNOW they are the same people who never wash their hands after using the restroom.
Better wear a body condom.

Forum List

Back